[Contest] Holiday LEGO Building 2011

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Aladar
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [Contest] Holiday LEGO Building Contest 2011

Post by Aladar » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi, why can't we use LDD, just wondering? I'm a Lego fan but have very few bricks...

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 am

I am at the counting stage of my (possible) entry. Since this is my first contest, I just have a question or two:

I saw the post about mini figure count, but do I count hands and arms separately? so a figure would be:
Torso
Legs
Head
Arm- L&R (2)
Hand- L&R (2)
Hair/hat
for a total of eight...or four for a standard (non accessory) figure. Just don't want to screw up as I have 20+ figures and could make a significant count difference.

Thanks!

david

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:50 am

How is 22 days less than half a month? :lol:

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:47 am

dho7622u wrote:I am at the counting stage of my (possible) entry. Since this is my first contest, I just have a question or two:

I saw the post about mini figure count, but do I count hands and arms separately? so a figure would be:
Torso
Legs
Head
Arm- L&R (2)
Hand- L&R (2)
Hair/hat
for a total of eight...or four for a standard (non accessory) figure. Just don't want to screw up as I have 20+ figures and could make a significant count difference.

Thanks!

david
I'm not the boss, but since arms and hands are attached to the torso, I would count a mini figure (without accessories) as 4 pieces: hair, head, torso, legs.

Ruling needed perhaps.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 am

Pretty sure that a 'torso assembly' (as called on Bricklink) is one piece according to TLG, meaning torso, arms, and hands, which is what we'll go by too.

dho7622u - you forgot that the 'leg assembly' can also be pulled apart, being hips and a left and right leg. In total, if you counted sub-assemblies, a single minifigure could count for 10 pieces total WITHOUT an accessory (hat/hair, head, torso, left arm, right arm, left hand, right hand, hips, left leg, right leg.)

However, if you go to the LEGO Store BaM station, a three-pack of figures is considered to be 15 pieces (hat/hair, head, torso assembly, leg assembly, accessory) x 3.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

PjB
I'm New !

Post by PjB » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Erm, there still don't seem to be any entries in the entry thread or in the flickr pool. Are they around somewhere else and I'm just not seeing them, or is everyone waiting until the last minute?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:How is 22 days less than half a month? :lol:
Thank you, its been corrected.
dho7622u wrote:I am at the counting stage of my (possible) entry. Since this is my first contest, I just have a question or two:

Torso
Legs
Head
Arm- L&R (2)
Hand- L&R (2)
Hair/hat

Thanks!

david
We would not disqualify you if you go over a few pieces (thats just too mean). There is also no way we can physically count how many pieces you used in your entry. But if you build something like the size of a UCS Super Star Destroyer or Taj Mahal, then that is against the contest rules. As long as it looks like its within that 1000 pieces range, its good!
PjB wrote:Erm, there still don't seem to be any entries in the entry thread or in the flickr pool. Are they around somewhere else and I'm just not seeing them, or is everyone waiting until the last minute?
Those are the only 2 places for entries. I'm sure there will be at least 4 entries, but we'll probably get a number around the Microbuild Tournament (12 contestants) and Space Travel (13 contestants).

For this contest, we will have 4 winners. So if we get roughly the same amount of contestants, 1 out of every 3 people will win.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Hmm. I want to enter, but I don't know what to build. :think:

Brick Monster
I'm New !

Post by Brick Monster » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm almost done with my entry!! :lol:

Walter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Walter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Heard about this contest on Flickr.

I'd love to enter if I find the time! :-D

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I have entered most building contests since i joined and haven't won anything yet...so I am not sure if I would like to enter for this one... Maybe I'll submit something last minute

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:43 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:I have entered most building contests since i joined and haven't won anything yet...so I am not sure if I would like to enter for this one... Maybe I'll submit something last minute
I'm sorry about that gabriellee11. We understand this, hence the reason why we've boosted the prizes to 4 winners this time and also excluded those who won the last contest.

Keep trying! :)

Walter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Walter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:51 pm

I have a small question about a creation I recently built. The theme is Thanksgiving, a holiday rather close to Christmas, but I don't know if it would be eligible. It could pass off as a 'Christmas' feast, but I just wanted the judge's opinions on it.

If you think it's eligible, and the piece count is under 1000, I might just enter this. Things have been really busy so I don't think I can build an entry for this contest in time, but if I can enter this creation I'd love too.

Thanks!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Walter

As long as the entry is new and haven't been used in past contests or any events, you can use the entry. Just make sure to follow all of our contest submitting rules (i.e uploading to our group pool, etc).

Good luck!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 pm

In order to get more people to enter, we'll be boosting the prizes up a bit if you don't want the LEGO boxes. This only applies if you are a Toys N Bricks sponsored prize winner (1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes).
  • You can get a bonus LEGO Star Wars Battle Pack (Mandalorian, Snowtrooper, or Hoth Rebel Trooper) if you are choosing Star Wars
  • You can get a bonus 5611 Public Works and 7637 Farmer sets if you are choosing City
*The bonus sets will come in their original LEGO boxes. Only Cad Bane's Speeder, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, Pig Farm & Tractor will not have a box.

For the Winter Village Post Office Grand Prize, there is no deboxing or bonus sets as that is sponsored by the LEGO Group.

Walter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Walter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Ice wrote:Hi Walter

As long as the entry is new and haven't been used in past contests or any events, you can use the entry. Just make sure to follow all of our contest submitting rules (i.e uploading to our group pool, etc).

Good luck!
Okay! Thank you. :-)