NEW DC Super Hero Girls & LEGO Sets with Warner Brothers & DC

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

NEW DC Super Hero Girls & LEGO Sets with Warner Brothers & DC

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:10 pm

DC Entertainment and Warner Brothers has announced that they will be partnering up with Mattel and LEGO to create new toys for the new DC Super Hero Girls line. This is a new super hero universe targeted towards girls. Expected release is in fall 2015.

You can read more of the press release on DC Comics and Warner Brothers. What do you think of this new Super Heroes theme for girls?

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/new-dc-super-her ... others-dc/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: NEW DC Super Hero Girls & LEGO Sets with Warner Brothers

Post by Eek » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:12 am

I hope that they use minifigures, but they'll probably use mini-dolls.

That art style would translate to mini-dolls really well. If they do make them as mini-dolls, I hope they start printing the lower lash lines.

Cadenreigns
I'm New !

Post by Cadenreigns » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 am

Like Eek said, I really hope these are minifigs. Wanting to make Lego more attractive to both genders is great, but by using those dolls it just creates separation that practically splits the franchise in two. Market it however you like, but I actually think the Friends sets would sell better if they just used minifigs as it would basically be a more vibrant extension of the city sets. Same goes for the Disney and Elves.

CasualBuilder
I'm New !

Post by CasualBuilder » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 am

As an AFOL and a parent of a daughter, I am just glad that they are finally offering girl superhero sets. The friends sets are nice, but they need more action. I too prefer the minifigs, but may daughter LOVES the mini dolls so we are happy either way.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 am

The Elves mini dolls are great looking so hopefully these will be too. They won't use mini figures because then what's the difference between these and the Super Hero line?

jimmy89
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jimmy89 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 am

Cute set, all heroes looking beauty :mrgreen:

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:46 am

I think they will be mini dolls too. Who is going to integrate them into Heart Lake?

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Excited for more opportunities to collect DC Super Heroes themed sets! Even if they are mini-dolls :) (just keep those minifigs and bigfigs coming!)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Even if they are mini-dolls I'm excited. Its great for female fans (I know so many people that have daughters in the 4-12 range that grumble about females missing in the toy line ups). I'm not sure that I would try to collect them all IF they are mini-dolls but I would definitely buy a few I think. I would much prefer they be regular minifigures but I too am guessing they won't be. IF they are mini-dolls does anyone think there is a chance they will fix the legs so that they can move independently?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:48 pm

StClair wrote:IF they are mini-dolls does anyone think there is a chance they will fix the legs so that they can move independently?
I don't think they will any time soon but it really needs to happen. It would improve the minidolls a lot imho.

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:44 pm

I was very excited to add these to my must buy list, but if they are indeed mini dolls.. I most likely will not collect them. Yay for my wallet, boo for my minfigure collection.
If the sets themselves are a must have then that's one thing, but I'd much rather be able to integrate my minifigures. Even bigfigs is pushing it for me

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:40 pm

What I wish is that both minifig and minidoll versions were available for characters. I would LOVE to have Frozen minifigs but despite all of the recent attempts to brainwash girls against dolls most of them still love dolls. Dolls go way the heck back to the some of the oldest times in human history so, yes, dolls are here to stay and probably minidolls will always be the default for girls with Lego.

Still, why should that mean no minifig versions? Why not do both? The CMF series seems to sell relatively well so how about a line of minifigs based off the more popular minidolls?

I've seen the minidolls and they are fine for what they are but I lived through Jack Stone. To me, minidolls aren't far from that.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 am

Brainwash? Legos should have just released minifigures in the Friends and Princess lines but called them minidolls and denied, denied, denied when people tried to say they were the same things.

EDIT: On another note, Lego really needs a new dress piece instead of printed slopes. Slightly shorter to match height with the legs and similar, longer connectors so it doesn't separate from the torso. Such an easy change, WTF won't they do it?

stclaire
Peasant
Peasant

Post by stclaire » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Cadenreigns wrote:I actually think the Friends sets would sell better if they just used minifigs as it would basically be a more vibrant extension of the city sets. Same goes for the Disney and Elves.
Unfortunately, it would not. TLG actually originally was going to use minifigs (makes sense as it would be cheaper to just use the same molds and such), but the girls in focus groups didn't respond well. They really wanted figures that were more curvy and "pretty". Blame it on how we raise them on this stuff from birth, but by the time they are old enough for Lego it's pretty engrained in them.

And while most of us AFOLs are uncomfortable with mixing minifigs and minidolls, kids actually don't generally mind at all and are happy to combine in play. Personally, I also wish they were all minifigs (but I do love the new hair pieces), but TLG did their research, and this is what it takes to make most girls interested in Lego. On the plus side, I'm very happy that TLG is doing so well so that they will be able to continue making Lego for years to come.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 pm

It's the same as the color change of the greys. Instead of just adding new more metal looking treys they change them. The real reason was because the new greys have more blue in them and boys liked them more. So silly.

My problem with mini dolls isn't the legs, even though that's annoying, it's the hands don't move. So now we have have it wear mini dolls can't hold on to bikes and such.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:It's the same as the color change of the greys. Instead of just adding new more metal looking treys they change them. The real reason was because the new greys have more blue in them and boys liked them more. So silly.

My problem with mini dolls isn't the legs, even though that's annoying, it's the hands don't move. So now we have have it wear mini dolls can't hold on to bikes and such.
I agree. Here's a link to so info that others have provided in regards to modifying the hands and legs http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/01/lego ... c-surgery/

minifigsee
I'm New !

Post by minifigsee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 am

I am expecting my niece to be really into these if they are indeed "friends" style mini-dolls