[CAN] Zellers all LEGO 30% off Nov 30 - Dec 6

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [CAN] Zellers all LEGO 30% off Nov 30 - Dec 6

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 am

That is very lucky - the coupon states in bold letters that it's before taxes. But they probably really do not care anymore.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:20 am

I think it's all luck of the draw. The cashier I had spent 20 minutes reading the coupon over before she would put my purchase through.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 am

legohunter wrote:I think you had better luck than me by getting the Hulk's helicarrier Breakout. No super heroes set was found from two of my local Zellers. $35 plus tax was a very good deal
Well, I just went to another Zeller earlier to see if they have the Quin Jet, but all they have left are a couple of Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 6858, which, like the helicarrier set I already have so I passed. I did not want to go home empty handed, so I picked up 9497 Republic Striker Starfighter plus a small filler to make it over $40.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Went to Zellers a day too late. They started liquidation today so I was unable to use the coupon. :( But still picked up the Ambulance, Dirt Bike Transporter, and Tipper Truck. Couldn't find the garbage truck though. Would of have loved to save that extra $10, but oh well! It is probably the cheapest these vehicles will go.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:24 pm

^ Odd that they start their Liquidation right for the Christmas sales... I thought they would wait until December 26, 2012. But maybe they do want to catch the Christmas sales as part of their Liquidation strategy.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:26 pm

I also find it odd how they order a whole bunch of new/hot toys for Christmas only to put them on sale for liquidation.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:16 pm

I went to my Zellers today and unfortunately, most of the new sets were already gone. They did however have a few Monster Fighters The Mummy and one The Crazy Scientist and His Monster. Was planning to pick up a Desert Skiff and maybe some Superheroes sets. Should have went to Zellers on Friday. :(

Lots of old Star Wars stuff like Battle of Naboo, Sith Nightspeeder, Imperial V-Wing Starfighter, Droid Escape, Geonosian Cannon and Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator. In regards to City, they had lots of Ambulance, Mining Trucks and Dirt Bike Transporter.

Canonwars
I'm New !

Post by Canonwars » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Went to Zellers a day too late. They started liquidation today so I was unable to use the coupon. :( But still picked up the Ambulance, Dirt Bike Transporter, and Tipper Truck. Couldn't find the garbage truck though. Would of have loved to save that extra $10, but oh well! It is probably the cheapest these vehicles will go.
Which zellers location was this?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Canonwars wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:Went to Zellers a day too late. They started liquidation today so I was unable to use the coupon. :( But still picked up the Ambulance, Dirt Bike Transporter, and Tipper Truck. Couldn't find the garbage truck though. Would of have loved to save that extra $10, but oh well! It is probably the cheapest these vehicles will go.
Which zellers location was this?
Richmond, Lansdowne.

They had cases and case of Ambulances.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 pm

dulait wrote:
legohunter wrote:I think you had better luck than me by getting the Hulk's helicarrier Breakout. No super heroes set was found from two of my local Zellers. $35 plus tax was a very good deal
Well, I just went to another Zeller earlier to see if they have the Quin Jet, but all they have left are a couple of Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 6858, which, like the helicarrier set I already have so I passed. I did not want to go home empty handed, so I picked up 9497 Republic Striker Starfighter plus a small filler to make it over $40.
Is this the Vancouver Oakridge store? I would like to pick up a Catwoman Catcycle City Chase and a Desert Skiff. :)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Do any Zellers stores in the lower mainland carry Superman vs Power Armour Lex? That's a cool set I'd love to pick up on a discount. Also, if someone finds the Garbage truck at their Zellers, please let me know!

Legohunter, how many garbage trucks were left when you bought it yesterday? Were they like hidden somewhere?
Last edited by Legobrandon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canonwars
I'm New !

Post by Canonwars » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm

I was at the Oakridge store on Friday and saw they had one Power Armour Lex. Also saw some garbage trucks there. I picked up a star wars escape pod and some battle packs.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Do any Zellers stores in the lower mainland carry Superman vs Power Armour Lex? That's a cool set I'd love to pick up on a discount. Also, if someone finds the Garbage truck at their Zellers, please let me know! I might consider trading for it or something.

Legohunter, how many garbage trucks were left when you bought it yesterday? Were they like hidden somewhere?
No. They were not hidden. I think there were more than 8 garbage trucks. I try to pick up one for you.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm

No need Legohunter, thanks though! I live like 5 minutes away from Lansdowne but after searching high and low I still couldn't find it. Btw, you do know I'm talking about this set, right?

@Canonwars, do you know if the Oakridge Zellers has entered liquidation mode yet?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Legobrandon wrote:No need Legohunter, thanks though! I live like 5 minutes away from Lansdowne but after searching high and low I still couldn't find it.
I didn't pick up the trucks from Lansdowne. The trucks may be sold out before you were there. I saw the store carrying about 5 or more garbage trucks on Friday evening.
Legobrandon wrote: Btw, you do know I'm talking about this set, right?
Yes.
Last edited by legohunter on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Oops, I assumed you picked it up from Richmond since you posted about them having the truck in stock. Which store did you buy it from?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Oops, I assumed you picked it up from Richmond since you posted about them having the truck in stock. Which store did you buy it from?
Lynn Valley Center Mall.

Canonwars
I'm New !

Post by Canonwars » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Legobrandon wrote:@Canonwars, do you know if the Oakridge Zellers has entered liquidation mode yet?
It was not in liquidation mode yet when I was there on Friday. Hopefully, that's still the case.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Ice wrote: Lots of old Star Wars stuff like Battle of Naboo, Sith Nightspeeder, Imperial V-Wing Starfighter, Droid Escape, Geonosian Cannon and Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator. In regards to City, they had lots of Ambulance, Mining Trucks and Dirt Bike Transporter.
Your local Zeller were filling with similar stock as my local Zeller. Do you think they will get in new sets if these were gone? I am looking for 9492 TIE Fighter but not at 20% off.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Canonwars wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:@Canonwars, do you know if the Oakridge Zellers has entered liquidation mode yet?
It was not in liquidation mode yet when I was there on Friday. Hopefully, that's still the case.
They've just announced that the remaining Zellers (including North Van, Vancouver, Burnaby Brentwood) will liquidate on boxing day. So until that time, the stores are still running as usual with all the flyer deals. (pharmacy and frozen/dairy products are no longer available though)
legohunter wrote:
Ice wrote: Lots of old Star Wars stuff like Battle of Naboo, Sith Nightspeeder, Imperial V-Wing Starfighter, Droid Escape, Geonosian Cannon and Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator. In regards to City, they had lots of Ambulance, Mining Trucks and Dirt Bike Transporter.
Your local Zeller were filling with similar stock as my local Zeller. Do you think they will get in new sets if these were gone? I am looking for 9492 TIE Fighter but not at 20% off.
I'm pretty sure they will. Too bad they just keep stocking up the same sets that don't really sell all the time. The few good sets that they do stock are usually gone within a week.

However, I doubt they'll stock during the sale period. Usually, you have to wait a few weeks before they get new stuff in.