LEGO Store Guildford Town Centre Surrey, BC Grand Opening

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Store Guildford Town Centre Surrey, BC Grand Opening

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 pm

The 7th LEGO Brand Store in Canada (2nd store in BC) is having its grand opening celebration next weekend! The LEGO Store at Guildford Town Centre will have a building event where you can help a real LEGO Master Builder construct an 8-foot tall model of the Hulk. Participants will receive a free Certificate of Achievement. Join them at the Centre Court from September 20-22.

Special Promos (for the first 300 people each day)

Friday (September 20): FREE Collectible LEGO T-Shirt with a $50 Purchase!
Saturday (September 21) FREE Limited-Edition LEGO Store Set with a $75 Purchase!
Sunday (September 22): Free Exclusive LEGO Minifigure Set with a $50 Purchase!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-store-guild ... d-opening/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

lerico
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO Store Guildford Town Centre Surrey, BC Grand Openin

Post by lerico » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 am

Base on Oakridge opening experience what time does the line usually starts? I am planning to arrive at 9am, too early or too late?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 am

I think 9am would be margainal for Saturday event. I was there at 8am and store opened at 9am last year. Unfortunately, I was about the twentieth who missed the grand opening gift after 5 hrs waiting. I suggest you get there as early as you can, and bring your own chair. The earlier you join the line, the earlier you could go home and build your lego sets.

Think about the store could only allow 30 to 40 people be there at once. Since not everyone would just grab and go and there will be another lineup at POS, you do the Math how fast the line would move. :crazy: Thus, it was a torture waiting at the line, imo.

Please share your experience (if you could) after participating this event, I am interested to know how bad/good the line up is.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am

legohunter wrote:I think 9am would be margainal for Saturday event. I was there at 8am and store opened at 9am last year. Unfortunately, I was about the twentieth who missed the grand opening gift after 5 hrs waiting. I suggest you get there as early as you can, and bring your own chair. The earlier you join the line, the earlier you could go home and build your lego sets.
Bringing your own chair. LOL. Feels like lining up at the Apple store for a newly released iphone, which ironically is today too.

I think this store might not have as heavy of a lineup compared to Oakridge as that was the first store here. Also, people were going crazy with the lego store set since only 3 other stores had them that time.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Pictures of the line would be great! Surrey is a bit too far for me, plus, I already got all 3 gifts last year.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Anyone know if they had a system in place for the lineup this time around? A lot of people were disappointed last year.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm

No system for the lineup but not nearly enough people for that to really matter. We got there at 8:30 and were only maybe 50 people from the front of the line.

Periolocum
I'm New !

Post by Periolocum » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:40 pm

I arrive at 8:45am, and surprisingly only has 50 ppl in front of me. Thought I was late as i was taking 2hr bus. At 9:30am, you can still get into top 75 or so. At 10 am, line looks promising at 150, but afterward not enough fan and line got weaken when ppl get in. Store set is available when I leave around 12noon. No need to rush. Most surprisingly is that they run out the minivan, faster than the store set :roll:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 pm

Periolocum wrote:Most surprisingly is that they run out the minivan, faster than the store set :roll:
This sounded shoppers in the town were prudential with their expenditure. It wasn't a good sign that the free gift couldn't motivate them to spend money.

jhuynh
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhuynh » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Anyone ever try to return their LEGO sets that they bought for the free gift?

According to their receipt, the gift is worth $17.99. So if I return everything but keep the LEGO Store Set, I'd should only be paying $17.99 for the set.