New York Toy Fair 2014 LEGO News & Pictures

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

New York Toy Fair 2014 LEGO News & Pictures

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:26 pm

The 2014 New York Toy Fair started today and is well underway. ToyArk has posted many images for many of the upcoming Late Spring/Summer 2014 sets. These include LEGO Chima, Ninjago, The LEGO Movie and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Most of the LEGO Super Heroes (Marvel and DC Comics) on display were seen before and are already available for sale in the United Kingdom (and starting to become available in North America now). However, they did have a new one that was not revealed yet and that's the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 76022 X-Men vs The Sentinel set. FBTB reports that this new LEGO X-Men set will be released a little later in June and will be priced at $49.99 USD.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/new-york-toy-fai ... lego-news/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: New York Toy Fair 2014 LEGO News & Pictures

Post by dulait » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks for the info. My opinion on it is simply one word, disappointing! Price point is high, Sentinel and Blackbird is a joke. Is this set for the JUNIOR line? I sure will not be picking up this set unless it is on sale, and I mean at least 25% off sale.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 pm

I thought this would be a $35 set with the design and price point. LEGO clearly has lost their minds.

mattyb1982
I'm New !

Post by mattyb1982 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Sad that out of 4 minifigs they chose Magneto and Wolverine. Waited forever for a more robust X-Men collection and this is the set! I hope more sets will come down the pipe with days of future past and apocalypse coming in the next few years.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

I agree with both you and Royal Guardian. The Sentinel looks horrible and the Blackbird looks bland as well. I expected it to either be cheaper or for the Blackbird itself to be much more interesting. It does include 5 figures plus a sentinel.. maybe that is their justification for the price? I would like to have the Storm minifig. I don't think that I like the Magneto (purple suit?) but maybe it looks better in person? Both Wolverine and Magneto were available in the previous Wolverine chopper.. something.. set. At the moment I'm thinking that I liked the earlier version of Wolverine better than this one although the cowl/mask looks interesting (not sure if I like it yet). I was looking forward to details of this set. Now I'm disappointed

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 pm

My thoughts...

The card said X-Men #1... Maybe there is a second set/retailer exclusive that wasn't displayed at the fair. Slim chances, but some TMNT set just randomly appeared on TRU.com that wasn't at the show either. (And we've had Doc Ock Lab, and Funhouse Duo already in the line, so they don't seem opposed to having exclusives).

The price point is pretty high, imo; but a lot of the heroes line are higher price points than one would expect for the piece count. I was shocked just a couple days ago seeing a Batcave Juniors set on a shelf early for $29.99. It's 150 pieces!!!!!! It's printing or big fig molds or special molds or maybe just because they know they can get away with charging a little more. As disappointing as it is, it's not a major issue for me because I rarely buy sets at full retail anyways (largely thanks to this site ;) ).

It's a solid set for the piece count. It's not perfect, by any means - I have to get Cyclops some hair, and maybe some dark blue bricks to beef up the Sentinel, but other than that it's sort of exciting as an X-men fan.

As for the getting 2 repeats in this set... I don't understand LEGO's thought process on the SH line; they give out desirables at conventions (or sometimes promos) and keep putting the SAME characters in the sets over and over (I mean Batman is in like EVERY DC set except for Man of Steel sets, and Lex Luthor isn't he?). Spider-man is in so many Marvel sets, without even variants (They could easily have subbed an Iron Spider in one of these new sets).

At least the Guardians sets have some promise for "outside the box" and our first look at the main set looks good :)

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:59 pm

I like the sentinel...the minifigs are ok.....I've never cared for big planes/vehciles

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:47 pm

That's a weak blackbird and very disappointing. No way this is $49.99 when actually released... Maybe $39.99 at most, but hopefully $34.99.

Storm & Cyclops to add, and a Sentinel is at also something, although not as uber as expected.

At least the Mageneto and Wolverine are alt-minifigs and not the exact same ones.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:52 am

The price on the card is the price very rarely do they make a mistake. LEGO City sets are insanely priced and this is just continuing that.

connor32997
Citizen
Citizen

Post by connor32997 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 pm

This is really disappointing to me, I don't understand why everything has to so cartoon like. I like the realistic sets based on the movies. The wolverine is the most insane one of them all, I though the last Wolverine was a little cartoon like, but this one is even worse. The Marvel line is going downhill. Event though i'm an X-men fan, I wont be buying this. So disappointed right now.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:19 pm

connor32997 wrote:This is really disappointing to me, I don't understand why everything has to so cartoon like. I like the realistic sets based on the movies. The wolverine is the most insane one of them all, I though the last Wolverine was a little cartoon like, but this one is even worse. The Marvel line is going downhill. Event though i'm an X-men fan, I wont be buying this. So disappointed right now.
Lego owns the rights to the comics through Disney/Marvel...Fox owns the rights to the movies. Lego likeness has to be based on the comic.

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 am

Guess I'm the only one that digs this. Buncha whiney little AFOLS lol

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:48 pm

gorenoirmag wrote:Guess I'm the only one that digs this. Buncha whiney little AFOLS lol
hehe

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:58 pm

My first reaction was not good. After some thought I realized that I once got excited about #8128 Cad Bane's Speeder. It had 318 pieces and retailed for $49.99 with 5 minifigures and one of them was an assassin droid that was available in a battle pack. Maybe the X-men jet is as good if not a better build than the speeder in 8128. I am still disappointed that they included Magneto in the set instead of unreleased villain. Cyclops looks good. The Wolverine looks ok... I don't like the glasses on one side of the double sided face but its cool that they are including both his cowl and a hairpiece. The Sentinel could have been much cooler but then of course the price would have been increased or the jet would have been even smaller. At least one can use the Sentinel pieces to make an even nicer one. I would have preferred a set similar to the 6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex (Nicer Sentinel with Storm and two other figures... or even a Sentinel, Storm and 1 other minifigure) for the price of 19.99. I may not buy this one but I must have the Storm. I really like that she is in the classic black suit instead of the white suit.

humanbeing2012
I'm New !

Post by humanbeing2012 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:21 am

This is a must Have, Plus it has a new wolverine suit and SENTINEL! yeah!