Qurstion about 101220

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Legghorn
I'm New !

Qurstion about 101220

Post by Legghorn » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm

I probably will buy the Volkswagon T1 Camper van 10220 but am wondering if will be able to build it. I am 82 but my mind is as sharp as it has ever been. It is such an awsome set and challanging. I wondering if I will long enough to construct it. :think:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: Qurstion about 101220

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Of course! LEGO is for all ages. But all you need is time and patience. It might take you a few days or it might take you a few hours. But you'll get it done if you put the time and effort into it. Good luck!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi, Legghorn, and welcome to TnB! I've not built the set in question but it does look superb.

I would say the only roadblock to constructing any LEGO set (aside from being able to follow the instructions) is dexterity and strength. I don't want to insult you by making presumptions, but if you suffer from arthritis or muscular weakness you might find it challenging to actually connect the pieces together. If this is the case, I would suggest perhaps buying a smaller set and seeing how much effort it takes to assemble it, then move up from there if it proves to be easy enough.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:29 pm

I've built the set and done a review. http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... 35&t=3920t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You can take a look to get an idea of what is involved with the build.

medib
I'm New !

Post by medib » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm

If you have built other sets from the instructions, you shouldn't have too many problems building the bus.

Pay attention to the instructions....try not to skip any steps... :razz:
I would suggest you did what we did when we were building it for my stepfather.... seperate the pieces
into bins as best you can BEFORE you start building the model
Take your time... most of the construction is fairly simple
some of the photos in the instructions, with certain parts are hard to tell which ones to use... ie black vs dark bley, etc.

When you finish the model it is definitely worth all the effort... playing with the roof and the doors....
very cool