Is this minifigure worth this much??

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Is this minifigure worth this much??

Post by super26 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:00 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS- ... 4ac0be2124

Shield bidding or is this minifigure worth this much?

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Is this minifigure worth this much??

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=sw107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, it's worth that much.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=sw107

Yes, it's worth that much.
Wow! and I thought the person was just shield bidding, especially with a feedback of 0.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:46 pm

I think he answer to your OR question was BOTH.
Probably the seller is going to send the 66 feedback buyer a "second chance offer" for 237.77.

Think about it this way, if you are a person with enough knowledge of the value of LEGO minifigures to want to invest in this type of figures, then you probably have bought at least 10 times on ebay before coming to a high value auction an dropping it all in. I think the 0 FB buyer who won the auction was a fake, probably the seller or a relative bidding to make sure he gets his "reserve" price without actually having to make a reserve with ebay. Just a gimmick to pay less fees and hopefully overbid your items. That is why I dislike ebay so much.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Can't the new boba fett replace the old one, can it? I like the new version more. I don't feel upset if I don't own the old version. Thus, from my own perspective, I don't think it is worth that much.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 am

Can someone let me know why this "Boba Fett" is worth that much? I mean, over $200 for a minifigure??? Is it like the FIRST minifigure ever made and there's only l ike 10 of them or something?

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 am

This figure is worth that much to a collector because this unique version (with printed arms) only came in one large set (10123) back in 2003.
Exclusive figure + limited quantity + 10 years old + ultimate star wars collector = insane prices.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:44 am

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:This figure is worth that much to a collector because this unique version (with printed arms) only came in one large set (10123) back in 2003.
Exclusive figure + limited quantity + 10 years old + ultimate star wars collector = insane prices.
Thanks.

Makes me want to start collecting minifigures now..

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 am

lemus wrote:I think he answer to your OR question was BOTH.
Probably the seller is going to send the 66 feedback buyer a "second chance offer" for 237.77.

Think about it this way, if you are a person with enough knowledge of the value of LEGO minifigures to want to invest in this type of figures, then you probably have bought at least 10 times on ebay before coming to a high value auction an dropping it all in. I think the 0 FB buyer who won the auction was a fake, probably the seller or a relative bidding to make sure he gets his "reserve" price without actually having to make a reserve with ebay. Just a gimmick to pay less fees and hopefully overbid your items. That is why I dislike ebay so much.

I guess the person with the 0 feedback (6**n) won. Just hope it wasn't the seller himself bidding on his own stuff. We might see it being re-listed again. OR as you said, "The seller is going to send the 66 feedback buyer a "second chance offer." From the bid history, it looks like 6**n(0) is there just to inflate the bidding price.

If I was the seller, and wanted at least $250.00, I would start the bidding at $250. Rather than started it at $199.99 or whatever, and create another ebay account just so that I can bid on my own stuff.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 pm

It's because Star wars fans are crazy, and LEGO fans are crazy, so Star Wars Lego fans are mega crazy.

There is no need for that to be worth that much, just wait and another new one will come out, or get one without leg painting.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:52 am

Brick & Blue wrote:It's because Star wars fans are crazy, and LEGO fans are crazy, so Star Wars Lego fans are mega crazy.

There is no need for that to be worth that much, just wait and another new one will come out, or get one without leg painting.
The printed legs are precisely why this minifig is so expensive. Dedicated fans that collect every fig need this particular one (as well as all the other unique figs in this set - check out their prices), and thus pay through the nose. This is due to the exclusivity of the fig, as well as the limited number of initial sets sold (not to mention the fraction of those sets that were parted out).

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 am

if you think this is crazy, wait till you check out the limited edition captain america and iron man from the toy fair. the last completed listing had them at $3,500 for the pair. right now they are the most expensive minifigs ever. even more than the chrome gold c3po.

i bet the limited super heroes from the comic cons will go up to $500 each as well. in about 5 years.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:52 pm

I am guessing that some of you buy mini figures as an investment?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 pm

In most cases, minifigure was the key factor affecting the price of box set at secondary market. Both 9465-The Zombies and a complete set of Collectible Minifigures CMF Series 1 were very good example. Thus, hold on to your minifigures. They were not only good for investment, but also good for trading.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:58 am

legohunter wrote:In most cases, minifigure was the key factor affecting the price of box set at secondary market. Both 9465-The Zombies and a complete set of Collectible Minifigures CMF Series 1 were very good example. Thus, hold on to your minifigures. They were not only good for investment, but also good for trading.

Thanks. Going to have to grab a copy of the zombie set (9465) for my collection now.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Good luck trying to find one at retail. They've been long gone from Targets since early-mid November and the Lego Stores have been out of them too.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Gooker1 wrote:Good luck trying to find one at retail. They've been long gone from Targets since early-mid November and the Lego Stores have been out of them too.
I actually found 2 returned to local area Targets in January, so it's still worth keeping an eye out, IMO - although I wouldn't bother running around specifically looking for the set...

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Gooker1 wrote:Good luck trying to find one at retail. They've been long gone from Targets since early-mid November and the Lego Stores have been out of them too.

I remember a few weeks back, I saw a few LEGO Monster box sets at my local Toys R US store that was on "clearance - 50% retail price" . Never really paid attention to the clearance section. Thinking back, I wished I had.

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:18 pm

what is shield bidding?

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Not sure if the question is rhetorical, i.e. pointing out the misspelling, or real, but just in case here is the info:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/sel ... dding.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;