[CANADA] ToysRus - 20% 0ff Sales [March 30 to April 9]

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[CANADA] ToysRus - 20% 0ff Sales [March 30 to April 9]

Post by harry99 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:19 am

The ToysRUs Canada sales actually don't look bad for the next couple of weeks.

Here's what will be on sale:

20% off Lego Star Wars when you spend $50 (which is the easiest restriction to fulfill)
20% off all Lego Creator, City, Cars, Harry Potter, Basics and Pirates of the Caribbean
25% off all Lego Games

I don't think they have any modulars right now... maybe they will get some in?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [CANADA] ToysRus - 20% 0ff Sales [March 30 to April 9]

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:41 am

Not bad. And they haven't had LEGO exclusives for a while. Oh an remember on Saturday 31 you can build a free LEGO rabbit from 11am-2pm.
Last edited by Legobrandon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 am

Time to get another Death Star I suppose... although the 20% off just brings it in-line with the US prices...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:54 am

harry99 wrote:Time to get another Death Star I suppose... although the 20% off just brings it in-line with the US prices...
Agree, hardly a deal since it still cost around $450 with tax and all.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 am

Might have to head to the US for a good deal - now that we can bring back $800 per person to Canada after a 48 hour stay...

twinkie
I'm New !

Post by twinkie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:25 am

LEGO Star Wars - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (10215) has been discontinued from Lego.com. It's still available in Toys R Us Canada with 20%off.

$89.99 x 20% off = $71.99

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 am

Must say I was extremely upset with the free Lego build thing they were doing today. Obviously it might have gone better at other TRU''s, but it was close to an epic fail at mine.

Get there early because I have to pick my daughter up at 11:30. There are already about 15 families in line. At every one of these events they've had in the past they've pre-bagged all the parts you need and just hand them out to you as you get there, so you can either build it there or leave. Well, this time they have all the parts in boxes. Each box has a number on it telling you how many you need to get to make the model. So, 11 rolls around and they they start giving each of the kids in line a bag to collect their parts. Great I think, I can get the parts and get out of here in time to get my daughter. Well, that's where the problem started. Behind the parts, they have a table set up with the instruction sheets on it. With about 6 kids in front of me, they stop letting people take parts. Turns out, they want you to build it on this table, and the table, which is pretty small, is full up. There are now about 100 people in line behind me, so I know that if I leave to get my daughter, there will be none left before I get back. I ask if I can just take the parts I need and leave. Nope, they want you build it there. Well, I had to leave to get my daughter and had to bail. We left with nothing.

I was pretty pissed off, and my son was majorly upset.

I've been to about a dozen of these things at this store over the years and they are always well attended. What moron decided to allocate a table that could only handle maybe 12 kids and parents at a time and then tell the other 100 people to just chill out and wait for them to finish building? And what's the point of making you build it there? You are still letting the kids take the lego home so what does it matter if it leaves in a baggy or assembled? And another thing, they set up so close to the entrance, that by the time I gave up in frustration and left, the line was backed right up to the door. Not really easy to get in.

I am seriously considering writing a letter of complaint to the manager, but I know it would just get tossed in the trash.

Morons, all of them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 pm

^what can I say... That seems very familiar for the Barrie store. They have a tendency ro pretty much mess everything up. Half the time their sales don't work or staff don't know or don't want ro give you the promos that are in the flyer. When you complain it is usually not much use as the store handles the complaints. And corporate never knows about it...

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Just came back and my store held this event very similar to Hatcher's local TRU. I was in line for 30+ mins and even arrived 15 mins prior to the event start time. For the last building event, the TRU employees pre-sorted out the parts into baggies and just handed them out to the kids. But this time around, they just put the parts in a few bins and let the kids pick out the parts. They only allowed 2-3 kids at once to be at the parts table and the building station. That explains why the line was moving so slowly. I guess the good thing about my store was that they let the children take the parts home and build it wherever they want and not limiting them to the cramped table. And this was also set up near the entrance and the line moved out all the way to the mall's "auditorium". No place to enter, no place to exit.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:51 pm

harry99 wrote:Might have to head to the US for a good deal - now that we can bring back $800 per person to Canada after a 48 hour stay...
isn't the spending limits 48-hour = $400, 7 day = $750

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:21 pm

ricefields wrote:
harry99 wrote:Might have to head to the US for a good deal - now that we can bring back $800 per person to Canada after a 48 hour stay...
Changes were made as a part of the new federal budget which would take effect in June.

24-48 hours = $200
48+ hours = $800

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 pm

striderhiryu wrote:
ricefields wrote:
Changes were made as a part of the new federal budget which would take effect in June.

24-48 hours = $200
48+ hours = $800
+No more pennies. :up: or :down: ? What are your opinions on the decision?

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:59 pm

It's nice but pretty much doesn't mean anything for me. When I go down its either for less than 24 hours or over a week.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:57 am

hatcher wrote: I was pretty pissed off, and my son was majorly upset.

I've been to about a dozen of these things at this store over the years and they are always well attended. What moron decided to allocate a table that could only handle maybe 12 kids and parents at a time and then tell the other 100 people to just chill out and wait for them to finish building? And what's the point of making you build it there? You are still letting the kids take the lego home so what does it matter if it leaves in a baggy or assembled? And another thing, they set up so close to the entrance, that by the time I gave up in frustration and left, the line was backed right up to the door. Not really easy to get in.
Sorry to hear about your story. I could imagine how frustrated and upset you were. If you still want a copy of building instruction, please PM me.

Both two TRUs express at my town were always quiet, so I've never seen chaos for these events so far.

In fact, there were many morons store managers who are stubborn and not flexible in this world.

Theoretically, from this event, the store/TLG tried to take this opportunity for promoting LEGO and educating kids playing with lego. They hoped the kids learned how to pick the right number of bricks and how to build the bunny according to the instruction sheet. However, the store manager/representatives should make change to the original plan based on the situation. If huge line-up happened, it was a nightmare for the family to wait while kids were takng time to build the bunny. They should definitely offer the option for customers to just take the parts home. Different store manager/representatives had different management style for this event. One of my local TRUs express allowed me to grap the bag home, but one of it forced my son to stay and finish the build in the store.

So, I hope you have better luck in next time.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 pm

striderhiryu wrote:
ricefields wrote:

24-48 hours = $200
48+ hours = $800
OK thanks, that's why the website still has the current limits. It won't be in effect until June!