LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Details for the LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations for the following four stores are now available at stores.lego.com! During the weekend celebration, you can also help a LEGO Master Builder construct an 8 foot tall model of either a Spongebob, Buzz Lightyear or R2-D2 depending on your store. Participants will receive a free Certificate of Achievement.

LEGO Store Grand-Openings

April 27-29: Opry Mills Nashville, TN
April 27-29: Eastview Victor, NY
May 4-6: Oakridge Centre Vancouver, BC
May 11-13: Mayfair Wauwatosa, WI

LEGO Store Grand Opening Promotions

Friday: Free LEGO Minifigure T-Shirt with a $35 purchase!
Saturday: Free Limited-Edition LEGO Store Set with a $35 purchase!
Sunday: Free Exclusive Minfigure Set with a $35 purchase!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-store-grand ... -ny-bc-wi/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Loving the t-shirt from the Vancouver store. I think it fits well with Vancouver or BC in general. The minifigure set is not that exciting though. So I'll probably get 1 of each free item with the exception of the Mini LEGO Store model. Going to get 2 of that since it is so cool.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 pm

I am going to go saturday and try to get a Lego Store Set. I'm going to try and get there a couple hours early since i've never been to a grand opening before and i don't know what the lines will be like.

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 am

jal4u2c wrote:I am going to go saturday and try to get a Lego Store Set. I'm going to try and get there a couple hours early since i've never been to a grand opening before and i don't know what the lines will be like.
This isn't an iPad release. There won't be lines. I'd just show up when the mall opens and get some rest.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 am

^^Really? The two store openings I have been to have been 10x worse than an ipad launch. The whole mall at the indy store seemed to be taken over by the line. I got to the indy store about 1 hour before open and had to be 150-200 people deep in line. I do not want to scare everybody into getting there hours early...but I would clearly disagree with the "no lines" comment above.

VampireLowell
I'm New !

Post by VampireLowell » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 am

Quick question: is it possible to still buy the Lego Store set on Friday or Sunday of the grand opening?

I just realized I planned an event on May 12 that will take me in the opposite direction of the Wauwatosa Mall.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 am

Friday is probably out of the question. Getting it Sunday probably depends largely on whether they have any left after Saturday.

salty tbone
I'm New !

Post by salty tbone » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:28 am

mah4546 wrote:
jal4u2c wrote:I am going to go saturday and try to get a Lego Store Set. I'm going to try and get there a couple hours early since i've never been to a grand opening before and i don't know what the lines will be like.
This isn't an iPad release. There won't be lines. I'd just show up when the mall opens and get some rest.
You've never been to a Lego store grand opening, have you?

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:37 am

Well this is good info to know. My son and I are going to be in Nashville for the opening, so it's good to know that we need to get there a couple hours early.

medib
I'm New !

Post by medib » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 am

I didnt go to the store opening at the Sherway gardens to get anything... (kicks myself). Though I did
get to "help build" R2D2.

I DID go to the store opening at the Fairview Mall (Toronto) store opening to get the
minifig set, and the lines were CRAZY. We got to the mall 30 minutes after the mall open, and
were BARELY able to get the minifig set they were giving away. They were building Yoda.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 am

mah4546 wrote:This isn't an iPad release. There won't be lines. I'd just show up when the mall opens and get some rest.
It really depends on the location. The Rockefeller Center store opening was insane. The entire promenade was filled with people lined up to help build the apple and/or enter the store. The Roosevelt Field Long Island store opening was less crowded, but still ended up with a great turn-out. I felt silly waiting second in line for about an hour and a half before #3 showed up, but then the line quickly grew from there. By the time the doors opened, I had made my purchases, and left, the line went past the block of stores (to the right, if you were looking at the entrance from outside) and around the corner past a few more stores.

So, it varies. To say "there won't be lines" is a gross overgeneralization.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 am

I'm going to be taking my 4 years old son on the 28th to the Victor N.Y. opening. I hoping that the lines aren't going to be bad, because it happens to be the same day as his b-day and we have a 2.5 hour drive back home for his party.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 am

I think I may go to the store on Saturday at 9:30pm. Hopefully, I can still get the store set. :)

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

The Milwaukee store reads May 1-13 and should be May 11-13.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:26 pm

The Milwaukee/Wauwatosa Mayfair Mall store had their soft opening today. That's probably a good thing because I think the staff need a few weeks to learn the ropes now that they are done stocking the store and getting it set up. Overall they were very friendly, but I knew more about LEGO store events and LEGO Customer Service than they did. Since it's their first day I'll cut them some slack.

Having only been to the Mall of America store, I was shocked with how small the store is. The pick-a-brick wall was also lacking, mostly 2x4 in various colors. The build-a-minifig section had parts for the surfer, figure skater, mad scientist, musketeer... but not their accessories (only cups, walkie-talkies, axes, binoculars, handcuffs...).

I had a fun night, and I'll definitely being going back often (at least until they open a store in Appleton).

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:49 am

meyerc13 wrote: Having only been to the Mall of America store, I was shocked with how small the store is.
I always thought the stores would be the size like the ones they show in the picture. But most of the stores I've been to are only half the size of this. :(

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:59 am

Ice wrote:
meyerc13 wrote: Having only been to the Mall of America store, I was shocked with how small the store is.
I always thought the stores would be the size like the ones they show in the picture. But most of the stores I've been to are only half the size of this. :(

Couldn't agree more.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I agree, the Mayfair store was smaller than I expected, but they use the space well. I think it's similar in size to the store North of Chicago. The Schaumburg store is similar to the photos Ice posted.

Still, they use the space very well. It did not feel crowded at all. In the Schaumburg store I felt like there was no space to move at all.

We went over to the Mayfair store earlier today, and I wrote a review of our visit. I'm looking forward to many more visits. At least until we get one locally :fingers crossed:

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:55 am

Can anyone tell me where the Lego store is located in Nashville, TN? Bass Pro end, Cinema end, middle, etc. Opry Mills is a huge place. Just wanting to be prepared when I get in town tonight. I believe it is suite 416 but it isn't listed on the map I found online.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 am

Good luck to those of you going to Nashville or NY this weekend. May the short-line gods be with you!

Please report back and let us know how it was!