Target summer clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
minifigW
Knight
Knight

Target summer clearance

Post by minifigW » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Noticed a few markdowns at our local target.

Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer $91.01 (was 129.99)
Castle Calvary $8.98 (was 29.99)
Creator monkey $9.98 (was 19.99)

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target summer clearance

Post by tensider » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:32 pm

I had a strange instance today where Brickseek inventory app showed the Ultra Agents HQ for $73.99 earlier in the day, but then it jumped back up to $99 later. Haven't been able to get to a store to confirm.

Kainzzo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kainzzo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:38 pm

I know this was a store return and the only reason it made it there BUT it was still a clearance find. Perhaps my best ever! it was on the 30% off shelf for 139.99 and I got another 5% off using the Target card. Happy day since I was planning on this purchase in a future Lego Shop promotion.

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Kainzzo wrote:I know this was a store return and the only reason it made it there BUT it was still a clearance find. Perhaps my best ever! it was on the 30% off shelf for 139.99 and I got another 5% off using the Target card. Happy day since I was planning on this purchase in a future Lego Shop promotion.

DANG!!!

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:50 am

I've noticed that a lot of the $20 superhero from 2014 such as the one with Spiderman Doc chase, the star blaster showdown and the batman set with the Man-Bat minfig are all below retail price. some r 15.99 whiles others are 17.99. However they aren't marked on "Clearance". Is this a sign they will be marked down later in the future?

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:44 am

KrashX wrote:I've noticed that a lot of the $20 superhero from 2014 such as the one with Spiderman Doc chase, the star blaster showdown and the batman set with the Man-Bat minfig are all below retail price. some r 15.99 whiles others are 17.99. However they aren't marked on "Clearance". Is this a sign they will be marked down later in the future?
I noticed this as well, It might just mean that they where not selling as well so they marked em down a little, but some sets have jumped in price as well, as much as 25% in some places

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:21 pm

I think it means they are nearing their end of life on the shelves. Target seems to lower the prices of a lot of the Lego items that have been around for a while and are near the end. However, because the prices ARE lower, the supply might not make it to the point where they will be put on clearance.
This is not necessarily fact, but it is what I have observed from Target.

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 am

omg when is the clearance gonna start I'm so excited lol

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:31 pm

probably after july fourth, thats what a manager told me at least for walmart

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:14 am

I've been monitoring the price on the Ultra Agents Mission HQ 70165 (DCPI 204-00-0226) and it's finally going on clearance (though not yet at all stores). In the Raleigh/Durham area many stores had dropped it to $89. One store had it for $69 (bought that one, sorry).

I also saw the Ultra Agents driller for $20 instead of $29 on clearance. They two or three Chima sets on clearance (Ice Mammoth and another large Chima set) but the discounted price wasn't particularly awesome. Maybe $89 rather than $99?

They had the Milano for $69 instead of the marked retail of $99. I couldn't get both that and the HQ, and even at $69 it's still a pretty expensive set for what you get :(

juflosolo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by juflosolo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:04 pm

I stopped by Target today and they started the summer Toy clearance (North Texas)

The below sets where at 30% off MSRP clearance stickers

Chima 70145 Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper
Chima 70146 Flying Phoenix Fire Temple
Chima 70144 Laval's Fire Lion
Chima 70142 Eris' Fire Eagle Flyer
Hobbit 79017 The Battle of Five Armies
Ultra Agents 70169 Agent Stealth Patrol
City 60003 Fire Emergency
Creator 31018 Highway Cruiser

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:56 pm

UA Ultracopter 70170 for $48.98!
A great set at a great price.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:13 pm

tensider wrote:I've been monitoring the price on the Ultra Agents Mission HQ 70165 (DCPI 204-00-0226) and it's finally going on clearance (though not yet at all stores). In the Raleigh/Durham area many stores had dropped it to $89. One store had it for $69 (bought that one, sorry).

I also saw the Ultra Agents driller for $20 instead of $29 on clearance. They two or three Chima sets on clearance (Ice Mammoth and another large Chima set) but the discounted price wasn't particularly awesome. Maybe $89 rather than $99?

They had the Milano for $69 instead of the marked retail of $99. I couldn't get both that and the HQ, and even at $69 it's still a pretty expensive set for what you get :(
I bought the Ice Mammoth (on clearance.. can't remember the price that I paid) recently. Although I have almost no use for the minifigures I was very pleased with the build. Some interesting parts (especially the many joints.. legs and trunk) and it was interesting to build. In regards to the minifigures I really wish that the elephant heads(head coverings) didn't have things printed on them. It would have been great to have elephant heads with nothing printed on them. Oh and the trunks for the elephants were half bone? I'm sure it has something to do with the Chima story but... I'm rambling at this point. Happy 4th of July to everyone that celebrates it.

breal1
I'm New !

Post by breal1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Hope this helps.......
Here are some deals that I found in a Slidell, LA Target

70167 Ultra Agents Invizable Gold Getaway $16.98
70168 Ultra Agents Drillex Diamond Job $20.98
70169 Ultra Agents Agent Stealth Patrol $34.98
70726 Nijago Destructoid $21.62
70223 Chima Icebite's Claw Driller $34.98
70142 Chima Eris' Fire Eagle Flyer $20.98
70144 Chima Laval's Fire Lion $35.68
70229 Chima Lion Tribe Pack $6.98
70145 Chima Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper $62.98
70146 Chima Flying Phoenix Fire Temple
76021 Marvel The Milano Spaceship Rescue $69.98
76020 Marvel Knowhere Escape Mission $27.98

I also found different pricing (*) at a Target in Metairie, LA
70169 Ultra Agents Agent Stealth Patrol $42.48*
70142 Chima Eris' Fire Eagle Flyer $25.48*
70144 Chima Laval's Fire Lion $43.34*
60047 City Police Station $96.04
60003 City Fire Emergency $34.84
60035 Arctic Outpost $43.34

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:07 pm

In San Diego I saw a sort and store head for just over $30 marked down from $43, a really odd sounding price. Anyway I left it behind, hoping it will go lower since we don't really need it, it just sounded like it would be fun to have, but not $30 fun :)
I saw a couple of ladies loading up on mega blocks and other toys but didn't see anyone buying any LEGO at the time so the clearance must not have ramped up yet for LEGO. Last year I somehow must have hit the 50% off right on the nose as they were tons of sets at 50% off, but I only went for things I recognized like star wars and city, leaving chima and other stuff behind. Here's hoping this Thursday will be a good mark down for everyone at target :)

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:42 pm

Well I went and was able to get the joker steam roller and the sort and store head as well as a couple of LEGO movie sets. The joker steam roller had a huge 30% sign and there were tons but they were marked 50% off and I lucked out and the cartwheel app gave me 20% off. I got metal beards duel and the melting room on clearance, plus cloud cuckoo land was just marked price reduced to just over $18, but I got it for about $15. These aren't phenomenal prices but I was really hoping for some LEGO movie sets to go on sale as we are late to the party on the LEGO movie but really enjoyed it and I wanted to get some main characters, since I missed out on the collectible minifigures. I only wish they had Benny's spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP!! I resisted the urge to buy Emmet's couch but probably should have seeing I got 20% off of cloud cuckoo land, but I was beginning to think I had bought too many things and would have trouble sneaking all of this into the house, ha! Upon further reflection I should have gotten the couch since it has a bunch of main characters including my favorite, Benny. Maybe I'll use my saved points to buy it at the LEGO store next time I'm there. I know these are supposed to be for my kids but cloud cuckoo land is definitely for me :). I'm fighting the urge to go down to the basement and play with it, I promise I won't kragle it!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:30 am

grommom wrote:Well I went and was able to get the joker steam roller and the sort and store head as well as a couple of LEGO movie sets. The joker steam roller had a huge 30% sign and there were tons but they were marked 50% off and I lucked out and the cartwheel app gave me 20% off. I got metal beards duel and the melting room on clearance, plus cloud cuckoo land was just marked price reduced to just over $18, but I got it for about $15. These aren't phenomenal prices but I was really hoping for some LEGO movie sets to go on sale as we are late to the party on the LEGO movie but really enjoyed it and I wanted to get some main characters, since I missed out on the collectible minifigures. I only wish they had Benny's spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP!! I resisted the urge to buy Emmet's couch but probably should have seeing I got 20% off of cloud cuckoo land, but I was beginning to think I had bought too many things and would have trouble sneaking all of this into the house, ha! Upon further reflection I should have gotten the couch since it has a bunch of main characters including my favorite, Benny. Maybe I'll use my saved points to buy it at the LEGO store next time I'm there. I know these are supposed to be for my kids but cloud cuckoo land is definitely for me :). I'm fighting the urge to go down to the basement and play with it, I promise I won't kragle it!
Those were good deals. I gave up trying to find the Joker Steam Roller at big discount. I found it for $5 below retail and bought it. Cloud cuckoo land is a great set. I love both the minifigures and the colors in the set.

Emmet's couch is well worth the full retail price. I didn't buy any of the big Movie sets so I was very excited to finally get Benny and another version of Unikitty in a cheap set. The cars a cool little build and I love the medium blue tiles in the set. Emmet's couch should be around for a little white. Its a newer set while Cloud Cuckoo land, Metalbeard and others have been around for a while. Those are the sets that I would watch extra vigilantly so that you don't miss them.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 am

StClair wrote:
Those were good deals. I gave up trying to find the Joker Steam Roller at big discount. I found it for $5 below retail and bought it. Cloud cuckoo land is a great set. I love both the minifigures and the colors in the set.

Emmet's couch is well worth the full retail price. I didn't buy any of the big Movie sets so I was very excited to finally get Benny and another version of Unikitty in a cheap set. The cars a cool little build and I love the medium blue tiles in the set. Emmet's couch should be around for a little white. Its a newer set while Cloud Cuckoo land, Metalbeard and others have been around for a while. Those are the sets that I would watch extra vigilantly so that you don't miss them.
Thanks, I'm glad I picked the ones that might not still be available, as there were only 2 left of each, and still a bunch of the double decker couch :)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:19 am

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:12 pm

not much on clearance in my area. 15% off on twin blade creator, city fire emergency, and ultra agents stealth patrol. thats it :down: :down:

my targets near me suck.

oh btw movie drop ship was 30% off but I couldn't afford it at the time.