How often does Lego do 3X VIP points?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

How often does Lego do 3X VIP points?

Post by earl9371 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:24 am

I'm looking to purchase the large Sydney Opera House set, and remember that Lego did 3X VIP points a few weeks back. I'm in no rush to get the set, so I'd like to hold out until the promotion runs again. Is this something they only do around the holidays, or is there any other time of year they typically have this promotion in place? Thanks in advance for your insights!

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Re: How often does Lego do 3X VIP points?

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:42 pm

I think it is twice a year. This one that just passed in October and once in the summer (I think).

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Twice a year they do double points (2x) - October and late March/early April usually.

As far as I know, this year was the first time they offered 3x VIP points for the VIP sale prior to Black Friday (I think, please correct me if that is wrong).
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 am

Oh yes, I was thinking double points. Sorry about that.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:35 am

Hodgeman wrote:Twice a year they do double points (2x) - October and late March/early April usually.

As far as I know, this year was the first time they offered 3x VIP points for the VIP sale prior to Black Friday (I think, please correct me if that is wrong).
You are right. I didn't believe the 3x VIP rumors were real until it was officially announced this year because it was the first time.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 pm

It was the first time they did it this year. So not often at all.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:59 pm

yeah, I've only seen 3x VIP points once, which, as mentioned above, was the VIP deal before Black Friday. And coincidentally, I bought the Sydney Opera House when the deal was offered.

the12banch
I'm New !

Post by the12banch » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:25 am

I am also waiting to get a few big sets for double (preferably triple) points - Simpsons House, Sydney, Parisian Cafe, hopefully Benny's spaceship and Metal-beard's sea cow? I think I heard March from a LEGO store guy for double. Triple points though? Might be a long wait for a train don't come... to quote Cap Reynolds.

But here is to waiting for points! Cheers! May the wait be painless. ...wish they did more double points events. Even if it's a one day only kind of thing sprinkled in here and there.