Placing Buildings at an Angle on a Baseplate?

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Placing Buildings at an Angle on a Baseplate?

Post by lerico » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 am

Hi. Is there any publicized technique for placing a building at an angle on a baseplate?

I am asking because I am creating a castle scene and I do not want to have everything fixed at an 90 degree angle, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Placing Buildings at an Angle on a Baseplate?

Post by vynsane » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 am

Your best bet would be to put a layer of tiles on top of the baseplate and then strategically place 1x2 jumper plates (1x2 w/1 stud in the middle) or 1x1 plates amongst them in order to situate your buildings at angles other than the standard 90 or 45 degree intervals afforded to us by standard LEGO geometry. I've created a screenshot of one such scenario in LDD:
angled_plate.jpg
The 1x1 round plates are added to show a bit more detail, the 1x4 plate could easily just be connected to the jumpers themselves. Now imagine those jumper plates repeated, with tiles in between, and a longer 1x plate connected along all of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Placing Buildings at an Angle on a Baseplate?

Post by lerico » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks! I will definitely try that tonight.