[CAN] Toys R Us Boxing Week Deals

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Shijima
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us Boxing Week Deals

Post by Shijima » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:50 am

Most places require Dollar amounts in the flyer as opposed to percentages before they will price match.

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lerico » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:07 am

Ice wrote:Lol, too late by then! I will be heading to the Burnaby Toys R Us tommorow to hopefully get a Mill Village Raid and a Blacksmith Attack. I don't even have those sets yet. :(
You can always get blacksmith attack from Homesense or winners for 8.99 if you can't find one at TRU.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:58 am

Came back from my local TRU just about now (Barrie). No Kingdoms set whatsoever (nothing - zilch). They had a few PQ and some Atlantis but not a very good selections.

Sort of disappointed that there were no Kingdoms sets whatsoever...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:32 am

Same, no Kingdoms sets at my ToyRUs either. Pretty weird to see all these signs in the store saying 50% off Kingdoms, and not a single set to be seen anywhere. Makes me wonder whether they're just using them on their flyer as a way to get people into the store, and either sold out long ago - or gasp - deliberately took them all off the shelves before the sale.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:34 am

Blacknight wrote:Same, no Kingdoms sets at my ToyRUs either. Pretty weird to see all these signs in the store saying 50% off Kingdoms, and not a single set to be seen anywhere. Makes me wonder whether they're just using them on their flyer as a way to get people into the store, and either sold out long ago - or gasp - deliberately took them all off the shelves before the sale.
In theory, by law (at least in Ontario), they need to have at least a few boxes of Kingdoms, otherwise it is classified as fradulent advertisement - but usually no one cares... would have been nice to get another MVR... :crazy: but oh well, there will be future sales - no need to get worked up about it :lol:no
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:50 am

Also, don't forget to use your TRU SAVINGS CARD (the $10 card you can redeem when you purchase something over $50). They handed em out a few weeks back with any LEGO set purchase. They are valid starting today...

I just discovered them in my wallet AFTER coming back from TRU :down: - I'm an idiot... :silent: don't let that happen to you!

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:21 am

Went to a local TRU late after I slept in and heard there was a swarm buying Kingdom's at the open.
Funny thing is I found a King's Carriage Ambush that they left behind in a different aisle, which I got so it was not a wasted trip, but since I already have it, anyone who can meet up in Markham, it's yours for $30 (markup is for the coffee and donut) :-D Message me if you want it.

Also, found at a local WMT the 1600 piece XXL boxes for $40, guess some stock in back, 1 left after I got one. They were not in the usual place. Message me and I'll tell you which WMT and where to look, and hopefully it is still there.

EDIT: Got PM'd about the Walmart XXL so it is now likely gone.
EDIT: Remaining XXL bought by PM person. Enjoy!

Now to fight crowds with wifey at malls, wish me luck !
Last edited by loporjai2003 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:14 am

Just got back from Toys R Us and picked up a Mill Village Raid. Very happy! :-D

Almost everyone in line was going to the LEGO section grabbing that set (probably gone now). There were around 10 Mill Village Raid, 2 Scropion Pyramids, 10 Cursed Cobra Statue and lots of Portal of Atlantis and Exploration HQ.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 am

Ice wrote:Just got back from Toys R Us and picked up a Mill Village Raid. Very happy! :-D

Almost everyone in line was going to the LEGO section grabbing that set (probably gone now). There were around 10 Mill Village Raid, 2 Scropion Pyramids, 10 Cursed Cobra Statue and lots of Portal of Atlantis and Exploration HQ.
Lucky you! Not so much luck here but then there is only one TRU for a 130K city so that's likely why it's more difficult to find the good stuff.

Will check some TRU express this afternoon... maybe they have the odd Kingdoms set left :-D

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 am

Got to tru about 20 minutes before opening, 4 people in front of me, by the time it opened at least another 20 were behind me, and maybe another 20 at the other entrance to the TRU
Doors opened, only myself and one kid went to the lego aisle, he grabbed a MVR as did I, there was about 4 of them left after that. I then proceded to hum and haw over PQ sets, and finally decided to get that Atlantis set with the Crab guy and the gold guy, after that no one else had grabbed a MVR so I sheepishly grabbed another one..

This set is just too cool to pass up getting more of those farm animals and a few dragon knights before the line is gone.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:35 pm

The two TRU stores I went to had 0, absolutely no Kingdoms sets, both had a bunch of Rise of the Sphinx, and the Cobra thing, only one of them had the Portal of Atlantis.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:37 pm

The Richmond Toys R Us store appears to have the City of Atlantis set as I saw a woman carrying it. Though, when I got to the LEGO section, there was close to nothing. Just a bunch of Rise of the Sphinx and Portal of Atlantis sets.

I was planning to get a few Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack set but they don't have any Kingdoms set at all. Seems like Burnaby is the only store that had a Kingdoms set instock in the morning.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:39 pm

^Yeah, I went to that one and Metrotown. However, they were well stocked on the Dino sets.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:26 pm

harry99 wrote:
Ice wrote:Just got back from Toys R Us and picked up a Mill Village Raid. Very happy! :-D

Lucky you! Not so much luck here but then there is only one TRU for a 130K city so that's likely why it's more difficult to find the good stuff.

Will check some TRU express this afternoon... maybe they have the odd Kingdoms set left :-D
Thanks! I was expecting the people that were lining up to buy a $129.99 XBOX 360 or the $199.99 PS3, not LEGO. :lol:

But yes, do check some of the Toys R Us Express stores as you may be lucky enough to find it. Good luck!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Has anyone tried to do any price matching at Walmart (or any other retailers)? I might give it a shot tmrw!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 pm

unclephn wrote:Has anyone tried to do any price matching at Walmart (or any other retailers)? I might give it a shot tmrw!
Most likely they will not give you a price match, I believe the flyer must have a specific item on sale in order for them to give you the same price. But if it does work, let us know!