LEGO Minifigure Series 17

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ohiojeff
Peasant
Peasant

LEGO Minifigure Series 17

Post by ohiojeff » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Found a picked through box at one Walmart (checked at 2 others with no luck) and also found a box out by the customer service desk at a Toys'R'Us. In Cincinnati Area.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Minifigure Series 17

Post by askthelegoguy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 am

What do you think of this series ohiojeff? Is it better than the last series?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 am

Well, I'm not him, but I have found them up here in Canada and got a complete set so I'll share my thoughts on the matter. (I don't know if my local store priced them incorrectly at $4, or if that is the correct price here, but I skipped the Lego Batman series due to them being $5).

Anyway, I think the series as a whole is rather weak. Some the figures are quite boring and really don't bring much to the table. There are a few really good ones though. The Elf Princess has metallic printing and is very detailed. The rocket boy has a classic space logo on his shirt (which is hidden by the rocket, but ok) and is really nice. The French bread guy is honestly boring, but he comes with a new dog element so I like that, and the Vet comes with a new rabbit element. The butterfly girl has really nice wings, and her hair is a recolor of Wildstyles hair so that's cool.

Then there is the mystery figure (Its a highwayman by the way) which has nice printed torso, and new gun color, but I am baffled why they chose to make this one a mystery. Its no one in particular and there are 5 per box, so its not rare either.

Anyway, its not the best set ever, but it does have a few really nice figures and a lot of new interesting molds and parts that you can't get anywhere else.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 am

Now listed on Lego Shop@home for $3.99 Canadian. Excellent!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:22 pm

I can't find these anywhere. Usually my local TRU is good about putting them out on release date, but they're not even showing up on the TRU website. Anyone have product numbers for TRU, Barnes and Noble, Walmart or Target?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon May 01, 2017 7:13 pm

phantasmo33 wrote:I can't find these anywhere. Usually my local TRU is good about putting them out on release date, but they're not even showing up on the TRU website. Anyone have product numbers for TRU, Barnes and Noble, Walmart or Target?
B&N are always the last to have them from my experience, don't count on them.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 pm

I normally don't find them anywhere for two weeks.

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Found them at WalMart today, which is super bizarre because the WalMarts here never get minifigures. Scored a full set.