S@H No Longer Shipping to "3rd Party Shipping Vendors"

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
lerico
Peasant
Peasant

S@H No Longer Shipping to "3rd Party Shipping Vendors"

Post by lerico » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 am

My order from US shop.lego.com site has just been cancelled because I am shipping my order to a shipment company in the US border town of Blaine WA.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem lately? So I guess Lego is try to make me pay for the price difference between US and Canada. Sigh :cry:

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: S@H No Longer Shipping to "3rd Party Shipping Vendors"

Post by chenwaa123 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:37 am

When you send it there are you using your name with their address? Or is there a company name shown on the address?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Guess they are starting to crack down on drop-shipping?

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Also had this experience last year with using Mailboxes International in Blaine... other posts on this:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 am

lerico wrote:So I guess Lego is try to make me pay for the price difference between US and Canada. Sigh :cry:
Not really and it's not really anything to do with punishing you at all I don't think or making you pay the difference.
Its more that Lego is trying to stop fraud that was happening and maybe still happening a lot with their S@H from people who were stealing CC information to buy and drop ship the fraudulent orders and I think they consider the use of '3rd party shipping vendors' a possible liability in their fraud policies even though yours is legit.

Have you tried contacting CS and see if they can process your order especially if you've used this service for a few years with S@H then maybe CS can allow it but they may also still block it.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Someone wants to avoid his own countries stupid import taxes!

Just get a PO box and you'll be fine, and add it as your billing address for your credit card.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Or get some family or friends in the States to shop for you. Pay them back in Canadian dollars. :-D

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:42 am

Lego most likely has a system to catch orders shipping to a different address than the billing address (and over a certain dollar amount). If they take a closer look, those 3rd party shipper addresses are usually pretty easy to recognize. As has been said, it's an effort to crack down on fraud. For some reason, a lot of these orders going through these shippers tend to be fraudulent. It's also hard to deal with lost packages and such when the destination address on the order isn't even the customer's own address.