Black Friday Walmart 2015

Forum for this year's LEGO Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales! Black Friday is on November 27th, 2015.
basestar
I'm New !

Black Friday Walmart 2015

Post by basestar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:44 pm

The Walmart 2015 Black Friday ad has leaked. As has been the case for the last several years, they will be offering a large box of Lego, not readily available in the U.S., at a dramatic discount. The leaked ad is fuzzy, but I'm 99% sure that this year's discounted set is...

10697 Classic XXXL box (1500 pieces)
Reg. $60 (according to Brickset, although I'm not sure how they arrived at that U.S. price) SALE $30

Walmart opens at 6 PM on Thanksgiving, when this deal will be available.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Black Friday Walmart 2015

Post by dehnehsu » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:33 am

semajnollissor
Peasant
Peasant

Post by semajnollissor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:17 pm

I read that a majority of Walmart's Black Friday deals will also be available online starting at 3 am eastern time. I'm not sure if the Lego and Duplo boxes will fall into that category, but the fact that they show up on the online store, I'd say it's a good bet that they will be available for a split second in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:42 am

semajnollissor wrote:I read that a majority of Walmart's Black Friday deals will also be available online starting at 3 am eastern time. I'm not sure if the Lego and Duplo boxes will fall into that category, but the fact that they show up on the online store, I'd say it's a good bet that they will be available for a split second in the wee hours of Thursday morning.
Fingers crossed

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:10 pm

semajnollissor wrote:I'd say it's a good bet that they will be available for a split second in the wee hours of Thursday morning.
Judging from past years...have they historically sold out within seconds/minutes?

I've got a 6 month old and have been waiting for ways to acquire a decent amount of Duplo so as to indoctrinate him into Lego. :) So this looks ideal to me.

semajnollissor
Peasant
Peasant

Post by semajnollissor » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Well, my understanding is that this will be the first year that some (or most) of the same deals available in store will be available online, so I don't think there is any precedent for how fast they'll sell out. I do know that whenever Amazon has a flash sale on Lego sets during cyber Monday week deals that they disappear so fast that I've never had time to actually to put an item in my cart. Of course, there's no guarantee that the promotional Lego sets will be included in the deals that will be available through walmart online.

As for the in-store deals on the Lego sets, they sell out pretty fast, easily within the first hour. At least that's been my experience in the last two years when I've tried to 'participate.' Two years ago I showed up too late and came up empty, last year I went early and spent a long time searching for the spot in the store that they placed the Legos. When I did eventually find them, just before 6, there were maybe forty boxes left. I should also add that there is a lot of variability between different Walmart stores, so your mileage my vary.

If you're wanting Duplo blocks, those will last longer than the regular Legos, but not by much.

On a side note, two years ago, two of the Lego online store's Black Friday promos were the 10664 creative tower and the 10557 duplo giant tower, each for $30. Those were the same sets Walmart had for Black Friday last year. Lego didn't offer a similar deal last year, but they didn't release any big box-of-brick sets like that last year. I'm hoping that the Lego online store will have the 10697 XXL set available for this year's Black Friday, but that's just wishful thinking at this point.

Finally, regarding the big duplo set, it is a great way to get a bunch of duplo blocks for a decent price. I got two of the tower sets two years ago, and it was really too many pieces for my 1 year old (I know the box says 1.5+ yrs, but my kids a genius I tells ya), especially combined with all the other duplo sets I splurged on. My wife made me stop buying duplo sets after that Christmas.

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Zeya wrote:
semajnollissor wrote:I'd say it's a good bet that they will be available for a split second in the wee hours of Thursday morning.
Judging from past years...have they historically sold out within seconds/minutes?

I've got a 6 month old and have been waiting for ways to acquire a decent amount of Duplo so as to indoctrinate him into Lego. :) So this looks ideal to me.

I'd Hunt Craigslist ... I always see some pretty big lots of DUPLO blocks for cheap.

Dmendro
I'm New !

Post by Dmendro » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:40 am

Ditto on the local resale for Duplo. My wife finds them cheap for my 4 year old on these Facebook "Yard Sale" pages.

Also for the Creative Packs. I always find the 650 piece sets on sale too. I don't believe they ever publish them in the ad, but they are usually in a stack out in front of the Lego isle and have been priced either $12.99 or $14.99 each of the last 3 years. I always stock up for both myself and for awesome birthday gifts for my kids friends.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:40 pm

My mom found me a huge box of Duplo and a UCS TIE Prototype at a tag sale for $10. Literally. The Duplo was awesome, included a working train, a plane and some animals. Never mind if she hasn't lost the Star Wars set and stickers and instructions it's a $300+ set.

Gray2010
I'm New !

Post by Gray2010 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Any sales for us crazy Canucks up in Canada?

John

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:26 am

Gray2010 wrote:Any sales for us crazy Canucks up in Canada?

John
Wal-Mart Canada has the LEGO Dimensions Starter set for $89.99. But your probably better off getting it at Toys R Us for the same price plus a free fun pack. ;)

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Website won't let you buy the stuff. Product page says the following and won't allow pickup
Please check your local Walmart store for this item.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Zeya wrote:Website won't let you buy the stuff. Product page says the following and won't allow pickup
Please check your local Walmart store for this item.
Last year the similar item was in store only but then the following day or weekend some were able to find it in nearby stores (online). Ship to store or pick up in store. I'm going to keep checking the link just in case

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:30 pm

I managed to get one set of the XXL box. The regular link just showed the message to "check your local Walmart store", but I tried again using the "BLITZ-DO-NOT-PUBLISH" link and I was able to add to cart. It only allowed one and it couldn't be changed in the cart either. The site was so bogged down that it took well over 10 minutes to get through the purchase process. Confirmation e-mail looked good and got the shipment e-mail a couple hours ago. Tried to go back for a second one right after the first, but even after getting it in the cart the same way as earlier the purchase process wouldn't go past the payment, regardless of the payment option chosen.

I went back a few hours later and when I accessed my cart it said the product I had selected was no longer available.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Wow, that was fun. There were a few women ahead of me waiting for this but once the plastic wrap was cut at 6pm, it was on like Donkey Kong. A whole bunch of kids, dads and moms came bum rushing. It was like the black fridays of old where the pepper spray had to be used. Funny thing was that this was the ONLY item in the store that it happened with. There were only 6 duplo and 18 regular boxes. They were all gone within 20 seconds. :clap:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 am

Wow only 18 boxes? I went around 9pm and managed to find a single slightly crushed box around the toy area so someone probably grabbed it and then abandoned it. I asked a nice employee if there were anymore instore he said computer was showing two so there might have been another floating he also said two other stores in the area were showing 18 in stock but surely that was phantom stock. I then swung by target and they had 3 bike cafe sets on the shelf so I grabbed one knowing it's sometimes easier to return a set then miss out if you are on the fence. So all in a productive and pain free shop.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:08 am

Found 7, 6 of which were accidently hidden by employees shifting BF stock...went to target and found three bike cafes, bought two and my girl bought the other.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Got one of the classic large creative boxes 10697 online (maybe)! Clicked the "Free pickup: Not available" button. Entered my zip code to search.. no luck. Tried the zip code of my parents and success! I was only able to get one though. Now to see if Dad is up to a trip to Walmart. Order is being processed now. Fingers crossed.

and.. order out of stock and is cancelled. Item is now online available though for $48.84.
Last edited by StClair on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

cczzz
I'm New !

Post by cczzz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Guys, check Walmart online NOW. I accidentally found out that some local store actually have XXL in store with price of 30$, but only for pick up. Just ordered 1, but I have a feeling that if you want more you could order it several times. Only 7 miles away from my home and totally worth it. :-D

Katra
I'm New !

Post by Katra » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:01 pm

anakinisvader wrote:Wow, that was fun. There were a few women ahead of me waiting for this but once the plastic wrap was cut at 6pm, it was on like Donkey Kong. A whole bunch of kids, dads and moms came bum rushing. It was like the black fridays of old where the pepper spray had to be used. Funny thing was that this was the ONLY item in the store that it happened with. There were only 6 duplo and 18 regular boxes. They were all gone within 20 seconds. :clap:

Pretty much the same in my Wal mart.