Entire Kingdoms line discontinued?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
jikura
Peasant
Peasant

Entire Kingdoms line discontinued?

Post by jikura » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Thats what a Lego store employee told me today. Any truth to this, especially since s@h only has the newest joust set available?

koromo
Knight
Knight

Re: Entire Kingdoms line discontinued?

Post by koromo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Gag! Unacceptable. Better not be true.

Though if Lego goes LoTR it would cannabalize the castle base as PoTC did to Pirates reboot.

Could do the world better with less liscences if we keep loosing stock themes.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:16 pm

I would much prefer if LEGO stopped producing licensed themes.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:31 pm

There are only two entries on the Lego S@H site for Kingdoms. The new joust set and sold out Princess keychain.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

wintersun
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wintersun » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Medieval Market Village is still there too

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Is it weird that I have a tendency to like themes right after they be discontinued? Since the Kingdoms Joust set came out, I've been looking at the other Kingdoms sets, and now I am really disappointed that I didn't buy them when I had the chance to.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 am

Legobrandon wrote:I would much prefer if LEGO stopped producing licensed themes.
The licensing gives them money, so it is a double edged sword.
Is it weird that I have a tendency to like themes right after they be discontinued?
My BIL did the same thing with the Power Miners and now Kingdoms theme.

I have a blacksmith attack 6918 if you're interested. ;-)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:54 am

yes, kingdoms is being discontinued to make way for LotR. same like imperial flagship, the kingdoms joust will still be around for 2 years but don't expect other sets.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 am

I have a blacksmith attack 6918 if you're interested.
No thanks, going to pick that up today for 50% off. :-)

eliminator
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eliminator » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Kingdoms gone, Joust will continue as an orphan set like the Medieval Market Village did for the Castle line and the Imperial Flagship for the Pirates/Imperial Soldiers line

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:09 pm

TLG replied in a tweet that they did not discontinue the theme for 2012 but I suspect Joust and MMV is what they meant - that or the rep was misinformed because it sure seems like it's gone :cry:

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:34 pm

I can understand why, they would just be making a product that would be competing with there LOTR line.
I greet this with mixed emotions, I really dig the kingdoms line, but am a HUGE lotr fan.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Is it weird that I have a tendency to like themes right after they be discontinued? Since the Kingdoms Joust set came out, I've been looking at the other Kingdoms sets, and now I am really disappointed that I didn't buy them when I had the chance to.
Me, too. My son kept telling me how much he liked Kingdoms, but he was already following Power Miners (which he didn't pick up until it was discontinued), Space Police (ditto), Ninjago and Hero Factory - I really didn't want to start another line, but now I'm regretting not letting him do it.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 am

melsig wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:Is it weird that I have a tendency to like themes right after they be discontinued? Since the Kingdoms Joust set came out, I've been looking at the other Kingdoms sets, and now I am really disappointed that I didn't buy them when I had the chance to.
Me, too. My son kept telling me how much he liked Kingdoms, but he was already following Power Miners (which he didn't pick up until it was discontinued), Space Police (ditto), Ninjago and Hero Factory - I really didn't want to start another line, but now I'm regretting not letting him do it.
For some reason, I recently got interested in Space Police too. When the theme first came out, I had no interest at all. Bionicles and Hero Factory sets were not my thing, I have never liked them and I don't think I ever will.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 am

I like Space Police, too, and I really like that it's still possible to find sets that aren't super-expensive. I get the impression that most adults don't care for Hero Factory. Still, it's really the only line that my son will build and then immediately disassemble and design his own characters from the parts - he won't do that with any of the other sets (although he likes to add-on to them). As a parent, I like that.

Also, I - cough, cough - finally managed to get him hooked on SW by buying him the Advent Calendar this Dec. (This was another "set" he immediately disassembled on the 24th and started building his own droids and ships from the parts.) I was always a little disappointed he didn't show as much enthusiasm about one of the formative movies of my childhood as he did Power Rangers. So, since I manipulated his interests a little in this area, I thought I'd better collect a few Kingdoms sets, too. If I can find them...

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:32 pm

If anybody is still looking for Kingdoms sets, you should try B&N online. They still have a good chunk of the line still in stock (no King's Castle, though). Prices are US MSRP, which is still a deal for Canadians even after shipping (Americans get free shipping)!

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks - I did pick up an Outpost Attack from B&N. Most of the other sets I wanted I've been able to find locally - except for King's Castle. I think I'm about to give up on that one. Just a couple weeks too late...

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 pm

If you can find it you and like the theme Its a neat set, the usual castle set design with some modular walls. Easy to expand on but looks good on its own,comes with a half decent amount of soldiers for both sides, and the unique horse barding(I love the horse bardings, makes the Knights look really cool)

Having said that it is pretty pricey, if you are just looking for soldiers get them on bricklink for much cheaper.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:26 pm

I did manage to find one at MSRP, and my son's birthday is only a few weeks away. Looking forward to putting it together with him!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 am

Well I'm going to miss Kingdoms. I don't like using flesh colored heads (because they look weird with EVERY OTHER MINIFIGURE) and all I'm going to have for castle is LOTR figures. Grrrrr....
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?