Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal-Mart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal

Post by lerico » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 am

Walmart in Lougheed Mall, Burnaby, BC has about 10 boxes out. It is near the mall exit.

I spent an hour there, found all 16 of them but didn't find any Mr. Gold.

jeremy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeremy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 pm

wow that's awesome, benzo!! 6 boxes! how long did that take? haha

i just opened a pack yesterday and got the paintballer guy without a baseplate but it had a duplicate torso. weird. at least he can have a friend now.

aquserone
I'm New !

Post by aquserone » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Managed to get this end cap at Target - South Bay. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:46 pm

I hit my Toys R Us after lunch and found three boxes of Series 10. I went through one whole box and put my set together minus Mr. Gold.

I really like some of the figures in this set. The Tomahawk Warrior has great graphics and looks really cool and I love the little balding hair cap of the Grandpa.

Fun set.

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Walmart on Grandview Highway in Vancouver, BC had an end cap with Series 10, not many though and no Mr. Gold.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 pm

darbee wrote:Walmart on Grandview Highway in Vancouver, BC had an end cap with Series 10, not many though and no Mr. Gold.
lerico wrote:Walmart in Lougheed Mall, Burnaby, BC has about 10 boxes out. It is near the mall exit.
I spent an hour there, found all 16 of them but didn't find any Mr. Gold.
Were those boxes untouched before u started working on them?

I wonder if Mr. Gold was located at the end cap?

LowestFormOfWit
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LowestFormOfWit » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 am

TRU is the only place I could find S10 down here. Everu Walmart said they didn't have it and every Target said they couldn't sell it until the 1st.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

aquserone wrote:Managed to get this end cap at Target - South Bay. :-)

Wherabouts in the south bay? I went last weekend, and they denied me. :(

aquserone
I'm New !

Post by aquserone » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Gooker1 wrote:

redondo beach

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm

legohunter wrote:
Were those boxes untouched before u started working on them?

I wonder if Mr. Gold was located at the end cap?

Not sure, but went back to that walmart this morning and they brought out more and looks like they were felt pretty good.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm

aquserone wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:

redondo beach
Any luck w mr . Gold?

That store shot me down due to release date. Nicely done.

aquserone
I'm New !

Post by aquserone » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
aquserone wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:

redondo beach
Any luck w mr . Gold?

That store shot me down due to release date. Nicely done.
Unfortunately no Mr Gold.

mcat13
I'm New !

Post by mcat13 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:19 pm

I asked at the Lego store if they had any unopened boxes of series 10. The sales person said that they had opened all of the boxes, even those still in the back. She went on to stress how unlikely it was that they had Mr Gold in their store. I'm aware of the odds, but it takes the fun out of it, especially for my boys, who were more optimistic about their chances prior to listening to her.

kyzr44
I'm New !

Post by kyzr44 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Went to Target, no luck. The 204010044be number gave me the following information. NA in back nor shelf location. When I asked an employee, they said it wasn't showing on their next 2 shipments. Anyone else having this issue? My local Walmart is even worse of a Clown show. When asked, most of the employees look at me like I'm asking for Dodo eggs. :down:
give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you lose a great business opportunity

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed May 01, 2013 6:19 pm

mcat13 wrote:I asked at the Lego store if they had any unopened boxes of series 10. The sales person said that they had opened all of the boxes, even those still in the back. She went on to stress how unlikely it was that they had Mr Gold in their store. I'm aware of the odds, but it takes the fun out of it, especially for my boys, who were more optimistic about their chances prior to listening to her.

Lego stores are gonna screw this up! They just lost the potential to sell an entire case, but they had to go through them....I'll never understand their revenue model..

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 am

zztoy wrote:
mcat13 wrote:I asked at the Lego store if they had any unopened boxes of series 10. The sales person said that they had opened all of the boxes, even those still in the back. She went on to stress how unlikely it was that they had Mr Gold in their store. I'm aware of the odds, but it takes the fun out of it, especially for my boys, who were more optimistic about their chances prior to listening to her.

Lego stores are gonna screw this up! They just lost the potential to sell an entire case, but they had to go through them....I'll never understand their revenue model..
LEGO store employees are not allowed to feel the bags in the backroom or help customers feel them (at least in the stores here in Los Angeles area. Not sure when this rule was made, but they can only do it when they aren't working. I went during lunch today and they said there were 9 people waiting for the store to open. Only one of the people was left when I got there and she said they checked all 9 boxes that the store had. My guess is customers requested to check other boxes. For previous series, they always ask what I'm looking for when they see me groping the bags for awhile and if I would like them to open a fresh box.

Oh yeah, the biggest thing is they only allow 16 bags per customer each day (I can't remember if it's only during initial release). So there is no selling of boxes around here. I have read that others were able to buy entire boxes at LEGO stores (not around here) back during the holidays when they had them 50% off. I like limiting as it prevents hording and lets others have a chance. Then again, I work very close to my LEGO store so it's easy for me to go there to get some duplicates. Would be great if other stores limited clearance on LEGO which will never happen because the whole purpose is for them to clear inventory. They don't care if 1 person buys all the wonderful LEGO at a huge discount.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Thu May 02, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks for that info. I know some here will go through great lengths for what is nominal, wonder what they will now do to find mrgold. Can't wait for the stories and get a good chuckle.

mcat13
I'm New !

Post by mcat13 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 am

My Lego store has a limit of 32 series 10, seems reasonable. The salesperson was clear that they had opened all the boxes prior to customers having access to them. I was wondering if it's a new policy, or unique to this store. In the past they have been very helpful, opening new boxes and helping customers search for minifigs.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:50 am

mcat13 wrote:My Lego store has a limit of 32 series 10, seems reasonable. The salesperson was clear that they had opened all the boxes prior to customers having access to them. I was wondering if it's a new policy, or unique to this store. In the past they have been very helpful, opening new boxes and helping customers search for minifigs.
I heard the same that Dilbert did from other stores too. If the minifigures were opened in the back, they broke policy and I'd make a quick call to the District Manager and file a complaint. ;)

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Thu May 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I just left a Target where the toys and electronics supervisor (a total petty tyrant power-tripping ^#*!! I've had the misfortune of speaking with before) took 20 minutes to find the case in the back (which should already have been out) and then tell me I could buy 10. Since the incinerating plasma beams I shoot from my eyes must be malfunctioning, I'll be venting to Target HQ here shortly. Worse on worse, the post office closed while I was waiting. I'm pretty livid.