ToysRUs batman Lego Build -Saturday 11 Feb 2017 - 1-3 pm

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

ToysRUs batman Lego Build -Saturday 11 Feb 2017 - 1-3 pm

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:18 am

tred912
Citizen
Citizen

TRU Lego Batman Movie in store build

Post by tred912 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:05 pm

IMG_3763.jpg
Attended the build today with my son. More than 100 people in line at 1:00pm start. There was a mixture of big kids and small kids (some in strollers). We were given Lego card while standing in line and gave it back to worker at desk. My store had the boxes sorted with bricks inside to be picked out by each kid. They should have had the bricks pre-bagged for some people to get through the lines quicker, but no one thought of that at my store. We just grabbed our bricks which took about 30 minutes or so to get to the table and continued to shop afterwards. Free Lego is always nice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Re: TRU Lego Batman Movie in store build

Post by MrVEP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Went to mine local store, it was fun and relatively fast.

I knew better to get there early so I arrived at 12:30 made #10 on the line.
But actually when the event started folks in front of me had multiple children so I'm pretty sure I was about 20-something in terms of sets handout.

My local store didn't mind that my son was not there; he is more into video games now so he didn't care about the event. But for me it was a free mini Lego car; could not pass the opportunity.

The line was huge at 1:00 they were letting parents and kids moved in mini groups to the tables where the kids where handed the set already bagged to built on the tables. There was a wait time until the kids finished building and got up to let other kids start their sets.

I told the guy "One to go" he told me to go to another lady, she gave me the sealed bag with the instructions sheet and I was on my merry way out; until I saw polybag 30521 The Mini Batmobile and with the BOGO 40% I bought 2.
I felt sorry for the parents that got there around 1:30 there was no way they were going to make it. The turnout in my store was great and a big success.

Pretty happy about today's event. It has been a while since TRU puts a Lego events that got my attention.
Nice set and very useful for any city layout.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: ToysRUs batman Lego Build -Saturday 11 Feb 2017 - 1-3 pm

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 am

Wait... you don't need to have a child? I would have went then.

c8h10n4o2x2
I'm New !

Post by c8h10n4o2x2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:05 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Wait... you don't need to have a child? I would have went then.
I have never had a problem every time I have had a chance to make it there, at this event there were several AFOLs in line.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:09 pm

c8h10n4o2x2 wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:Wait... you don't need to have a child? I would have went then.
I have never had a problem every time I have had a chance to make it there, at this event there were several AFOLs in line.

No need for a kid at least in my store. Plus the promotion said "ages 6 and up" no mention it was limited to kids.

But keep in mind that it could vary by store. I read somewhere else that other AFOLs had problems at their stores, with employees not letting them have the car without their children present.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: TRU Lego Batman Movie in store build

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:53 pm

MrVEP wrote:
But actually when the event started folks in front of me had multiple children so I'm pretty sure I was about 20-something in terms of sets handout.
The same crap happened to me, right when the line started moving, everyone's buddy and there kids showed up.
At my store its kids only, but when the event is over, adults can go, or kids can go back for more,if there is any left(this never happens)