Vancouver LEGO Store! Finally.

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Legobrandon
Count
Count

Vancouver LEGO Store! Finally.

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Looks like Canada is about to get their fourth LEGO store, this time in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The 'Jobs at LEGO' website has just posted a vacancy for the job of 'Store Manager' in Vancouver, which is usual for the first official announcement of a new store.

You can read all the details of the job at the link below ...

http://jobsatlego.com/ca/vancouver/reta ... ouver-jobs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you think you meet the requirements, and decide to apply, then good luck, and let us know how you get on!

*UPDATE* this store will be located in Oakridge mall.
Last edited by Legobrandon on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Vancouver LEGO Store! Finally.

Post by unclephn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 pm

Congratulations! lol All kidding aside, that's awesome that you west coasters will finally have a store out there. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

vancouvertim
I'm New !

Post by vancouvertim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Excellent, this just made my day! The drive to Seattle isn't bad, but what with the border and the cost of driving down, it often negates the savings. So Metrotown, Pacific Mall, Oakridge Centre? I wonder where?

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 pm

CONGRATS ALL! I know that you all were bummed about the last Toronto store. Yay for you.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

I've waited for this forever! Finally, its coming to Vancouver. Would even be better if they can sell us LEGO at US prices! :-D

Seriously, they need to fix up the prices in Canada...
vancouvertim wrote:Excellent, this just made my day! The drive to Seattle isn't bad, but what with the border and the cost of driving down, it often negates the savings. So Metrotown, Pacific Mall, Oakridge Centre? I wonder where?
When they announced the Toronto stores, both stores were in the City of Toronto. So since it did say Vancouver, I would assume it will be in the City of Vancouver. Either Oakridege, Pacific Mall or any of the other Downtown Malls.

If it was Metrotown, then it would be awesome since its in the mid point for everyone.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Ice wrote:When they announced the Toronto stores, both stores were in the City of Toronto. So since it did say Vancouver, I would assume it will be in the City of Vancouver. Either Oakridege, Pacific Mall or any of the other Downtown Malls.
:-|

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 pm

I like this part in the ad "We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees." Thats going to exclude a lot of people in Vancouver :lol:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:58 am

It is official, this LEGO Store will be located at Oakridge mall. I am very happy that this store is not in going to be in downtown Vancouver. I will be at Oakridge more often in 2012. Here is the advertisement LEGO posted on Craigslist: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/r ... 81413.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Legobrandon wrote:It is official, this LEGO Store will be located at Oakridge mall. I am very happy that this store is not in going to be in downtown Vancouver. I will be at Oakridge more often in 2012. Here is the advertisement LEGO posted on Craigslist: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/r ... 81413.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not suprised now considering Zellers is the only other LEGO retailer there. Oakridge is a high class mall and considering LEGO is an expensive toy, LEGO really did its homework. I'm glad its not downtown as parking will be a pain!

kennymatic
I'm New !

Post by kennymatic » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

This store will be the end of me. At least with the Bellevue store there was forced control by sheer distance.

legodeal
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legodeal » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:07 pm

confirmed from oakridge centre web site too

opening spring 2012

http://www.oakridgecentre.com/store/lego" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:44 am

Ice wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:It is official, this LEGO Store will be located at Oakridge mall. I am very happy that this store is not in going to be in downtown Vancouver. I will be at Oakridge more often in 2012. Here is the advertisement LEGO posted on Craigslist: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/r ... 81413.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not suprised now considering Zellers is the only other LEGO retailer there. Oakridge is a high class mall and considering LEGO is an expensive toy, LEGO really did its homework. I'm glad its not downtown as parking will be a pain!
Yes, downtown parking is expensive, but I have to drive 15 more minutes. In fact, Metrotown is also a good location for LEGO shop.

BTW, is Canada line reaching Oakridge mall, isn't it.

telorc
I'm New !

Post by telorc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:08 am

The skytrain stop is really close to it. Im really excited about this lego store, but man this location will be insane on any clearance days.

Does anyone know if the lego stores sell polybags and the "limited edition" figures in the bags?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 am

legohunter wrote: BTW, is Canada line reaching Oakridge mall, isn't it.
There's a subway stop there. I agree and can see Metrotown the location for the next LEGO store (if there are even any plans for it).
telorc wrote:The skytrain stop is really close to it. Im really excited about this lego store, but man this location will be insane on any clearance days.

Does anyone know if the lego stores sell polybags and the "limited edition" figures in the bags?
I believe so for certain polybags like the Christmas ones. Not too sure about the limited edition figures. But you'll see some keychains for sure.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 am

Ice wrote:
telorc wrote:The skytrain stop is really close to it. Im really excited about this lego store, but man this location will be insane on any clearance days.

I believe so for certain polybags like the Christmas ones. Not too sure about the limited edition figures. But you'll see some keychains for sure.
How about new superheroes polybags? Would the store carry it?

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 pm

I really hope you guys get a larger store than the one down here in Washington. If so I might have to come check it out :-)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:30 pm

peanut wrote:I really hope you guys get a larger store than the one down here in Washington. If so I might have to come check it out :-)
I don't think it is worth the drive, unless you really want to visit Vancouver. The sets and PAB is much more expensive here.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:50 pm

legohunter wrote:
Ice wrote:

How about new superheroes polybags? Would the store carry it?
They may or may not. Polybags really depends. Some of the polybags overlaps with other retailers while some are exclusive only to a store. 30062 Target Pratice was available at Target and briefly available at LEGO Stores. The mini Republic Attack Shuttle and X-Wing were never available from LEGO. Only Toys R Us and London Drugs carried it.
peanut wrote:I really hope you guys get a larger store than the one down here in Washington. If so I might have to come check it out :-)
Agreed. The store in Seeatle is tiny and crowded, but I would recommend going to the Washington Square store instead. No tax and save your time from border crossing. Also, as Legobrandon mentioned, prices in Canada are significantly higher than US. Even the tax here is heavier!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:30 pm

I'm at Oakridge right now and I don't see any vacant spots in the mall. The website states the store will be located in the Weat Galleria, so my guess is the store will take over 'Calendar Club' near The Bay and the Apple store.

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lerico » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:07 pm

According to Oakridge Centre on the Metro newspaper today, the Vancouver LEGO store is scheduled to open on April 15th. Around 3 more months to go! I hope they can open earlier than that though.

http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/local ... dge-centre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;