LEGO Bricks & Pieces Haul

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
StClair
Count
Count

LEGO Bricks & Pieces Haul

Post by StClair » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:39 am

This may be useful for those learning about Bricks & Pieces but also for those that have seen parts in sets and have questions about them. This is my first post of a "haul" of any sort so forgive me for rambling or making mistakes please.
100_5978.jpg
Its easy to confuse Pick-A-Brick and Bricks & Pieces. I don't live near an official LEGO store so I don't have regular access to a Pick-A-Brick wall so I love having access to parts with Bricks & Pieces. Of all of the options though a Pick-A-Brick wall offers the best prices.

My order arrived in a bubble-wrap lined mailer. Since discovering Bricks & Pieces I've placed several orders and all of them shipped in a similar fashion. I'm not sure if very large orders would ship in a box or if all ship this way.
100_5979.jpg
Torso's and Legs:
Its easy to find pick out lots of minifigure parts. I usually pick out too many and then have to remove some from my cart.

Pictured are the torso's and legs that I ordered. On the top left we have Catwoman's torso from Classic TV Series Batcave set #76052. Neither her hairpiece or face were available. In green we have the Riddler's torso and legs from the same set.

The black and blue torso belongs to Blue Beetle from Scarecrow: Harvest of Fear set #76054. I really like the colors and printing and think that the torso may be interesting to use in sci-fi space mocs.

The torso with the sweater is from Fun in the Park: City People Pack set #60134.

In red we have a female red torso from a Nexo Knight set. If I remember correctly it is the torso of Lavaria. It is available in Jestro's Volcano Lair set #70323 (and I think several others). The legs are also from Nexo Knights sets. They should be useful for monsters.
100_5987.jpg
Printed tiles:
I only bought four of the small 1x1 printed tiles of each Nexo Knight. I need to buy the others in future orders. The blue one takes me back to my childhood with the Falcon Knights (although there are slight differences I'm sure).

I love those goofy round 2x2 printed tiles (also from Nexo Knights sets).
100_6004_collage.jpg
Yet another purchase for my medieval themed builds. The torso and dress piece belongs to Nexo Knight minifigure Queen Halbert from Infernox captures the Queen set #70325.
100_5980.jpg
Minifigures heads!!!
My minifigure head collection has grown a lot since I returned to LEGO as an adult. I love having mixing and matching heads and hairpieces to make new characters. I always buy extra for my son and friends.

I tried to create columns of each head. In each column I tried to turn 1x backwards to display its alternate printing if its double sided. Either Lance Richmond's head is not double sided or I forgot to turn one backwards.

Top row: From left to right we have 4x Nexo Knight: Chef Eclair heads (set 70317), 2x Lance Richmond heads (70312), 1x Axl head (70322), 1x Ava Prentice head (70324), 2x Queen Halbert heads (set 70325).

2nd row: six different enemy heads from various Nexo Knights sets. The first two have printing on the back but its not an alternate expression (as you can see in the photo). The remaining four each have slightly different expressions on the back).

Bottom row: 6x lady face with glasses (set 60134), 6x Louis Tulley heads (75827). In set #75827 Louis Tulley is seen with two different faces so I assumed that it is double sided. I wanted the other face. Apparently it is NOT double sided. *Bummer. 4x Jestro heads (Nexo Knight 70316), 6x man with mustache heads (set 60134), 6x Moltor heads (70313) which has back printing but its not an alternate expression, 6x Aaron Fox heads with beaming smile and freckles (set 70313).

*I'm listening to a Jangbricks review while writing this to discover the truth behind the Louis Tulley head.*
Update: Louis Tulley has 2x different heads in the set. One is double sided and one is not. Thanks Jang!
100_5981.jpg
100_5982.jpg
Hair:
From left to right: Classic Joker (from TV series Batcave) different green than previous Joker minifigures), white hairpiece (set 60134), Beast/prince hair (Belle's Enchanted Castle 41067), white long hair (librarian 75827), Dark Brown long hair (Dana 75827). Both the white and dark brown hair pieces are the same part (just in different colors).
100_5983.jpg
Hats and helmets From left to right:
New hoods with "elf" ears!
-Blue (Medium Azur) Mini doll wig, hood w/ears No.2 design #26543 from Elves: set #41180 used for Naida minifigure.
-Magneta (BR.red-viol.) Mini doll wig, hood w/ears No.1 design #26536 from Elves: set #41179 used for Azari minifigure. NOTE each hood has different skin tone colors and a different design on the top of the hood
-Orange (BR orange) Hood for Cloak design #98011 (set 76058) used for Hobgoblin minifig
-Silver (Silver Met.) Mini crash helmet design #30124 from various sets and available in lots of colors
-Silver (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No. 4 (design #22400) from Nexo Knight set #70314 used for Macy Halbert minifig
-Purple (Medium Lavendel) Top Hat - Mini figure (design #3878)) from Batman set #76052 used for the Penguin minifigure
-Light grey (Med. St-Grey) ninja hoods (design #96034) from Ninjago set #70590
-Dark brown (DK. brown) Peasant/Farmer cap/hood (design #4505) from set #70314
-Silver (Silver Met.) knight visor (design #22395) from Nexo Knight set #70322 used for Axl minifig
-brown/tan (DK.ora) scarecrow hat with hair (design #20606) from DC comics set #67054
-Black (Black) goblin hat /mini hat No.27 (design #18984) from Nexo Knight set #70323 used for Bookkeeper minifigure NOTE -has red ears
-Purple (BR.red-viol.) goblin hat/mini hat No.27 (design #18984) from Marvel set #76057 used for Green Goblin minifigure NOTE -has green ears (not sure of particular green color).
-Black (Black) mini helmet No. 89 (design #22425) from Nexo Knight set #70315 (and others) used for Ash Attacker minifigure
100_5985.jpg
100_5991.jpg
I love these "Elf" hoods with ears! I really, really want to see one with yellow ears! Maybe in a dark green?

The peasant hat (farmer cap) is very useful in medieval builds. Its been around for long time and in different brown colors. I was very happy to see it re-appear in a set because I needed some.

I'm a little excited about the black Nexo Knight Ash Attacker helmet. It reminds me a little of the hat created for Mola Ram from Indiana Jones. It has spots for horns or attachments on either side.
100_5986.jpg
100_5990.jpg
I've always liked these "Jedi" hoods because they can be used in so many different themes and time periods. Is this the first time that its been created in this bright orange color? I've seen them in different browns, dark red, white, black, grey and blue so far.

To the best of my knowledge the top hat had only appeared in black before but its possible that I missed an appearance in a different color. I would love to see it in more colors and also different sizes for variety in historical city scenes.

AND the scarecrow hat! I LOVE this hat with hair hanging down. Its been used at least once in CMF 14 for the Wacky Witch but in different colors (purple hat and grey hair). $3.10 from Bricks & Pieces (ouch)
100_5988.jpg
100_5989.jpg
Another that I love is this Green Goblin hat with ears. Its been used before with the goblin from CMF series 13 (brown with ears in a different green) and again in black (with red ears) in the Nexo Knight theme. Also its been used for Green Goblin in a LEGO Juniors set and a Mighty Micros set. The purple and green may be different in those versions of Green Goblin. $2.66 on Bricks & Pieces

Remember the Ninja theme from the late 1990's? I remember seeing these hoods in those sets and then it was used again in some of the early Ninjago sets. I'm glad to see them re-appear again for more variety. I really liked finding it in this light grey in case I want to use them for plain grey sculptures.
100_6019.jpg
I discussed these "Elf" hoods earlier in the post. Again note that each has different designs on the top of the hood AND each has different skin tone colors used for the ears. There is another available in a purplish-lavender color in another Elf set. I don't have it yet. As I mentioned earlier I really hope to see these in different colors with yellow ears.
100_6015_collage.jpg
100_6016_collage.jpg
This blue color doesn't really match any of the minifigures that I quickly gathered for photographs. Hopefully in the future I can find a use for it. I suppose with a matching blue cape it would look OK on a minifigure of different colors.

It looks very nice with regular minifigures I think (not just Friends and Elves mini-dolls)
100_5992.jpg
Misc parts:
Grey (MED. St-grey) Torso No.1 (design #24078) from Nexo Knights set #70327 used for various "bots" in the Nexo Knight theme
Green (DK.Green) Wing for minifigure (design #93250) from Marvel: set #76059 used for Vulture minifigure (and others in the past in different colors)
Red (BR.red) Creature Body No.26 W.arm No.1 (design #24133) from Nexo Knights set #70315 (and others) used for "scurrier" figures
Black (Black) beard for mage (design #10052) from Ninjago set #70595 used for (is it?) Master Yang
Green (Sand Green) Minifigure Trophy (design #90398) from Architecture: 21028
White (White) Minifigure Trophy (design #90398) from Architecture: 21026
Black (Black) Mini Pony Tail (design #22411) from Marvel set #76059 used for White Tiger minifigure
100_5993_collage.jpg
100_5996_collage.jpg
I love these little guys! The LEGO site refers to them as "scurriers" and there are several different variations (different printing/faces).

I love the face of this one. His looks very mischievous. Their arms move but the hands don't come off. There are holes on both sides of the head. In the Nexo Knight sets they are used to attach horns. There is also a hole in the back for a tail.
100_6001.jpg
Hats and hairpieces fit on these guys! But... the shape of the body does limit which hats and hairpieces fit. As you can see this hat doesn't fit.
100_5997_collage.jpg
Here is the "goblin hat" used for the Bookkeeper minifigure on my scurrier!
100_5999_collage.jpg
And the top hat works as well.
100_6002_collage.jpg
I couldn't quickly find any red "horn" pieces so I used different colors. In the future I'll try different parts to see how they work. Note the top hat sits above the holes for horns so it works with horns. Some hair and hat pieces extend down past the holes.
100_6006.jpg
Knight Helmets and Shoulder Armor

I'm still waiting to get a few of the other visor parts from Nexo Knights.

The one on the right is the one that I most wanted though so I'm happy. Just a bigger more bulky visor than we've seen in the past for medieval themes.

They look nice with the shoulder armor. NOTE the shoulder armor on the left is a different color than the other.
100_6008.jpg

The back of the shoulder armor has stud's to attach parts which is useful but looks horrible for those that want to use them for traditional medieval mocs.

Also there is the "hole" in the front that affects which torso may or may not look OK with the armor.

Nearly every armor piece like these that I've seen has orange on the shoulders. It was great to find some without extra colors.
100_6007.jpg
Side view with armor.

Bricks & Pieces info:
-Armor (Titan. Metal) Armor No.17 (design #22402) from Nexo Knights set #70326 used for Robin Underwood minifigure
-Armor... the second armor piece is in Silver Met. color but I don't remember the set that I found it in. The design # is the same as the one above.
-Visors (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No.3 (design #22395) from Nexo Knights set #70317 used for Axl minifigure
-Visors (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No.4 (design #22400) from Nexo Knights set #70314 used for Macy Halbert minifigure
100_6010.jpg
100_6011.jpg
100_6009.jpg
From the front these look good with armor. From a side view though the first visor sticks out a lot. Maybe a little too much? with armor though it isn't as noticeable.
100_6012.jpg
NOTE the second visor (on right) has a larger hole on top (for plumes) than visors that we've seen in the past. The traditional plumes won't fit. This one is supposed to work with Mini Pony Tail (design #22411) but I really struggled to fit it into the hole.
100_5984.jpg
Helmets for army building. I've seen these in several different colors over the years.
-Grey (Silver Met.) Steel Helmet (design #30273)
NOTE this is not the super shiny color that was available years ago in Castle themes although I really like this variation.
They are also currently available in BR.Blue in Nexo Knights sets.

I hope this was helpful or interesting to someone. Thanks for reading and best wishes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Bricks & Pieces Haul

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Some of the pricing is weird/ Like Marge's torso is 71 cents when Pick a Brick is 80 cents for blah ones. Yet others are 2.50$.

This is a great topic, and I'm curious, how is shipping costs done? Is it by weight or a set price?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Some of the pricing is weird/ Like Marge's torso is 71 cents when Pick a Brick is 80 cents for blah ones. Yet others are 2.50$.

This is a great topic, and I'm curious, how is shipping costs done? Is it by weight or a set price?
Thank you! I agree the pricing is very odd at times. The Marge one is a great example.

Is shipping fees determined by weight or set price is a great question.

I've had very little experience with shipping costs with Bricks & Pieces. I try to place B&Pieces orders at the same time that I order other items so that the entire order will ship for free (even though the Bricks&Pieces order ships separately).

This particular order (that photographed and shared) actually was one of my few stand alone Bricks & Pieces orders and I was charged shipping. The shipping for this order was $2.95. I've never ordered any exceptionally large items so I'm not sure if that would affect price.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:14 pm

StClair wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:
I've had very little experience with shipping costs with Bricks & Pieces. I try to place B&Pieces orders at the same time that I order other items so that the entire order will ship for free (even though the Bricks&Pieces order ships separately).

This particular order (that photographed and shared) actually was one of my few stand alone Bricks & Pieces orders and I was charged shipping. The shipping for this order was $2.95. I've never ordered any exceptionally large items so I'm not sure if that would affect price.

Thanks for the info! I never even knew you could combine your Bricks and pieces order with a normal order? Do you have to place the whole order over the phone?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
StClair wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:

Thanks for the info! I never even knew you could combine your Bricks and pieces order with a normal order? Do you have to place the whole order over the phone?
No. I did it online. Just be sure to write down some of the design id numbers for parts that interest you in case you don't finish your order in one sitting. It doesn't keep items in your cart if you come back the next day.

I'm currently trying to determine if Bricks&Pieces orders contribute towards the threshold for promotional items. I was certain that my last order $68 plus Bricks&Pieces order of $21.33 added the London bus to my cart but now that I'm going back and checking order confirmation and shipping confirmation it isn't showing up. BUT just to test it I just added $68 (in items) to my cart plus about $11 of Bricks & Pieces items and it did add the set to my order... then I deleted the order.

I'm very curious to see if the London bus will show up when the order arrives. I'm going back through previous posts to see what others said in regards to this. I can't remember.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 pm

StClair wrote: I'm currently trying to determine if Bricks&Pieces orders contribute towards the threshold for promotional items. I was certain that my last order $68 plus Bricks&Pieces order of $21.33 added the London bus to my cart but now that I'm going back and checking order confirmation and shipping confirmation it isn't showing up. BUT just to test it I just added $68 (in items) to my cart plus about $11 of Bricks & Pieces items and it did add the set to my order... then I deleted the order.

I'm very curious to see if the London bus will show up when the order arrives. I'm going back through previous posts to see what others said in regards to this. I can't remember.
From what I have heard online the B&P orders do NOT count towards promos or get counted for the rewards. However I didn't think they got counted for shipping either so who knows. If you can I'm sure they will send one out to you, best costumer service.

And yeah I picked some things I liked and went to cook singer and it was gone. So I screenshot it now. This will really help with saving a ton of money on just a few pieces from expensive sets.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:13 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
StClair wrote: I'm currently trying to determine if Bricks&Pieces orders contribute towards the threshold for promotional items. I was certain that my last order $68 plus Bricks&Pieces order of $21.33 added the London bus to my cart but now that I'm going back and checking order confirmation and shipping confirmation it isn't showing up. BUT just to test it I just added $68 (in items) to my cart plus about $11 of Bricks & Pieces items and it did add the set to my order... then I deleted the order.

From what I have heard online the B&P orders do NOT count towards promos or get counted for the rewards. However I didn't think they got counted for shipping either so who knows. If you can I'm sure they will send one out to you, best costumer service.

And yeah I picked some things I liked and went to cook singer and it was gone. So I screenshot it now. This will really help with saving a ton of money on just a few pieces from expensive sets.
I received part of my order (minus Bricks&Pieces... those will ship separately) and there was no Double Decker bus. I really doubt it will ship separately or almost certainly not ship with my Bricks&Pieces order so I think that its safe to say that Bricks&Pieces do contribute to the free shipping threshold.. but not towards free promotional items. I was less than $6 away from the $75 threshold (not counting the Bricks&Pieces order) for the Double Decker Bus I think. I would have added something to the order if I had known. Its OK though. I'm sure that if I contacted customer service there is a chance that they would send one... but I'm not going to bother. I'm happy to have access to Bricks&Pieces.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:45 am

This is great! Thanks for the continual updates!

david

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:34 am

I was waiting to see if the Disney Castle clock piece would be added and waited too long. The little snowman guy promo must have ran out last night.

(That's my excuse, reality is that I owe more on my student loans than I remembered. :lol: :cry: )

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:05 am

So I looked to see if the Disney Castle had any cool pieces, nope, not for sale. Then I checked a few other things, the 1966 Batcave set got rid of the Riddler's torso and Catwoman. Which sucks because I just came up with a good idea for a minifigure with those parts. So if you see the parts you like, buy them!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:So I looked to see if the Disney Castle had any cool pieces, nope, not for sale. Then I checked a few other things, the 1966 Batcave set got rid of the Riddler's torso and Catwoman. Which sucks because I just came up with a good idea for a minifigure with those parts. So if you see the parts you like, buy them!
I've also been checking for the Disney Castle :-D with no luck. Sorry that they already stopped availability of Riddler torso and Catwoman. At one point I was able to order both Sinestro and Green Lantern from the Green Lantern set (legs, torso, head and hair pieces) but it wasn't long before those were removed. Its seems some parts have a very short window of availability while others stick around for a while.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:58 pm

StClair wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:So I looked to see if the Disney Castle had any cool pieces, nope, not for sale. Then I checked a few other things, the 1966 Batcave set got rid of the Riddler's torso and Catwoman. Which sucks because I just came up with a good idea for a minifigure with those parts. So if you see the parts you like, buy them!
I've also been checking for the Disney Castle :-D with no luck. Sorry that they already stopped availability of Riddler torso and Catwoman. At one point I was able to order both Sinestro and Green Lantern from the Green Lantern set (legs, torso, head and hair pieces) but it wasn't long before those were removed. Its seems some parts have a very short window of availability while others stick around for a while.
No big deal, I just wish I had the money. I would have made a kick ass Catwoman when she isn't fully in disguise. I would have used the torso as part of a dress, then have her with Bruce Wane.

It's interesting how everything works. But I still haven't placed an order, lack of LEGO funds. However it's interesting that the Midway yellow minifigure is worth more on Bricklink than the Portal 2 woman, even though she is more expensive set, and have costly legs. Even LEGO's secondary value is weird.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:55 am

At the moment I don't have time to add detailed info about each piece or upload more pics of different items but I can provide info if needed. I can definitely share item numbers if needed. Just ask. I'm currently planning a blog in which I can post more detail info in the future.

Below is a photo of all the items that I purchased in my last order.
BricksNPieces_100_6422_smaller.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Would you mind telling what part number is the Angry Dad tile?
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:29 pm

captainrex803 wrote:Would you mind telling what part number is the Angry Dad tile?
If you are in a rush it is in set 71006 or 71016 and just look. There are a few fun ones in those sets.

I'm curious to what the piece (or set) that the title underneath and above the Disney clock piece.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:27 pm

The angry dad tile is 21661 and the set number is 71016 (As someone else suggested it has some fun parts)

Below and above the Disney clock piece...
Is it 1x2 white tile with the dragon? If so its from an Elves set and the part number is 26709
Or the large 1x2 blue tile that represents a LEGO set? Those blue tiles (including the other 2x2 tiles) are from set number 60097 (town square)
The large round "Mixies" piece is from Mixels set number 24624

If that isn't the part that you are asking about just let me know. I don't mind.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Just another question, what piece number is the LEGO Movie barista legs and torso?
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:35 pm

captainrex803 wrote:Just another question, what piece number is the LEGO Movie barista legs and torso?
No problem :-) Its actually from set 60097 Town Square. I'm not sure if its the exact same as the LEGO Movie barista or not. Also the yellow LEGO employee torso is from the same set.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 am

StClair wrote:
captainrex803 wrote:Just another question, what piece number is the LEGO Movie barista legs and torso?
No problem :-) Its actually from set 60097 Town Square. I'm not sure if its the exact same as the LEGO Movie barista or not. Also the yellow LEGO employee torso is from the same set.
Oh cool, I hadn't realized the yellow Torso was a LEGO employee one. Now I'll definitely need to get one

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:01 pm

The clock is OOS fro the Disney Castle. However the 'Once upon a time' tile piece is in stock for 25 cents. 27356

Really need to make an order before it closes for Christmas.