500214 Dareth vs. Nindroid Ninjago Polybag Available at Toys R Us (USA)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

500214 Dareth vs. Nindroid Ninjago Polybag Available at Toys R Us (USA)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Forum member elfabulosomicho reports that his Toys R Us store had the exclusive LEGO Ninjago 5002144 Dareth vs. Nindroid polybag (aka the LEGO Brown Ninja minifigure set). He said they rung up at $4.99 each. Not bad considering you get 2 minifigures (the Brown Ninja and Nindroid).

However, they're not suppose to sell them as it was meant for a future event/giveaway. Hopefully, you'll be able to find this set too as its just as popular as the 5002145 Galaxy LEGO Rocket Racoon Minifigure polybag!

LEGO Ninjago 5002144 Dareth vs. Nindroid Polybag

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/500214-dareth-vs ... -r-us-usa/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 500214 Dareth vs. Nindroid Ninjago Polybag Available at

Post by BrickFan1982 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Oh my goodness! I'm mentioned on the front page!!! So excited!!! :-D ... If anyone knows the product code for the Gareth set please post it here, I am going back tonight with the picture to see if I can get a more willing clerk or manager like when I got Rocket raccoon... never hurts to ask.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:12 pm

The only other numbers on the package are "Item 6079522" and the UPC code 673419 218122.

Good luck to all. I saw these on Saturday the 15th in the Lego section, I tried to buy 2 and was stopped when the register alerted the cashier of the street date. When I was nice enough to show the cashier where I found the polys, we were both shocked to discover 2 more unopened full bags of 50 polys each behind an old Mixel box that a stocker had put these into. I left the store planning on being back in the morning, not worried because I just saw 150 of these polybags with my own eyes so I was sure I could get one.

Sunday morning...those polybags could not be found anywhere and without an 8-digit TRU stock number I was out of luck. Monday....same story. Tuesday....I luckily find the original cashier who took them into the backroom on Saturday. He tells me he doesn't know where they all went but they were gone from where he put them. My eagle eye spots a Dareth poly sticking out of a Lego box sitting behind the counter so I point it out and ask about the box. It turns out to be a box full of TMNT Mikey's Shellraisers with one lone Dareth on top for some strange reason. He lets me have it and I call it good, but I'm pretty sure those other 149 got grabbed by an employee.

Has anybody else noticed some people on ebay are actually selling whole sealed bags of 50 polys?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 pm

The Northborough, MA TRU store had this poly out on a sidekick in the Lego section.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:01 am

Wheeefun wrote:but I'm pretty sure those other 149 got grabbed by an employee.
That's a weird assumption. Most likely, just like the Rocket Racoon poly, these are earmarked for a special promotion and they wanted to actually have them on-hand for said promotion.

Not everyone out there knows/gives a crap about the "value" of LEGO the same way we do.

The fact that you found them on the floor early is not a rarity at TRU, obviously. We've seen in the past that they've blatantly ignored street dates at the corporate level, releasing a new wave earlier than everyone else, but it can also vary from store to store. It's a symptom of abysmal communication from corporate to the individual stores.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:57 am

My local TRU has at least 2 employees that I know of that know full well the aftermarket value of many, MANY items on their shelves because they are personal friends of the local toy store owner/scalper and if you ever visited his store in my town you would see so many TRU exclusives on his pegs (and dozens of each, at that) it would make you wonder.

I really hope I'm wrong but I've been a toy hunter for several years now and this is how it goes in my area.

Also, look on ebay right now and you WILL find people selling sealed 50-count bags of Rocket and/or Dareth polybags. Is my assumption about employee theft really that off? Or is it really possible that these ebayers selling whole bags ALL just got lucky because their local stores broke street date?

Those 50-count bags are pretty darn small, it only takes about 1-minute for a minimum-wage employee to secure themselves a nice xmas bonus. Just saying...

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 am

I'm not saying they don't exist, but by the same token it's a small minority of employees that know and/or care. Also, it's much more common that the local scalper becomes "friends" with the employees than vice-versa.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Went back to TRU today, found a bin full of Gareths by the LEGO isle, grabbed my 7 and my free mini shellraiser and got my TRU credit card 10% off because its Thursday. At the checkout i heard the manager tell the new temp employee that the 10% off for using the card was also good on saturdays this month, so im gonna go back to get 7 more rockets and another shellraiser on saturday since they have plenty left.

MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MakoSlade » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 pm

The TRU in Union, NJ on route 82 had a ton of these polybags in the center aisle by the Lego section for $4.99 each. They also had the free Mikey's Shellraiser behind the Customer Service desk for $30.00 spent. They gave one away with 6 Dareth's, so $29.94 is enough to get a Mikey. The CS rep noted that this usually isn't allowed, but it rang up free so all is well.

This TRU also had the Rocket Racoon figure behind the CS desk for $4.99, limit 6. As of about an hour ago there were tons of all of these still available.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:43 am

For those in Dallas, TRU at Alpha and Dallas North Tollway has a plastic bin with 200+ of this set... Waiting for a reseller to come grab them all... Sorry, can't help anyone get one right now...

They also had some 2015 Creator sets out...

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:59 am

Now available online. Free shipping on LEGO today.

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:46 pm

They are at the TRU at triangle town center in North Raleigh as of 11/30.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Thank you for the news! I'm not sure how I managed before joining Toysnbricks. I guess I paid retail for nearly everything and missed out on nearly every promotional item. I've been waiting for Dareth polybag. Dareth is ok but its really the Nindroid that I liked. I had never gotten around to finding them for 3 or less (considering shipping) and I liked the torso, head and mask/hat piece. Fairly fun minifig parts. I can now either sell the Dareth minifigs in the future and keep the Nindroids or keep 1 or 2 Dareth minifigs for parts. I love $2.50 minifigs! So just recently I was able to finally get the TMNT minifig polybag, Ninjago Dareth poly, Rocket Raccoon (in store at TRU) and the 4 pack minifig from Target (with superboy). My pocketbook needs a break. I don't have a TRU or Target in town (only Wal-mart and Meijer's) so without news alerts as to when to go searching for polybags I would have missed out on nearly all of these items. I know that for many the TMNT Mikey polybag probably wasn't that rare but I wasn't able to find it the one recent time that I was at TRU in search of it and the Rocket Raccoon polybag.

Thanks for doing such a great job passing on the news everyone!

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 pm

All I found where empty pegs where hundreds should have been, talked to an employee and she said that someone cleared em out. (A friend of mine actually thought I did when he saw the same thing XD) the good news is she said they would be restocking them, so perhaps I have a chance.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 am

minifigW wrote:All I found where empty pegs where hundreds should have been, talked to an employee and she said that someone cleared em out. (A friend of mine actually thought I did when he saw the same thing XD) the good news is she said they would be restocking them, so perhaps I have a chance.
I think they are still available online with free (limited time) shipping .. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=45754616
Thanks for the link Eek!

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:57 am

Went back to the same TRU and low and behold they had about 300 of each one!!!!! Needless to say I picked up some! :-D