LEGO Stores & LEGO Shop Black Friday 2013 Sales

Forum for 2013 Black Friday LEGO sales & deals!
ss7man
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO Stores & LEGO Shop Black Friday 2013 Sales

Post by ss7man » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 pm

I thought resellers meant target, Walmart, toys r us. It's a crappy sale still. I was hoping to be able to get more for my money for being patient. I have spent thousands on Lego so I do look forward to these sale to get more. I think this is poor marketing

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:26 am

I got 2 plastic storage bins with baseplates!!!! These and the $19.99 Lego Marvel game @ the Microsoft store were my only purchases yesterday. Hoping to do better after Christmas, but honestly there have been some good sales recently, it's probably for the best (for my wallet) that the options were limited.

A general question about Lego stores: In the past, I have exchanged doubles of a set my son received a couple of times, without a receipt, and had no problem. This was without even knowing if the set was purchased there. What about if you want to do a return on a shop at home item, can it be done in store as well or do they make you ship it back? His grandmother purchased a set I already have set aside for him.

LegoFanTexas
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by LegoFanTexas » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:27 pm

If you have the receipt from the box, the packing slip, they can use that to take the return in store.

They still actually return it as "no receipt" return, but it doesn't count against your total limit for such returns.

If you do too many "no receipt" returns they will cut you off sooner or later, but my local manager told me that for S@H orders, if I have the packing slip from the box, I may return anything I like that was purchased from S@H.

Tyrant01
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Tyrant01 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:07 pm

LegoFanTexas wrote: To this day, most people know what the New Coke disaster was and Coke never really fully recovered from it, it gave Pepsi an opening that they took and held onto since.
What are you talking about? Coke won the Cola Wars almost 2 decades ago. Pepsi, the company, has had a higher value due to it's diversification while Pepsi, the drink, is no longer number 2 (that would be Diet Coke) and neither numbers 2 or 3 sell anywhere near what number 1 sells. I wish LEGO would make that kind of "mistake" and utterly crush their competition.
TLG would be wise to keep that in mind, lest they do something stupid like move all their manufacturing to China to cut costs, only to have their product turn to crap. Once lost, you can't easily buy that reputation back.
I'll say, just to be clear, that I am by no means a "TLG can do no wrong" kind of guy, but what is the point of baseless doom and gloom speculation? Of course that would be bad. I am fairly certain everyone here agrees with that. Do you have anything saying that is happening? You might as well comment on how bad it would be for the sun to explode to try to make a point. So TLG didn't have a dynamite Black Friday sale? Oh my god the sky must be falling and they are going to slide into obscurity! Give me a break.
KREO is just waiting in the wings for that...
Is this the same KREO that, at least at the Wal Marts near me, I can only find CityVille crap? The same one that I have to go to Target or Toys R Us if I want any of them that are worthwhile? While I can go to Wal Mart and buy most of the current LEGO sets as they fill their own isle? While I believe KREO is a better clone than Mega Blocks, I think the odds of it overtaking LEGO are on par with RC Cola pulling off a knock out blow on Coke. You guys are overreacting to one sale and the exclusion of one coupon that only a fraction of the fan base ever got, much less used (the 10% coupon and the exclusives for those wondering).

I do not see reason to believe the sky is in any danger of falling.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:46 pm

I'd like to point out that LEGO was almost sold to Hasbro about 10 years ago. Just remember that people. No company stays on top forever.

However crap sales (discounts) will not be their downfall.
Last edited by Brick & Blue on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Lol, the modulars ARE NOT selling... FAO and RUs have to actually give away highway pickups to get their inventory sold....maybe Lego will realize soon they sooo need their resellers. Lol

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:34 pm

zztoy wrote:Lol, the modulars ARE NOT selling... FAO and RUs have to actually give away highway pickups to get their inventory sold....maybe Lego will realize soon they sooo need their resellers. Lol
You have no way of proving that.

For all we know TRU bought too many sets and then LEGO went "No discounts" so they give you a free set because they didn't know ahead of time. In the future they will order less, or have more, but in small orders.

Or it's completely likely that the free set isn't selling so instead of discounting a set no one wants they give it to you for free.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm

They should have a "free Death Star with purchase of Palpatines Arrest" to get rid of two crappers. 1 that's too expensive and 1 that sucks.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 pm

I want to get a train motor and battery box. I probably should order that while there is still free shipping.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:22 am

anakinisvader wrote:They should have a "free Death Star with purchase of Palpatines Arrest" to get rid of two crappers. 1 that's too expensive and 1 that sucks.
"Buy a B-Wing, and get a Palpatine's Arrest Free!"

Pass.

Btw, I also agree that it's more likely that the set they are giving away is the likely one not selling well. It looks like a good set, but I gave up that line, and rather got my 3x VIP points and sticker through Lego. Even if I kept to resell, so many will be on the market, and shipping for large creator tends to be expensive.

I would venture to say the modulars are doing well for as long as they have kept FB and GE going. 5 Modulars currently available with a 6th coming out next year. Plus the Haunted House which is a hybrid.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for the reminder on the Lego movie sticker for the Palace modular, got my local stores last one.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Marcus70 wrote:Thanks for the reminder on the Lego movie sticker for the Palace modular, got my local stores last one.
Thanks for pointing this out. I totally forgot about this when I bought the set last week. Went to the store today and the girl gave me 2 sticker sheets. (: