LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Videogame Coming October 31, 2013

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Videogame Coming October 31, 20

Post by vynsane » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:31 am

Okay, so - full disclosure, I know this is shady as all get-out, but...

I don't have any of the game consoles that this game is coming out for. The most likely candidate is Wii U, but not for quite some time. I have neither the time nor the money to justify that purchase right now. I want this game, but can't play it. I also want the Iron Patriot figure. Has anyone had luck with preordering, getting the exclusive figure, and returning the game?

Or, has anyone been able to just walk up to customer service and receive some of the promo figures either for free or by direct purchase?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Hello everyone,
I wanted to let you all know that a free demo of LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes™ the Videogame is available to download from the official LEGO site. If you have a MAC, you're out of luck, because this demo only works on Windows (8, 7, XP, Vista). I personally played the entire demo (1 level) with my sister in co-op mode and it was pretty darn fun. You can play through the level as the Hulk, Iron Man, or Spiderman and the goal of the level is to defeat Sandman. The way we played it is my sister played on the keyboard and I used my USB Playstation controller. It ended up working rather nice, though when we went into splitscreen mode my computer got rather laggy. Could be just my computer. Anyway, download the free demo here and have fun! : http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/lego-m ... o-download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 pm

The polybag and game are boxed and shrink-wrapped together.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

^^ I just picked up my copy (for the Xbox 360) and the packaging is the same. This is here in Toronto, Canada, and also from a Walmart store.

I'm thinking because the promo minifig is packaged this way, it'll probably fetch a pretty penny in the after-market since they'll be harder to obtain outside of the preorders. The cashier mentioned that they only had a certain amount of preorder copies allotted to the store, which I'm assuming is the case with every store, which might make the minifig that much rarer.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:25 am

Yeah, same here for the preorder online.

Did anyone open theirs yet? Is the game inside additionally shrink-wrapped, or is it an "open item" once the outer wrapping around the cardboard box is removed?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive