LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Videogame Coming October 31, 2013

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Videogame Coming October 31, 2013

Post by anthonyj8 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

**BREAKING NEWS**
untitled.png
Surprise!! Tell me you didn't see this one coming. That's right. According to an article on Marvel.com ( http://marvel.com/news/story/19916/lego ... ay?flush=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game On the Way" and "Marvel Super Heroes build their way into LEGO games Fall 2013!" Here's the official press release from the site:

"Marvel super heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS handheld system, Nintendo 3DS handheld system and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is the first installment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," coming Fall 2013

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new "Iron Man 3" feature film will launch later this spring.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in 'LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,'” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”

In "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/lego-m ... per-heroes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
"

Well! If that wasn't enough, today Game Informer has released their February Cover: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. They also have an exclusive trailer of the upcoming videogame on their post: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -lego.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; From the video, I can tell that this game will turn out to be quite an... adventure. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by anthonyj8 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Videogame Coming Fall 2013

Post by vynsane » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Damn, now I'm going to have to buy a Wii U...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:42 pm

While I'm sure this game will be fun like all the other Lego video games, I think I'm more excited/anxious about what the exclusive minifig (with pre-order) will be!

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm

vynsane wrote:Damn, now I'm going to have to buy a Wii U...
Yeah, same here. darn it........or will the wii u games still be compatible to some extent with the old wii system?

I am going to forget about preorders for lego games....it was a disaster getting it thru ebgames for the lego LOTR....i was so pissed off about my preorder not getting the minifig, i returned my sealed game (after visiting and phoning the store countless of times). Why should i pay full price for it when its not even a limited ed, and no minifigs as promised? Lego dropped the ball on this one.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Bricksareforme wrote:Yeah, same here. darn it........or will the wii u games still be compatible to some extent with the old wii system?
Strike that, reverse it. Wii games will be playable on Wii U the same way Gamecube games were playable on Wii. Not sure about GC compatibility with U. But older consoles don't play newer games.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Hopefully we'll get more comic style sets now rather than just movie sets and cartoon sets. I want more like the Wolverine set!

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 pm

vynsane wrote:
Bricksareforme wrote:Yeah, same here. darn it........or will the wii u games still be compatible to some extent with the old wii system?
Strike that, reverse it. Wii games will be playable on Wii U the same way Gamecube games were playable on Wii. Not sure about GC compatibility with U. But older consoles don't play newer games.
Yup, u r right. Did a little googling. GC games will not be compatible with U. Guess i will have to factor in the cost of the game and the system....holy bananas!!! :shock:

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:06 pm

OR play it on PC or as a Mac App (if they come out as one). I just thot of that. But it just aint the same as Wiiing.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 am

If you were only playing the LEGO games on a Wii before, you are in for a treat to how crisp the graphics are on 360/PS3/Wii U (HD res and shaders). The Wii was just a re-release of the GameCube with different controllers and marketing.

I bought the Wii U just for LEGO City Undercover, but that game isn't out yet, so I have it still in the box. I prefer to play on the 360 and 3DS. (I have a PS3 and Vita, but only for Blu-ray and exclusives.)

I will probably check out this game on 360, Wii U, and 3DS. This franchise will be cooler than DC (IMHO). I'm sure Wii U will have some exclusive controller feature, but my expectations will be set on 360 as the definitive version for myself. I'm surprised they will still be supporting DS. Harry Potter 1-4 on DS was very disappointing. DS had some good games like LEGO Batman 1, LEGO SW TCS, LEGO Indy 1, but ever since LEGO Indy 2, they dropped the ball and feels completely outsourced.

willb2064
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by willb2064 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Glad it is going to be a series. Lego Batman was fantastic, and I'm really enjoying LOTR although the open world with the side quests is a little confusing.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Videogame Coming October 31, 20

Post by anthonyj8 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm

*UPDATE*
GameStop has revealed their annual LEGO videogame pre-order bonus:
gamestop.png
Definitely not as awesome as GameStop's usual bonuses, as its only a keychain. Especially as it does not appear to be an exclusive or variant. Only time will tell, as GameStop will eventually release a picture of the kechain itself. Until then, speculate away. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm

when I went on the gamestop site there was a picture when you looked up the game. Just a lame run of the mill key chain with the standard Spidey.

I am so bummed as I can only assume most of us our. What a wasted opportunity. I will probably by mine on Amazon now just out of spite ;)

Such a fail on Gamestop's part.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 am

Walmart has an exclusive "Iron Patriot" minifig with their pre-orders. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lego-Marvel-PS3/23014829 The game is also available for the Wii U, and Xbox 360 platforms.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 pm

crewser wrote:Walmart has an exclusive "Iron Patriot" minifig with their pre-orders. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lego-Marvel-PS3/23014829 The game is also available for the Wii U, and Xbox 360 platforms.
only in the USA so far....

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Buttmunch wrote:Hopefully we'll get more comic style sets now rather than just movie sets and cartoon sets. I want more like the Wolverine set!
Yep. 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown was great (Wolverine, Magneto & Deadpool). I never would have guessed that LEGO would make a Deadpool or superheroes at all. I still have the Superman custom LEGO figure that I made when I was a kid. I'm not sure why but Mr. Freeze is one of my all time favorite LEGO superhero minifigures so far (the newer one.. although he really should have had goggles). Sorry.. I realize its a Marvel game and I've wandered into DC characters.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:10 pm

willb2064 wrote:...and I'm really enjoying LOTR although the open world with the side quests is a little confusing.
I just started playing LOTR with my son last week. I really like it too but I agree the side quests and open world is a little confusing to me also. Hoping I get the hang of it. I think so far I like the 2nd Batman game slightly better (only slightly if at all).

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 pm

StClair wrote:
willb2064 wrote:...and I'm really enjoying LOTR although the open world with the side quests is a little confusing.
I just started playing LOTR with my son last week. I really like it too but I agree the side quests and open world is a little confusing to me also. Hoping I get the hang of it. I think so far I like the 2nd Batman game slightly better (only slightly if at all).
While I do enjoy the licensed games, the Lego City game on the Wii U has been my favorite. Not having to follow an existing movie script or genre format, the world was wide open and I felt as though they did a great job with all of that freedom. Lots of great gags all through the game. I highly recommend it and hope the Marvel game is just as good.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Coming out in the morning!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully going to walmart to get me a few iron patriots!!!!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 am

Dang, it's coming out today? Guess I missed out on Iron Patriot...

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:33 am

I might be wrong. I called and they didn't have it. I guess it's the 18th I have read on http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Marvel_Super_Heroes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit. Found this aswell which says 22nd, http://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/lego-marvel-super-heroes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I'm just hoping soon!!!