Walmart LEGO Clearance - day after Christmas?

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Walmart LEGO Clearance - day after Christmas?

Post by zztoy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:54 pm

I friend of mine in upper New York, mentioned Wegmans had many sets at 25 off today, as they began, I believe, carrying Legos this year.

potato_chip
I'm New !

Post by potato_chip » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 pm

No clearance in Dallas either. I was happy to finally grab a Lone Ranger poly, although I was not happy paying regular price since I had just visited Target and got 1.99 Friends and a TMNT poly there.

LegoTheme
I'm New !

Post by LegoTheme » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 am

I hit my local target and wal-mart yesterday. as previously mentioned, target had the tmnt and friend polybags 50% off. at wal-mart, i had to dig in the shelves, but i did find a couple of An Unexpected Gathering sets for $30. i figure they were leftover from the late summer clearance. wal-mart also had a couple of LR trains, but they weren't marked down. i'm in olive branch, ms.

Legomom2009
I'm New !

Post by Legomom2009 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:27 pm

I found a 7962 Anakin and Sebulba pod racer set at my local Walmart for $38. My son has only recently gotten into lego so I don't know if this is a good set or not but for the price I couldn't resist getting him one. Also found lotr pirate ship for $40 but passed on it because my son doesn't like lotr.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Legomom2009 wrote:I found a 7962 Anakin and Sebulba pod racer set at my local Walmart for $38. My son has only recently gotten into lego so I don't know if this is a good set or not but for the price I couldn't resist getting him one. Also found lotr pirate ship for $40 but passed on it because my son doesn't like lotr.
:shock:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Legomom2009 wrote:I found a 7962 Anakin and Sebulba pod racer set at my local Walmart for $38. My son has only recently gotten into lego so I don't know if this is a good set or not but for the price I couldn't resist getting him one. Also found lotr pirate ship for $40 but passed on it because my son doesn't like lotr.

I bet he'll like the set if you give it to him shortly after watching the movie.

The ship is cool, though I don't collect that line either...I probably would've bought it, as you could've easily resold it for a bit more, or traded it on here for something you do want, closer to the original value.

BrikTrak
I'm New !

Post by BrikTrak » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:34 am

Not sure how widespread this is, but there is a posting on Bricklink mentioning that some Walmarts now have LEGO items at a pretty good clearance price.

http://www.bricklink.com/messageThread. ... nID=781447

Seems like it's back to the individual stores to work out when to clearance, rather than last years national clearance, but it may be worth a second look. I'll be popping out to mine later this afternoon to take a look and will report back.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:44 pm

I went to a few walmarts today.
At on of the walmarts, there were lots in the clearance area for regular price with the red stickers.
At a walmart superstore, I I found were Stephanies soccer practice for $8 and the helicopter rescue for $49.
The other 2 walmarts were a bust.

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:49 pm

BrikTrak wrote:Not sure how widespread this is, but there is a posting on Bricklink mentioning that some Walmarts now have LEGO items at a pretty good clearance price.

http://www.bricklink.com/messageThread. ... nID=781447

Seems like it's back to the individual stores to work out when to clearance, rather than last years national clearance, but it may be worth a second look. I'll be popping out to mine later this afternoon to take a look and will report back.
So, there may be hope!

I know that Walmarts in my neck of the woods tends to circulate around dead inventory to some of the other stores. In a few of the years' past, I've gone to one location a week or two after Christmas, and found the shelves all replenished with 50% off kits. Good times. :)

Well, hope springs eternal. Maybe I'll find something after all on my next visit.

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 pm

I'll be hitting up the stores tomorrow. I very rarely find good discounts at Wal-Mart around here, they rarely clearance toys.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 am

I hit a Wal-Mart last night, no clearance toys, but they had some of the new movie sets.

911diecast
Citizen
Citizen

Post by 911diecast » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Found a Friends Advent Calendar and bought it for $7.49, 75% off.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 am

911diecast wrote:Found a Friends Advent Calendar and bought it for $7.49, 75% off.
Nice - I got nothin' here in the deep south - of course it could that I'm late to the party as well. :eek: :shock: :-D

Thundarr
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thundarr » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:21 am

Totally random but I found a Ninjago Skull Truck from like 3 years ago in a Walmart today for 20 bucks. The box was a little beat up but factory sealed.

rezlo
I'm New !

Post by rezlo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:51 am

Was at a local Walmart last night in Skokie/Niles IL area. Picked up 2x unexpected gathering sets for $49 each. One box was beat up the other looked good. I also saw mirkwood spiders for $21 but left it on the shelf. Nothing else I checked rang up on sale.