Sharing Legos

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Neo
Knight
Knight

Sharing Legos

Post by Neo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Beyond displaying our Lego own creations with others... What are the conditions necessary to get people to begins to or learns to share their Legos? I'm especially interested in what conditions spawn collaborative - collective efforts to create something using Legos, e.g. when children get together to work on a robot in the First Lego League. Thanks, Walter

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Sharing Legos

Post by dr_spock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Being in a LUG helps with the sharing and collaborative builds. There are virtual LUGs whose sole purpose is to collaborate on a giant display for events like BrickWorld. It just takes getting a bunch of people with the same interest together and aim towards a common goal.

Rook
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Rook » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I will not share with you.

But serious building collaborations usually means each builder build a portion of a MOC not that go over dump their LEGO into a big pile and have a go at.

Draug
I'm New !

Post by Draug » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:21 am

Funny enough, my family and two other families we are really good friends with are having a New Year's Eve Lego Party this year! It is the first time we've tried it, but we have 4 kids and they have 2 each, so it is something we thought we could do that would involve the kids too. The kids are 8, 7, 6, 5, 3, 3, and infant.

I am the biggest Lego Crazy of the bunch (by far), so I have committed to taking a few sets over that I have stockpiled through sales throughout the past while - maybe the families will just buy each of theirs off me, or maybe I'll just bring them back home after. The sets are ranging from the Friends Camper and Stephanie's Convertible for an adult to help the two 3 year old girls build and then play with. My son, 5, is bringing his Tie Fighter to complement his X-Wing he received and built for Christmas. For the 6 and 7 year old brothers, I am bringing the 7938 Passenger Train for them to work on. My daughter is bring her 31012 Family Home she received at Christmas. For the 6 adults, I am bringing a 10224 Town Hall (excited to crack open my first modular!), the VW Camper Van, the 7346 Seaside House, and for one Dad who remembers fondly "Basic Bricks and using imagination" as a kid, I am bringing the 7347 Highway Hauler and 31011 Aviation Adventure as I think the Creator series is just great at making detailed models out of fairly basic parts.

Wow, when I type it all out, I look a bit crazy!!! :shock: There is no way we'll get it all built.