LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 pm

We got to look around some tonight in Nashville. Noticed that they had the fire brigade. They didn't have the medieval market or the funhouse :-(. The workers there were quite clueless about how things were going to go tomorrow. Guess we'll see.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Anyone visit the Victor N.Y. store today?

maesterjay
Peasant
Peasant

Post by maesterjay » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:03 am

Yep im goin to victor this morning

ajaxmt10
I'm New !

Post by ajaxmt10 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 am

Just got back from Victor. Crazy amount of people!

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 am

Just got back from nashville opening. Go there early. Glad i did! We were the first in line and by opening there was one heck of a line! Met some other Lego collectors that came all the way from Indianapolis directly from work last night and got there this morning. Talk about dedication! No Medieval Market sets but they did have just about everything else. In mods, they had the Pet Store, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and Town Hall. None of the summer sets yet though. They had enough of the Lego Lego Store sets for the first 200 people. We were in and out pretty quick because there was a ton of people in there waiting to check out. Got my new VIP card so i'm ready for next weeks promo! All in all i had a very good time!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 am

jal4u2c wrote:Just got back from nashville opening. Go there early. Glad i did! We were the first in line and by opening there was one heck of a line! Met some other Lego collectors that came all the way from Indianapolis directly from work last night and got there this morning. Talk about dedication! No Medieval Market sets but they did have just about everything else. In mods, they had the Pet Store, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and Town Hall. None of the summer sets yet though. They had enough of the Lego Lego Store sets for the first 200 people. We were in and out pretty quick because there was a ton of people in there waiting to check out. Got my new VIP card so i'm ready for next weeks promo! All in all i had a very good time!
Wow, sound like you had fun! One question, was the LEGO Store Set boxed or packaged in a Ziploc bag?

ajaxmt10
I'm New !

Post by ajaxmt10 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 am

It's in a box.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 am

ajaxmt10 wrote:It's in a box.
:up: Yes!

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Yup, in a box! 280 Pieces. Its actually nicer than i thought it would be!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:14 pm

jal4u2c wrote:Yup, in a box! 280 Pieces. Its actually nicer than i thought it would be!
Could you please take a photo of the set and box itself? I saw the official images, but would like see some 'physical' photographs of this set. :razz:

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw some images of the box on eBay. Already selling this set for $99.99. :crazy:

EDIT 2: First listing already ended and sold at $88. :eh:

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 pm

The Victor N.Y. store was crazy today. We got there at 10:40am and finally got into the store at 12pm. We got two of the Lego store sets (not for sale). I got the town hall and a Batman key-chain for $120 using my Lego Vip points and my son picked out a bunch of $10-$20 sets. I was informed by the bouncer (lady in her 20's) that they had received 500 of the Lego store sets, but they were limited one per household and then later while checking out, a cashier said that if there was extras they would be for sale, but not today. PaB was blah, but mini-fig building station contained parts of collector ice skater, surfer girl, sailor, and mad scientist. They had all Modular sets, but they only had the most expensive Avengers set (Qui-jet maybe). My son states that he had an "Awesome Birthday". Feel free with questions and pictures to follow later. I have to go find some frames for our Lego achievement awards now. This is evo8hks reporting and remember "Keep it classy Santiago".
Last edited by evo8hks on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reports all!
jal4u2c wrote:Just got back from nashville opening. Go there early. Glad i did! We were the first in line and by opening there was one heck of a line! Met some other Lego collectors that came all the way from Indianapolis directly from work last night and got there this morning. Talk about dedication! No Medieval Market sets but they did have just about everything else. In mods, they had the Pet Store, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and Town Hall. None of the summer sets yet though. They had enough of the Lego Lego Store sets for the first 200 people. We were in and out pretty quick because there was a ton of people in there waiting to check out. Got my new VIP card so i'm ready for next weeks promo! All in all i had a very good time!
How many hours were you there before opening to be first in line?

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:14 pm

I just noticed on my receipt that the "Lego Store" set price is $14.99 before promo.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Victor N.Y. Lego Store opening pics
Gavin's 4th B-day by evo8hks, on Flickr

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:14 pm

evo8hks wrote:Victor N.Y. Lego Store opening pics
Would love to have that monochrome fig. :eek: :up: That's the VIP dude, I think named Leo, right?

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Well they let you in the mall area at 8 am so thats when we got there. Stores opened at 10. So we sat in the chair and bench area right in front of the store when the others started showing up. We all sat there chatting until about 9:20 and then formed a line. The line then grew exponentially for the next half hour. From the pics above at the NY opening, i can say that our store is a bit larger not only in how far back it goes but also in width. Judging by the giant lego brick that is the lights on the ceiling, our store is about three times as wide. We had a full 6-light brick on the ceiling. LOL Then there was about 12 feet to the wall from each side of the ceiling brick. Ours is about twice as deep as well. But let me say that it was very FULL! The lines went from the register all the way back to the doors then curved back up the side walls. You couldn't hardly move. So we just got what we came for and went our merry way. I'll be back next saturday for the TC-14 promo so hopefully it won't be as crowded.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 pm

So 200 of the sets at one store, and 500 at another? I thought I had heard that it would be at least 300 per store, but maybe I imagined that. I'm planning to drive down for the Milwaukee opening in 2 weeks, and will be in line very early because I don't want to miss this set.

It's crazy though, because I probably have all of the pieces to build it myself right now... but I just can't pass up the chance to get free LEGO.

Monkey Shuttle
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Monkey Shuttle » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 am

The manager or Master Builder (can't remember which one) at the Nashville store said there were 300. However, after checking out and getting the Lego Store right after the store opened, putting my stuff in my car, and then shopping around for a couple hours, I went back in to actually do some browsing. I ended up buying some more stuff, and when I went through checkout again, they still had more Lego Stores to give away. They even had their staff standing out front promoting the release with the actual box in hand.

So I ended up with 2, which was a nice, unexpected bonus.

Getting to the store early will be more of a matter of convenience in not having to stand in line in a crowded store than ensuring you get the Lego Store. Either way, you're going to be waiting for an hour or more. Chairs + quiet > standing + crowded.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:42 am

I was there too... and just a little behind you I think. My wife and I were around the 15th-16th people in line I believe. It was a good time for sure and we got there just in time (about 9:00).... the line got HUGE behind us very quickly. I told my wife that the line would be huge but she didn't believe me. She was stunned to see just how many people showed up.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:43 am

My son and I were there also. We were probably 8th in line or there abouts. Got there at 8:30 and there were just a few people sitting in chairs outside the store. We left and went to get some breakfast. Came back at 9 and there were just a handful at the door. So we got in the mix and it wasn't long before an actual line formed. Had a good time and got to talk to a few people. We arrived in town the night before, so we got to do our "browsing" then. Saturday morning was definitely not the time to browse! I grabbed the Pet Shop and my son grabbed the helicarrier and we immediately got in line. We were around the first few to check out and get out of there, LOL. Then we went down and got ourselves a nice yellow block for sponge bob.

Maybe some of us had some conversation and didn't even know it, LOL.