Anyone have Life of George?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Anyone have Life of George?

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 am

I'm looking for some feedback on the game, Life of George. Is it fun? Can it be played on the iPad instead of the Iphone? I have't seen much posted here about it and I really wonder if anyone has bought it! :lol:

I'm wondering if a 7 year old would enjoy it. Thanks!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Anyone have Life of George?

Post by unclephn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 am

I bought it for my niece last Christmas (she was 9 at the time), and I have to say that it's actually pretty fun! If your daughter can follow a normal set of instructions from a set aimed for a 7 year old, then she shouldn't have any problems with this game. It's a fairly simple one, actually. It shows you what to build, and you recreate it as quickly as you can. The faster you are, the higher the score. The best part is that you can create and save your own builds and incorporate them into the game (I made an 'pixelated' mushroom from Super Mario Bros. and it looks awesome lol)!

It can be played on an iPad, however, it must be an iPad 2 or newer. The camera is a necessary part of the game, as you're supposed to take a photo of your re-build and get your score. If I remember correctly, the new version of Life of George that just came out is now supported on Android as well.

In short, it's a fun game that kids will enjoy. You may find that you'll enjoy it as much as they do!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback! If the new version works on Android, that might be an option as well. I'll have to think about it some more.

Rook
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Rook » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 am

Just bought for my wife this weekend.I'll get back to you in few days if you want.

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Hello

I have the original version that I bought back in May When Lego had a $10 off promo. I've only had a chance to play a couple times, but I've had a ton of fun each time I've played. I'm a mid twenties male, and I've played the game on my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android. So I can confirm that any boxed version you buy works with Android. You just have to search for it in the "Google Play" store.

The builds are simple yet very creative. I have no trouble building each picture, so I primarily race against the clock. A younger person would probably build for accuracy points, but I can see the game being accommodating of that.

As far a tech goes. I've only had my phone lock up on me once while I was playing. I had to reboot my phone and everything went back to normal.

I love the game, I only wish I had more friends that loved Lego so I could challenge them in two player mode.

Billy

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Rook wrote:Just bought for my wife this weekend.I'll get back to you in few days if you want.
That would be great, thanks!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:52 pm

cupishalfempty wrote:Hello

I have the original version that I bought back in May When Lego had a $10 off promo. I've only had a chance to play a couple times, but I've had a ton of fun each time I've played. I'm a mid twenties male, and I've played the game on my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android. So I can confirm that any boxed version you buy works with Android. You just have to search for it in the "Google Play" store.

The builds are simple yet very creative. I have no trouble building each picture, so I primarily race against the clock. A younger person would probably build for accuracy points, but I can see the game being accommodating of that.

As far a tech goes. I've only had my phone lock up on me once while I was playing. I had to reboot my phone and everything went back to normal.

I love the game, I only wish I had more friends that loved Lego so I could challenge them in two player mode.

Billy
Thanks for confirming that it works on Android. I'm glad to hear it is fun.