[CAN] Collectible Minifigures spotted at Walmart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

[CAN] Collectible Minifigures spotted at Walmart

Post by hatcher » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Found two boxes of Series 7 today at a Walmart in Barrie, Ontario. Still $3.28. Funny thing is that they sttill have a bunch of Series 6 hanging on pegs.

Happy Hunting!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [CAN] Collectible Minifigures spotted at Walmart

Post by autobrick » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Finally! Been itching to get my mitts on those space marines!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Hooray! Do you have the Walmart receipt number? I want to give them a call before I head out.

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Vancouver WM didn't have any today. Seems like the grandview location(and or POCO) is the worst for lego, I've never seen a single set on clearance or marked down aside from the rollbacks.

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 am

I think the number is as follows:

4648578 067341916298

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 am

Both Burlington walmarts had several boxes out as of last night.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Tiberius2011
I'm New !

Post by Tiberius2011 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Whitby North Wal-Mart 8 boxes tonight open - all have been checked but still pretty good qty left

Also at Pickering Town Centre Mastermind had some on pegs plus had some Avenger kits

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Where else can these be found? I'm used to living in Edmonton, where the local Toys 'R' Us always gets dozens of boxes. They open several boxes for the shelves, dump hundreds into bins, and I always walk out with my complete set in under an hour.

I'm in Red Deer now, though, and I'm having trouble finding these. Toys 'R' Us hasn't seen any, and they admitted to me that they usually only receive one or two boxes, with no replenishment later on. I saw a few at Wal-Mart, but we're talking about six hanging from pegs. Besides Chapters (which seems to have only Series 6 still), what other Canadian retailers carry minifigs?

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Fri May 11, 2012 5:45 am

I've only ever seen them sold at the three places you've mentioned, TRU, Walmart and Chapters. Obviously the Lego stores have them too, but the closest one to you would probably be Calgary.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 am

QuagsireQing wrote:Where else can these be found? I'm used to living in Edmonton, where the local Toys 'R' Us always gets dozens of boxes. They open several boxes for the shelves, dump hundreds into bins, and I always walk out with my complete set in under an hour.

I'm in Red Deer now, though, and I'm having trouble finding these. Toys 'R' Us hasn't seen any, and they admitted to me that they usually only receive one or two boxes, with no replenishment later on. I saw a few at Wal-Mart, but we're talking about six hanging from pegs. Besides Chapters (which seems to have only Series 6 still), what other Canadian retailers carry minifigs?
if you are still looking for some, i have previosly found them at the wal mart in okatoks, and at cross iron mills toysrus, but that is getting farther away from red deer. in red deer i have found them at toys r us, once, and at wal mart a few times. if you are up to the journey to calgary the lego store has them, and so does many of the walmarts.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks. I do travel to Calgary every so often, but am doubtful of the LEGO store's tolerance of bag-feeling. That place is small and always so busy, I can't see them allowing me to pick my way through a box to find my 16. Any success stories of minifig hunting there? Maybe they'd be more open to my just buying a full box, and returning the ones I don't need later? I don't want to step on their toes...

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri May 11, 2012 10:17 am

QuagsireQing wrote:Thanks. I do travel to Calgary every so often, but am doubtful of the LEGO store's tolerance of bag-feeling. That place is small and always so busy, I can't see them allowing me to pick my way through a box to find my 16. Any success stories of minifig hunting there? Maybe they'd be more open to my just buying a full box, and returning the ones I don't need later? I don't want to step on their toes...
Actually, I'm pretty sure they don't mind it. I've seen employees themselves doing it to help parents/kids find specific minifigs they were looking for. I'm sure if you strike up some small chitchat with them prior to feeling the bags, they'll be a-ok with you going through them.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Airdrie Wal*Mart got 2 boxes in about 2 weeks ago but are now empty.

The LEGO store at Chinook has no issues with people feeling up bags. The store does not do box sales...but now you may purchase up to 32.

Discovery Hut (in Chinook) also has them...in fact they have series 3-7 now. And they do box sales.

Crossiron Mills TRU is still on Series 6.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [CAN] Collectible Minifigures spotted at Chapters

Post by Legobrandon » Sun May 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Plenty of packs at my local store (2 boxes). You can check your store's stock here: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/toys/Seri ... kwsec=Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still need 5 more to complete my collection but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $3.50 a piece. They also had 16 Series 6 left over.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:55 am

winbrant wrote:Airdrie Wal*Mart got 2 boxes in about 2 weeks ago but are now empty.
They got 3 more boxes in