Lego in Tokyo

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Lego in Tokyo

Post by slacker » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:04 am

I'll be in Tokyo for a few days next month. Does anyone know where I can get Lego sets exclusive to Japan?

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Re: Lego in Tokyo

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:43 am

Not sure if you're gone yet but try click brick they may or may not have any Lego sets exclusive to Japan but they are the Lego brand store in Japan

Also, you can try Yodobashi Camera store, this is a huge store with multi level floors that includes toys and they do have Lego stuff but again not sure if they have any Lego sets exclusive to Japan

If anything the store itself would be very impressive to see.

Also, not sure if you knew this but LEGOLAND is planning on building or they have started building a new place in the Odaiba, Tokyo section which I think is opening sometime next year- not sure on the opening date.

Hopefully this help some - let me know what you find...

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 am

I'm back. Didn't find much in any of the stores. Japanese anime rules here. But I did manage something. I only found the minifigs in these machines. You're looking at $4 per fig. The open stuff wasn't cheap. The samurai was the most expensive at $20.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:37 pm

That first picture is pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks for sharing slacker. Did Lego team up with Bandai? I remember that name from the power rangers toys and tv show.

Did you get any other interesting things while you were out there? I would probably go crazy with the random figures and video games :lol:

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:34 am

This is what I got. Not to derail from the original post, I got some anime artbooks. The anime/hobby shops were amazing. I wish we had something like that here. Toywiz is nearby me but it doesn't compare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:09 pm

condor wrote:Did Lego team up with Bandai?
No, they just make the vending machine. Just like the vending machines you find in the US and other countries, the toys inside vary wildy.

However, Bandai have teamed up with MegaBloks on a number of occasions, and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of their Gundam or Pokémon sets ... but you think Lego is expensive? Yeeesh.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 am

Wow... I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

dogfin
I'm New !

Post by dogfin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:51 am

I'll be heading to Japan, specifically Tokyo and would be interest on hearing about pricing compared to the USA and Australia and also if there are any Japanese exclusive sets I should keep my eye out for.

Also, any tips for buying Lego in Japan.

:-D

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:23 am

dogfin wrote:and also if there are any Japanese exclusive sets I should keep my eye out for.
There's the original two CUUSOO sets:-

21100 - Shinkai 6500 Submarine

21101 - Hayabusa

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 am

Well the 2 sets that "GuaranteedUnity" mentioned may still be available.

As far as pricing its not that much difference and can sometimes be more expensive...

Although I did think that the build a minifig offer was not bad when you buy more then the standard 3 or 5 I think it was a little cheaper and they also have a display of almost all of the ones that can be purchased. I'm pretty sure you can't build them yourself though and a sale clerk needs to do it.

Hey I just remembered Legoland Discovery center in Tokyo at Odaiba should be opening up this month maybe you can check that out.

Good luck and take pictures and please share them when you get back...
dogfin wrote:I'll be heading to Japan, specifically Tokyo and would be interest on hearing about pricing compared to the USA and Australia and also if there are any Japanese exclusive sets I should keep my eye out for.

Also, any tips for buying Lego in Japan.

:-D