Kroger Super Angry Kitty 70817 $3 deal

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
StClair
Count
Count

Kroger Super Angry Kitty 70817 $3 deal

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Noticed an endcap at my local Kroger store with 2 shelves full of Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack #70817 for $9.99 or with Kroger card $3!!!
I didn't see any details about a quantity limit or when deal ends. I bought 7 and had no problem at the register with price or quantity. Of course this may be only at certain Kroger locations. I found them on an endcap 2 aisles over from the LEGO aisle (near the hotwheels) and facing grocery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Final_Sign1
I'm New !

Re: Kroger Super Angry Kitty 70817 $3 deal

Post by Final_Sign1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Was this in Richmond?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can read your receipt! :)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Final_Sign1 wrote:Was this in Richmond?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can read your receipt! :)
Yes. Richmond Ky. Are you also in KY? (there's probably a Richmond in every state)

Final_Sign1
I'm New !

Post by Final_Sign1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:06 pm

I'm in Lexington, I just remembered from an earlier post of yours that you seemed to be in richmond, but had checked stores in Lexington also. I actually grew up in Richmond and my sister still lives there. :)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Final_Sign1 wrote:I'm in Lexington, I just remembered from an earlier post of yours that you seemed to be in richmond, but had checked stores in Lexington also. I actually grew up in Richmond and my sister still lives there. :)
Very cool! I see almost no posts from people in KY on ToysNBricks although many don't post their location so its a possibility that others may be in KY but just don't post their locations.

911diecast
Citizen
Citizen

Post by 911diecast » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm

One of my Kroger affiliate stores is going through a remodel and assistant manager told me toys are going to be completely removed and not put back.

Final_Sign1
I'm New !

Post by Final_Sign1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Since my sister lives in Richmond she was kind enough to go pick some up for me earlier in the week at $3.

She just texted me that there are still around 30 left and they are now marked down to $1.5

She bought more but didn't buy them all. Why would Krogers mark this set down so much? Isn't it a new set that was released in Jan?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 pm

911diecast wrote:One of my Kroger affiliate stores is going through a remodel and assistant manager told me toys are going to be completely removed and not put back.
I'm assuming a lot of their stores are undergoing remodels. With my last purchase I received a printout informing customers of changes. My store will NOT be losing toys (according to the printout) but based upon what 911diecast stated I'm assuming different stores in different areas are undergoing different changes.

Apparently my local store will be furniture & decor department to be replaced with apparel. The paper I have states this applies to Georgetown and Richmond KY stores.

I'm assuming that other locations may be losing toys or other departments to be replaced with something else (maybe apparel?).

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Final_Sign1 wrote:Since my sister lives in Richmond she was kind enough to go pick some up for me earlier in the week at $3.

She just texted me that there are still around 30 left and they are now marked down to $1.5

She bought more but didn't buy them all. Why would Krogers mark this set down so much? Isn't it a new set that was released in Jan?
I too am confused about the price of this one particular set. It is new. It doesn't seem that this location is losing the toy department (see my last post). Several other sets are marked "closeout" with very slight discounts but only a few. It appears they are phasing out only a few sets to make way for other sets. The other discounted sets (marked "closeout") are only discounted about 15% off (far from close to the same discount as the Angry Kitty set). I'm shocked they dropped it even further to $1.5 so quickly. If I didn't have to much cleaning to do I would consider going back out for a couple more. There are a few interesting pieces (different colors and printed pieces) that would be worth $1.5. Thanks for the update Final_Sign1 :-)

The other sets that I noticed a couple of days ago marked "closeout" were less than 25% (not as good as Amazon prices) but maybe they'll drop in the future. A couple that I remembered were the Hulk Smash set (one with Falcon) and all four Chima Legend Beast sets ($8.50 I think). The others were a few random sets that I've forgotten (sorry).

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:22 pm

When I went on Kroger web site and entered my zip code all it showed me is Food4Less stores, it that the same? I'm in IL and wondering if F4L is the same as Kroger....
VENI VIDI VICI

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:40 pm

No sign of that set at the Durham, NC Krogers (15-501 road). The slots for other LEGO sets were empty, but there were no clearance signs on the tags.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:47 pm

lordoflego wrote:When I went on Kroger web site and entered my zip code all it showed me is Food4Less stores, it that the same? I'm in IL and wondering if F4L is the same as Kroger....
Sorry. I've never heard of Food4LEss.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:01 pm

911diecast wrote:One of my Kroger affiliate stores is going through a remodel and assistant manager told me toys are going to be completely removed and not put back.
What do you mean by "affiliate stores"? Is that an imprint that Korger owns, but is not called a Kroger like a City Market or King Soopers?

King

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm

StClair wrote:
lordoflego wrote:When I went on Kroger web site and entered my zip code all it showed me is Food4Less stores, it that the same? I'm in IL and wondering if F4L is the same as Kroger....
Sorry. I've never heard of Food4LEss.
Kroger owns Food4Less. They are in the Midwest and California.

King

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 pm

They also own Ralph's and Fry's foods.

SSchmidt
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by SSchmidt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 am

Man, I live in Ashland. Hope there are some sets around here, unbelievably good find.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am

Final_Sign1 wrote:Since my sister lives in Richmond she was kind enough to go pick some up for me earlier in the week at $3.

I stopped by Kroger today (Richmond KY). The entire toy department had been moved to the back left side of the store and was already set up. The Super Angry Kitty sets were on a regular shelf spot and back to REGULAR price ($9.99). They only had about 7 left. I'm assuming they had way too many of this particular set and just marked them down to move them? I was very disappointed to find that the sets that were slightly marked down (marked closeout and on regular spots with other LEGO items were GONE. There was no sign of any clearance or closeout LEGO. I asked several people and they told me to check an area by Pet food. One person told me that if they were discontinued items they were probably shipped off. I had hope to pick up a few for 40-50% off but apparently they were shipped off before being marked down further. Unless they marked them down drastically over the weekend and they sold them all... OR they moved them to the back and will move them out to a clearance spot later on. Sorry if I got everyone's hopes up. I'm guessing this deal was only in a few locations because of overstock and store remodel.