2012 LEGO Monster Fighters (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 2012 LEGO Monster Fighters (Summer)

Post by legolebowski » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 am

http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/12/lego-toy ... -fighters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some great photos here. Also lists CDN prices.

(God, I hate that our dollar is the same as Americans these days but we gotta pay so much extra. $3 extra in the case of the swamp figure. that's just ridiculous.)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 am

Looks like the Swamp Creature ($0.10/piece) and the Werewolf ($0.08/piece) are the only sets at or below the "golden ratio" ($0.10/piece).

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 am

Mantisking wrote:Looks like the Swamp Creature ($0.10/piece) and the Werewolf ($0.08/piece) are the only sets at or below the "golden ratio" ($0.10/piece).
That's awesome, since the Swamp Creature was one of the figs I was wishing for in the CMF brainstorming thread! I really like his 'helmet' piece, as opposed to a sculpted head. I'm still on the fence about the oversized werewolf head, but I'm thinking (or hoping) it's because he's got a human head under there!

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

Maybe I am the only one-but I was hoping there would be a time when Lego made slotted heads. The indentations wouldn't have to be very big. The slots from the helmet would fit into the grooves in the head and they would turn together. The grooves could be covered up by printed hair or something. Maybe in the future, but I'm tired of having to pull off the mask to turn the face to put the mask back on again...

My rant, I apologize.
Jared

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

unclephn wrote:
Mantisking wrote:Looks like the Swamp Creature ($0.10/piece) and the Werewolf ($0.08/piece) are the only sets at or below the "golden ratio" ($0.10/piece).
That's awesome, since the Swamp Creature was one of the figs I was wishing for in the CMF brainstorming thread! I really like his 'helmet' piece, as opposed to a sculpted head. I'm still on the fence about the oversized werewolf head, but I'm thinking (or hoping) it's because he's got a human head under there!
Yeah i'm opposite on this one. They did a Monster theme before. I think it was a Studios theme and they had this oversized wolf head for the wolf figure. When they did the regular head for the CMF i was bummed. I do agree though.. love the swamp creature! I'm just unsure if i want to spend the money on another castle :( With Lord of the Rings coming out too... mo money mo money!

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:39 pm

The Haunted House that was leaked in the Town Hall video looks really interesting!

(pic from FBTB)

I know some people think it is a new modular, but it kinda seems more like a LEGO shop/store exclusive along the lines of MMV or Kingdoms Joust...

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Unless it's a corner building it doesn't look like it's in keeping with the Modulars. I feel like it could be a new Holiday them à la Winter Village, but for Halloween instead. That said, it looks a lot larger than the WV sets, so I guess only time will tell.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cstojano » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Looks like two ghosts in sheets hanging out outside the house. I really like this so far.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:36 am

Brickset is saying it is probably set 10228.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:17 pm

It is looking good even though the pic is blur, and it won't be bad if keeping it next to modular house. I may turn the fire brigade into ghostbuster headquarter for this haunted house :lol: .

I hope this house won't be too pricey.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 pm

legohunter wrote:I may turn the fire brigade into ghostbuster headquarter for this haunted house :lol: .
That is genius!

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I got confirmation from a LEGO store employee that this haunted house is connected to the Monster Fighters theme, much like the Joust and Medieval Market. I really can't wait for it and all of these sets plus the rumored zombie set.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:03 am

I wouldn't put too much stock in the information you get from LEGO Store employees - they aren't really privy to as much insider information as you'd expect. That said, I think it makes much more sense as an addition to the Monster Fighters theme than it does as a Modular Building.

I'm still holding out hope that it's the beginning of a new Halloween-themed series in the fashion of Winter Village. I'd love to have Halloween Town (like The Nightmare Before Christmas).

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:12 am

vynsane wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock in the information you get from LEGO Store employees - they aren't really privy to as much insider information as you'd expect. That said, I think it makes much more sense as an addition to the Monster Fighters theme than it does as a Modular Building.

I'm still holding out hope that it's the beginning of a new Halloween-themed series in the fashion of Winter Village. I'd love to have Halloween Town (like The Nightmare Before Christmas).
I agree that I wouldn't trust most store employees, but this one I do. :-D

However, I agree that it would be cool to have a regular Halloween-themed series like the Winter Village sets. That would be a lot of fun!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

The Werewolf set has 90 pieces for $12, that's more than 13 cents a piece.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:The Werewolf set has 90 pieces for $12, that's more than 13 cents a piece.
The picture of the box lists 243 pieces @ $19.99 for the Werewolf set. The caption underneath is wrong.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 am

vynsane wrote:Unless it's a corner building it doesn't look like it's in keeping with the Modulars. I feel like it could be a new Holiday them à la Winter Village, but for Halloween instead. That said, it looks a lot larger than the WV sets, so I guess only time will tell.
Weird when I mentioned in this forum last year how I would love if they would do that.

medib
I'm New !

Post by medib » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:12 am

I think the haunted house is beautiful as a stand alone model, though it might make a good addition to any town...

:evil:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 pm

did you notice the mad scientists(crazy professor) face*, he looks like a borg?

*in the jack mchammer book
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!