[MOC] Chinese New Year

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

[MOC] Chinese New Year

Post by Mantisking » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm

A little something I made for CNY.

Dragon, side by Mantis.King, on Flickr.

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [MOC] Chinese New Year

Post by lerico » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Very cool! If you can get some mini figs holding the poles underneath the dragon, that would be awesome!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:34 pm

lerico wrote:Very cool! If you can get some mini figs holding the poles underneath the dragon, that would be awesome!
That's what I want to do. I was at the Lego store yesterday looking for all black minifigs at the BaM station. Unfortunately they didn't have the right parts I needed. I also don't feel like dropping $40 for minifigs at the moment.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:40 pm

It will be better if the dragon in red and orange color. In chinese culture, no dragon in white and blue for celebrating new year. In fact, the combination of white and blue color means an unhappy event for Chinese. ;-)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:02 pm

legohunter wrote:It will be better if the dragon in red and orange color. In chinese culture, no dragon in white and blue for celebrating new year. In fact, the combination of white and blue color means an unhappy event for Chinese. ;-)
I know white is the color of death. :what?: I'd need to buy a new dragon head from Bricklink to start another dragon.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Mantisking wrote:
legohunter wrote:It will be better if the dragon in red and orange color. In chinese culture, no dragon in white and blue for celebrating new year. In fact, the combination of white and blue color means an unhappy event for Chinese. ;-)
I know white is the color of death. :what?: I'd need to buy a new dragon head from Bricklink to start another dragon.
You could get one from ninjago fire temple :mrgreen: .