Walmart.ca Clearance

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Legobrandon
Count
Count

Walmart.ca Clearance

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:56 am

Arctic Outpost (60035): http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-city-a ... 0187664254Super Secret Police Dropship (70815): http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-lego-m ... 815/935980Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! (70816):
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-lego-m ... 816/935983Arctic Ice Crawler (60033): http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-city-a ... 0187914661
The Shellraiser Street Chase (79104): http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-ninja- ... 104/202138

I hate how the website shows Spaceship as being in stock, and when you add it to cart it becomes OOS. Very sad I missed out. :(

Any chance TRU will accept a price match? :razz: They probably don't have much on the shelves anyways...

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Walmart.ca Clearance

Post by legome » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:17 am

Over...?

nixtron1
I'm New !

Post by nixtron1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:24 am

that was fast...

or maybe they have a problem with their system. I tried to checkout 1 item, it won't go through.

There are still 2 Chima and 1 The Hobbit sets left

http://www.walmart.ca/en/toys/boxing-we ... 28+1019588
Last edited by nixtron1 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:45 am

No go in Quebec... I changed my postal code and saw the prices but when I checked out the price bumped up to normal!!

CraigV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CraigV » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:48 am

Wow. Nice prices. Looks kinda typical of Walmart deep discounted items however when there is nothing in stock. These weren't listed as on sale as of 9 a.m. (ET) so it's interesting from both a timing and price perspective. No stock on anything so either they had 1 or 2, someone wanted to tease us, or it was an error (not sure how you make errors like that however). Or someone liquidated all stock as soon as they saw it ... watch for resellers ... wonder if the webmaster of Walmart.ca is a reseller :think:

Edit: There's a few other things on sale there too that they have no inventory of.

Star Destroyer - http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-star-w ... 0187664294

AT-AT -http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-star-w ... 0187664297

Battle for Ninjago City - http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-ninjag ... 0187836886

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:30 am

Hmm why such deep discounts on sets from the last Star Wars wave? Doesn't make much sense. Anyway Jabba`s Sail Barge for 70 bucks was a good deal today, hope they don't cancel it.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:54 am

massakassa wrote:Hmm why such deep discounts on sets from the last Star Wars wave? Doesn't make much sense. Anyway Jabba`s Sail Barge for 70 bucks was a good deal today, hope they don't cancel it.
Most of the half off sets take too much stock space, therefore they need to go on clearance to make room for the 2015 sets. And it seem most of the bigger sets are out of stock now. Also Chima sets seem to have the most stocks and are still up for grabs, but I will wait for clearance on the 2015 wave, because most of the figures will have custom tribe armors with a good new moc piece, the fire wings.

jamessergon
I'm New !

Post by jamessergon » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:20 pm

well. i received the email @ 2pm today. it was already out of stock on everything. i'm getting really pissed off at these online walmart sales. Always trolling the customers. Or some resellers have bots that buy everything as soon as it gets below a certain price.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:42 pm

dulait wrote:
massakassa wrote:Hmm why such deep discounts on sets from the last Star Wars wave? Doesn't make much sense. Anyway Jabba`s Sail Barge for 70 bucks was a good deal today, hope they don't cancel it.
Most of the half off sets take too much stock space, therefore they need to go on clearance to make room for the 2015 sets. And it seem most of the bigger sets are out of stock now. Also Chima sets seem to have the most stocks and are still up for grabs, but I will wait for clearance on the 2015 wave, because most of the figures will have custom tribe armors with a good new moc piece, the fire wings.

I guess that makes sense, but then again why keep sets like the gunship around at full price which is an older set and just as big of a box.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:59 am

massakassa wrote:
dulait wrote:

I guess that makes sense, but then again why keep sets like the gunship around at full price which is an older set and just as big of a box.
Again depends on stock level. Some Lego rep order what they THINK will sell. In one case, where they did not order enough gunships, therefore no need to blow them out. If you have 100 benny spaceships compared to 10 to 20 gunships, which one would you clear to free up spaces? Personally, I would clear both, but sadly, the decisions is not ours to make.

littlemic
Peasant
Peasant

Post by littlemic » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:47 am

I have placed orders several times at Walmart.ca before but never successful (not even once!). They always cancel all my orders. I have tried different name, email address, and credit cards but all failed. :sad:

Anyone has experienced this problem before?

Stragus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Stragus » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:44 pm

@littlemic

I have seen Walmart cancel an order once (weeks ago), when I tried to buy 8x the same set. I then placed an order for 4x the set and it went through. Perhaps they do not like people ordering large quantities of sets on sale and may cancel such orders arbitrarily?

I completely missed this crazy sale though. Too bad, there were some neat sets.

DrRichie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DrRichie » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:46 pm

littlemic wrote:I have placed orders several times at Walmart.ca before but never successful (not even once!). They always cancel all my orders. I have tried different name, email address, and credit cards but all failed. :sad:

Anyone has experienced this problem before?
It depends on what you are ordering. If the item that you order has phantom stock (for example, 1 in stock), it's very likely it will be cancelled. This happened to me repeatedly before as well.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Yup - they tend to cancel orders frequently or leave them open for several weeks and months and then decide to cancel them. It's hit and miss. Plus sometimes their packaging isn't the greatest...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:46 pm

They do charge your credit card right away so when they leave orders in limbo they are effectively keeping your money hostage.

DrRichie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DrRichie » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:38 pm

harry99 wrote:Yup - they tend to cancel orders frequently or leave them open for several weeks and months and then decide to cancel them. It's hit and miss. Plus sometimes their packaging isn't the greatest...
I agreed. One time when I ordered a lion chi temple, they basically stuck a canada post sticker right on the lego box, sent it out and left it at my front door. Luckily my neighborhood is peaceful, otherwise it would be stolen for sure.

firebat11
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by firebat11 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:12 am

I got the AT-AT by going to Toys R Us. They price matched the $64 for it. Got it for 50% off!!

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:12 am

firebat11 wrote:I got the AT-AT by going to Toys R Us. They price matched the $64 for it. Got it for 50% off!!
How did you manage to convince them to do that. It's out of stock on the website, and clearance as well. (I've had issues trying to price match a clearance item before that wasn't Lego).

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:49 am

mrbean wrote:
firebat11 wrote:I got the AT-AT by going to Toys R Us. They price matched the $64 for it. Got it for 50% off!!
How did you manage to convince them to do that. It's out of stock on the website, and clearance as well. (I've had issues trying to price match a clearance item before that wasn't Lego).
On top of that, stores usually never price match on Boxing Day.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:30 am

I never had success with TRU... they didn't even want to match a Target price as they didn't consider it a direct competitor...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com