LEGO Store Calendar - October 2013

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

LEGO Store Calendar - October 2013

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:22 pm

• DOUBLE Points all month
  • Oct 14-31 - Exclusive 1 of 2 Holiday Set with Purchases of $99 or more, 2nd set during Brick Friday Weekend in November
  • all month - Free Clone Trooper Lieutenant w. SW purchase of $50 or more
  • Oct 1st - Mini Model Build - Witch
  • Oct 10th - Fire Safety Week Mini Model Build
  • Oct 19th and 26th - LEGO Club Meeting - Star Wars
  • Oct 31st - Kids get a free Monsters Key Chain for visiting the store dressed in costume
  • Oct 4-6 Grand Opening of Fashion Place Mall, Murray, Utah store
  • Oct 11- 13 KidsFest, Portland, OR
2013-09-01 Oct 2013 LEGO Calendar 003.JPG
2013-09-01 Oct 2013 LEGO Calendar 004.JPG
2013-09-01 Oct 2013 LEGO Calendar 002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Store Calendar - October 2013

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Gotta love the 2xVIP!

Cool to see the return of the "[1/2] of 2" Holiday themed exclusive sets. The first one looks really cute, and will go nicely with Winter Village Market.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:32 pm

I cannot wait for the first UT Lego store to open. So nice and close to me too! :mrgreen:

bigsexy_j
I'm New !

Post by bigsexy_j » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 pm

glad I waited on ordering the Ewok village, still get the exclusive figure but now I get double points and the holiday set over the mini camper.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:48 pm

bigsexy_j wrote:glad I waited on ordering the Ewok village, still get the exclusive figure but now I get double points and the holiday set over the mini camper.
Yes, nice to get 2 freebies along with double points. Plus with you go there on Halloween in costume, you get another freebie (I don't see an age limit on the free keychain). :)

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:45 am

Is there any fine print for the 2X VIP points? Have they excluded any sets from this promo, like they do with the coupons?

I just might wait a bit to get the Death Star set to double my points.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:37 am

To my knowledge they have never made exclusions on the 2xVIP. It's good for everything and anything you would normally accrue VIP points on.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:18 am

crewser wrote:Is there any fine print for the 2X VIP points? Have they excluded any sets from this promo, like they do with the coupons?

I just might wait a bit to get the Death Star set to double my points.
vynsane wrote:To my knowledge they have never made exclusions on the 2xVIP. It's good for everything and anything you would normally accrue VIP points on.
It wouldn't surprise me if they (TLG) happen to change this and make it a single transaction per house hold or limit the number of purchases allowed for 2xVIP or even exclude all sets listed as they (TLG) did with the LBS 10% discount coupon.

They've (TLG) been steadily making changes now for the last month or so and have been trying to curb the amount of reseller purchasing and IMHO the real move or changes for TLG started with the crazy 41999 co-creation set, with this set I think TLG saw more problems and issues at the least with many not following the TLG purchase policy limits and many circumventing it. Yes the LBS/TLG is also at fault for not following its own policy either at certain times.

These changes will probably continue to evolve and change as well, just look at the current polybag promos which now states that its "One free set per household." when it use to be one per purchase/order.

I would imagine that the exclusive holiday sets will also be the same "One free set per household."

For the record as if it matters though but I don't have any issues with TLG wanting to limit and enforce more and be less lenient at their LBS and TLG in general but it does put a damper on many who have multiple kids/collectors in a single house hold.

Anyway just my 2 pennies or cents which ever you prefer :mrgreen:

Keep on collecting / building the best you can. :mrgreen:

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 am

My VIP email this morning specifically mentions the ability to earn 2x VIP points on the Winter Village Market, one of the "10% coupon excluded" sets:
OPTION 1: Purchase [WVM] NOW through September 30th and get exclusive early access to purchase Winter Village Market.*
OPTION 2: Purchase [WVM] October 1st through October 31st: VIPs get DOUBLE VIP Points on purchases of ALL LEGO sets.**
So, they haven't taken all of the goodies away.

And, no, the mention of "ALL LEGO" in option 2 is not the TRU definition of "ALL LEGO*". It only mentions gift cards, taxes, and shipping as excluded. Athough they reserve the right to "amend or cancel the promotion at any time".