[WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP for One LEGO Item

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP for One LEGO Item

Post by wei11364 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 pm

r1chard wrote:So is this email notifications are only for those who ordered (or maybe not :lol: ) Mindstorm?

I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts Express.. I guess there's a train traffic from US to Canada :D

I hope BN will not cancel this coupon until the bigger PotC sets become available. :cry:
Unfortunately, this coupon is no longer valid for any of the lego sets online...... Party is over :o

Has anyone try to apply this coupon in store?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Yes, it works in store. No restrictions on Lego.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

so sad :cry:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:41 pm

yes, very sad, I was so hoping to get Queen Anne's Revenge at a discount. :(

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:44 pm

I guess I'll have to try instore.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:32 pm

The good news is we all got at least something for 30% off from the 2 weeks time frame we had. :)

All coupons and discounts were excluded for LEGO but I guess BN forgot to tick "Kids Club" coupon to not work. The Kids Club is kinda new so that could explain their carelessness. Well, BN will be smarter now with their "Kids Club".
r1chard wrote:So is this email notifications are only for those who ordered (or maybe not ) Mindstorm?

The email is for those that ordered the Mindstorm from June 5-6. There was a massive amount of people ordering it on those 2 days so all of their orders had been canceled.

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wei11364 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Ice wrote:The good news is we all got at least something for 30% off from the 2 weeks time frame we had. :)

All coupons and discounts were excluded for LEGO but I guess BN forgot to tick "Kids Club" coupon to not work. The Kids Club is kinda new so that could explain their carelessness. Well, BN will be smarter now with their "Kids Club".
r1chard wrote:So is this email notifications are only for those who ordered (or maybe not ) Mindstorm?

The email is for those that ordered the Mindstorm from June 5-6. There was a massive amount of people ordering it on those 2 days so all of their orders had been canceled.
Ice, thank you for sharing this coupon in the first place! I enjoyed the two weeks with it, the only regret is not getting the queen anne's revenge shipped!

The coupon can still be used over toys (other than Legos... ) and there is a kid's club promotion of B1G1 50% off PLUS this 30% off coupon - so this is still pretty good if you can find something else you need

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 pm

wei11364 wrote:
Ice, thank you for sharing this coupon in the first place! I enjoyed the two weeks with it, the only regret is not getting the queen anne's revenge shipped!

The coupon can still be used over toys (other than Legos... ) and there is a kid's club promotion of B1G1 50% off PLUS this 30% off coupon - so this is still pretty good if you can find something else you need
Your most welcome! I'm glad to know that almost everyone here in the forums got a great deal and what they wanted except for the Pirates of the Caribbean sets. You can tell that this deal is super popular when theres 100+ posts. :D

Unforunately, we'll probably never see a discount like this from BN from now on. :cry:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Ice wrote: Your most welcome! I'm glad to know that almost everyone here in the forums got a great deal and what they wanted except for the Pirates of the Caribbean sets. You can tell that this deal is super popular when theres 100+ posts. :D

Unforunately, we'll probably never see a discount like this from BN from now on. :cry:
Yes, thanks for posting it, I'm glad we got Flo's V8 Cafe :D Although I'm still hoping for a round of B&N Mystery Coupon Roulette soon....hopefully they will have it and usually you can at least use it in-store. Although that might be ruined too...tons of "slickdealers" ordered Mindstorms online w/ store pick-up at 50% off when that was offered in March (?).

One can still hope though.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:11 pm

LOL I dunno, I've done some pretty nice damage to B&N during the Mystery Coupon Roulette... I expect them to exlclude Lego next time around.... we'll see tho =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

wyneGuyA1
I'm New !

Post by wyneGuyA1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 am

I wanted to get Queen Anne's Revenge for 30% off

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:56 am

Ice wrote:Unforunately, we'll probably never see a discount like this from BN from now on. :cry:
Not really, don't you remember the Black Friday last year, do you?

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:11 am

what happened at the Black Friday last year? please tell me,.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:24 am

r1chard wrote:what happened at the Black Friday last year? please tell me,.

Lego 30% off. You will know more if you trace back to the posts at last year November.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooups, I think this may be seasonal sale for black friday, Christmas, and new year. Anyway, pay attention to our deal post :D

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:56 pm

am still sad :lol:

but the 30%-off coupon still works with the Lego Stormtrooper clock (Reg. $30) which happens to be BOGO1/2Price

Buy 2 for = $46.8

[30*.7 (coupon) + 30*.5 (BOGO1/2) ]*1.05 (tax) +6.5 (shipping item 1) + 2.5 (shipping item 2)

If you get the kids club $5 cash back for spending $100 and more, or $10 for cancelling an order you didn't made :lol: you may use it as well

Months ago I got email notifications giving me coupon discount which I can't seem to use online on any item, and this is to encourage me to make my first online purchase. The first email was 20%-off one item, I tried it didn't worked specially on lego so i just ignored it. then a second email with 50%-off one item, again it didn't worked, on any item. the codes i got are longer than the 7 letter-number-letter-... we usually use. but one time i called the CS said the first 7 characters worked but not on item specifically marked with can't use coupons on. then a 3rd email came with 70%-off. since i was busy that time, to call the CS and make a purchase, i tried it online myself but again didn't worked on any item, even the first 7 characters. i end up forgetting about it. then it expires only 1 week life spam.

funny thing is that when i called the CS and attempted to make a purchase and told her my 6 character alpha numeric postal code and ontario as my province she said their system is not accepting it. then i told her i live in canada, and the address went through.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:01 pm

I went to the actual B&N store today. They had a few of the Cars 2 sets, Flo's V8, Mack's Team Truck, and Escape at Sea I used a kids club 30% off coupon without issue to get Mack's Team Truck.

Questions for those who have used this coupon multiple times in-store. Can I assume you don't present your kids club and/or B&N reward card each time? Is B&N tracking coupon usage by account? I'm curious as to how sophisticated their system is and if they know when you've used the coupon. I'd like to accrue points on the kids club but would rather have the 30% off.

No PoTC sets (not even the smaller/cheaper ones) to be found though.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:59 pm

atmail35 wrote:I went to the actual B&N store today. They had a few of the Cars 2 sets, Flo's V8, Mack's Team Truck, and Escape at Sea I used a kids club 30% off coupon without issue to get Mack's Team Truck.

Questions for those who have used this coupon multiple times in-store. Can I assume you don't present your kids club and/or B&N reward card each time? Is B&N tracking coupon usage by account? I'm curious as to how sophisticated their system is and if they know when you've used the coupon. I'd like to accrue points on the kids club but would rather have the 30% off.

No PoTC sets (not even the smaller/cheaper ones) to be found though.
I have used the 30% off coupon multiple times in store with the Kids club and they said nothing...I think it cannot be tracked.

My brother want to use this coupon, but he doesnt have a kids club card...Can the coupon be used without the Kids Club?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:23 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:I have used the 30% off coupon multiple times in store with the Kids club and they said nothing...I think it cannot be tracked.
Thanks for the info.
gabriellee11 wrote:My brother want to use this coupon, but he doesnt have a kids club card...Can the coupon be used without the Kids Club?
I think he can. Today they asked me for my card. I don't have a card for my husband's account. They never mailed me one. Anyway, I went through great lengths to try and find the card number via my phone. Finally the lady was getting impatient and said, "well I don't need the card to use the coupon, BUT you won't get points for it". I finally found the card number. Tell your brother to tell them he doesn't have a card (i.e. doen't have it on him). They might ask for a phone number but tell them you don't give out your phone number. It should be accepted....maybe. Good luck!

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm

r1chard wrote:am still sad :lol:

Months ago I got email notifications giving me coupon discount which I can't seem to use online on any item, and this is to encourage me to make my first online purchase. The first email was 20%-off one item, I tried it didn't worked specially on lego so i just ignored it. then a second email with 50%-off one item, again it didn't worked, on any item. the codes i got are longer than the 7 letter-number-letter-... we usually use. but one time i called the CS said the first 7 characters worked but not on item specifically marked with can't use coupons on. then a 3rd email came with 70%-off. since i was busy that time, to call the CS and make a purchase, i tried it online myself but again didn't worked on any item, even the first 7 characters. i end up forgetting about it. then it expires only 1 week life spam.
Yeah that happened to me too. I'm in the US though, but same story. They emailed a 20% off and then a 50% off and nothing worked. I think I finally realized that every Lego product was marked with that phrase saying that discounts don't apply to it. B&N coupons seem to have more red tape than a military base.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm

anyone still waiting for their orders from BN to Canada?
I'm still waiting for my hogwarts express.