Walmart summer clearance 2016

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
minifigW
Knight
Knight

Re: Walmart summer clearance 2016

Post by minifigW » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:33 am

Amazing find. I was thrilled to find a few at $50.00, but $30 is a hell of a lot better. If you don't mind me asking, what state was this in?

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:44 pm

minifigW wrote:Amazing find. I was thrilled to find a few at $50.00, but $30 is a hell of a lot better. If you don't mind me asking, what state was this in?
All my finds are NE metro Atlanta

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:15 pm

I would have paid $70 for that set. Argh. Was in MI when I saw one store with it for that price and drove an hour hoping brickseek was still good but unfortunately was no where to be found when I got there and employee said they didn't have it in stock.

5ohBrix
I'm New !

Post by 5ohBrix » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Went to the bigger of the two Walmarts (Ames IA) that we have in my town to get some groceries and thought I would check the lego's as it will be my sons birthday soon. This Walmart almost never has decent Lego clearances. However today I scored my first really good clearance deal there.

Found

Lego Minecraft 21115 The First Night $9

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:29 pm

5ohBrix wrote:Went to the bigger of the two Walmarts (Ames IA) that we have in my town to get some groceries and thought I would check the lego's as it will be my sons birthday soon. This Walmart almost never has decent Lego clearances. However today I scored my first really good clearance deal there.

Found

Lego Minecraft 21115 The First Night $9
Nice find! Was it marked or did you have to scan?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 pm

I was just at a Walmart and 95% of LEGO sets were on 'roll back' 20-30%+ off. It looks like they might have gotten smarter and decided to stick the sets on sale before Christmas and not after. Not 'clearance' yet, but the prices are just as god. The NinjaGo lighthouse was $54, the Creator Lighthouse was $46 I believe. Pretty much everything was on rollback besides a few small Angry Birds and 3-4 City sets.

They even had the brand new BatmanMovie sets on sale. Bat cave $88, Mr. Freeze $16.40, and the Joker's Pimpcar for $44.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I was just at a Walmart and 95% of LEGO sets were on 'roll back' 20-30%+ off. It looks like they might have gotten smarter and decided to stick the sets on sale before Christmas and not after. Not 'clearance' yet, but the prices are just as god. The NinjaGo lighthouse was $54, the Creator Lighthouse was $46 I believe. Pretty much everything was on rollback besides a few small Angry Birds and 3-4 City sets.

They even had the brand new BatmanMovie sets on sale. Bat cave $88, Mr. Freeze $16.40, and the Joker's Pimpcar for $44.
I was shocked to see the BatmanMovie sets on set already... but as you said they are probably just pushing sells just before Christmas (plus being competitive to match other retailers). Smart move. I'm holding out for further discounts Can't wait to get the Joker car (and Penguin car) but I'll hold out until the Joker car is down to at least $40. Thanks for sharing!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 am

I think stores have finally released that LEGO is insanely overpriced. There have been more sales and clearance this year than I have seen in a decade. Target, Walmart, Amazon all price match each other and sets are always 20% off. Most years LEGO Trains never go on sale, they are now almost always 30% off, and sometimes close to 50%. Even Star Wars has had a few sales. LEGO's prices are not sustainable and the other stores see that and are getting a head start.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:05 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I think stores have finally released that LEGO is insanely overpriced. There have been more sales and clearance this year than I have seen in a decade. Target, Walmart, Amazon all price match each other and sets are always 20% off. Most years LEGO Trains never go on sale, they are now almost always 30% off, and sometimes close to 50%. Even Star Wars has had a few sales. LEGO's prices are not sustainable and the other stores see that and are getting a head start.
Honestly, I don't think it is "Overpriced" as, accounting for inflation, Lego is cheaper(expect bulk buckets....which are much higher) But it might be more of a matter that the market has become saturated and that caught retailers oversupplied.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:37 pm

NIGELTTF wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:I think stores have finally released that LEGO is insanely overpriced. There have been more sales and clearance this year than I have seen in a decade. Target, Walmart, Amazon all price match each other and sets are always 20% off. Most years LEGO Trains never go on sale, they are now almost always 30% off, and sometimes close to 50%. Even Star Wars has had a few sales. LEGO's prices are not sustainable and the other stores see that and are getting a head start.
Honestly, I don't think it is "Overpriced" as, accounting for inflation, Lego is cheaper(expect bulk buckets....which are much higher) But it might be more of a matter that the market has become saturated and that caught retailers oversupplied.
I think it's just overpriced. Lego suing Lipson (Or whatever the Chinese ripoff company is) I think proves that. We can't use inflation for an excuse for everything. Video games are much cheaper than there were 30 years ago, but so is the tech to make them. That's the same with LEGO. Thirty years ago Lego had baseplates, no stickers, and better quality plastic and no dyes. LEGO uses dyes now to make the colors, and sometimes they don't match. Stickers save a ton of money, and LEGO laid off thousands of people 10-25 years ago to make everything run on robots instead. That all saves money.

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:32 pm

No new markdowns - I figure that that the Winter clearance should be arriving soon? Or has the pricing strategy to move pre-Christmas negated that?

It seems like Walmart shelves are still pretty flush with sets, unlike some other retailers in my area.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:36 pm

ritzcrackerman wrote:No new markdowns - I figure that that the Winter clearance should be arriving soon? Or has the pricing strategy to move pre-Christmas negated that?

It seems like Walmart shelves are still pretty flush with sets, unlike some other retailers in my area.
I've read mixed reports. Some are finding a few good deals and others empty shelves. I'm off to check my store now.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:55 pm

ritzcrackerman wrote:No new markdowns - I figure that that the Winter clearance should be arriving soon? Or has the pricing strategy to move pre-Christmas negated that?

My local store had clearance items near the seasonal section (near Lawn and Garden and Christmas Decor). Found a few LEGO sets at about 25%-30% off but I passed on them all. Angry Birds pirate ship was $30, Nexo Knight Jestro evil mobile $35, Elves Starlight Inn $21 (and a few others) but nothing exciting.