[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: May 27-June 2

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: May 27-June 2

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu May 26, 2011 6:14 am

This week from May 27-June 2, ToysRUs Canada will have the following LEGO deals. Online orders above $100 will qualify for FREE Shipping as well. If you're buying online and would like to support Toys N Bricks, click here to buy now.
  • 20% of all LEGO Creator and Kingdoms items
  • Save $5 on all LEGO branded video games

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: May 27-June 2

Post by Toronadian » Thu May 26, 2011 6:43 am

This is the one I've been waiting for. Looks like I'll be staying up tonight to make sure I'll be there RIGHT when the discount happens (knowing how the big sets just happen to disappear within the first few hours).

pterribilis
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by pterribilis » Thu May 26, 2011 2:33 pm

It'll cost you less to buy it on ebay once you include taxes, etc

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Toronadian wrote:This is the one I've been waiting for. Looks like I'll be staying up tonight to make sure I'll be there RIGHT when the discount happens (knowing how the big sets just happen to disappear within the first few hours).
One of the most frustrating thing with their site is that the sale never starts on time. It doesn't start at 9:00 pm PST / 0:00 EST nor does it start at 0:00 PST / 3:00 EST.

Its kinda lame, but I guess by now we all know its not the only part they're lame at. Erhm discount problems...

BTW, thanks QuagsireQing for the news and putting it in that format. Looks like an admin wrote it. :lol:

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Nice. The sale hasn't even been activated yet on their site but the Grand Emporium and Shuttle Adventure are already magically out of stock after 1 minute. Bull****. I wish I had screencapped that. Don't have any shots of it in stock prior to 12 though.

Here's a shot of not too long after 12am EST...the discount hasn't even kicked in on the website yet somehow Grand Emporium and Shuttle Adventure are out of stock. Way to go TRU. **** you.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 pm

I knew that was going to happen. Their online site is horrible. Not offering sales at the specified time, messed up sale discounts... the list goes on.

One more thing is that their favourite hobby with affiliates are changing the terms and conditions every month. How fun. :roll:

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Ice wrote:Their online site is horrible. Not offering sales at the specified time, messed up sale discounts... the list goes on.
Don't forget pulling the good sets out of stock during a sale, so the only sets you can get discounted are ones you don't want! :lol:

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 am

I even forgot to mention that they love putting sets into random themes. We all know about the City/Creator Fire Brigade problem.

Well, I just found another one. Emerald Night is now listed under "Bricks & More". Who adds new products to the site? It was always listed under Creator before. Now the sale won't qualify because its Bricks & More. :evil:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 27, 2011 1:03 am

Ice wrote: Well, I just found another one. Emerald Night is now listed under "Bricks & More". Who adds new products to the site? It was always listed under Creator before. Now the sale won't qualify because its Bricks & More. :evil:
When I saw Emerald Night listing under Bricks & More on Thursday morning, I already had a bad feeling that they were trying NOT to honor the deal for expensive set again. Look back the "Buy 3 & Save 25% off " sale two weeks ago, it was so disgusting.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 am

The sale went live at around 5:30ish, Toronto time.
Guess what, Grand Emporium and Maersk Train are OOS :o

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri May 27, 2011 3:33 am

and do they ship lego boxes as is?

got some questions:
1. where do they ship from?
2. how long does it take from item being shipped to receiving it in Ontario?
Last edited by r1chard on Fri May 27, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 am

r1chard wrote:The sale went live at around 5:30ish, Toronto time.
Guess what, Grand Emporium and Maersk Train are OOS :o
Wait, so Maersk Train ALSO began as OOS? Wow this is getting even worse. That was in stock for a bit while Grand Emporium and Shuttle Adventure were OOS, though that was PRIOR to the discounts kicking in yet. I'm really annoyed now.

It's really **** stupid this time as the sets are out of stock BEFORE the sale even starts. At least last year, there was a CHANCE you could get one on sale if you were there early enough for the sale. There was at least limited quantities to get. Now this is just flat out ridiculous. **** you TRU.
Last edited by Toronadian on Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri May 27, 2011 3:41 am

i'm not sure. but it's oos as of 530am

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri May 27, 2011 3:52 am

I ended up getting the 2 Winter Village sets. I like those 2 sets but they were not priority compared to any of the 3 sets that were taken off. Not sure how much longer the production is for those 2 sets (the Bakery might last one more Christmas holiday, but not so sure on the Toy Shop as it was already reproduced once for last year's Christmas) and that's why I pulled the trigger on these two.

The Lighthouse Island and Log Cabin are another 2 I wanted to get but like I said above, that money was supposed to be towards one of the 3 big sets, As nice as the Lighthouse Island and Log Cabin are, not sure I want to pull the trigger on those 2 yet since they're still available for a longer time period. Should perhaps save up instead.

EDIT: This sale also includes things in the Kingdoms line. There's a certain large set (*Ahem with the initials MMV*) that is still in stock. Get that now before they take that one down.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 am

Toronadian wrote:There's a certain large set (*Ahem with the initials MMV*) that is still in stock. Get that now before they take that one down.
I second this. Medieval Market Village is excellent set and every AFOL should at least consider picking one up. Great design, good value (1600 pieces for $122.01, including HST) and it's likely going to be discontinued soon (been out for 2.5 years). I just picked up a second one, even though I still have yet to build the first one (!). I hope it arrives safely... :roll:

EDIT: Strangely, as mentioned above, Emerald Night is now classified as 'Bricks & More' and is not on the 'Save 20% Off' promotion page, but it is still being discounted.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri May 27, 2011 5:54 am

Just ordered my medieval marketplace. $107 and change before tax. Lets see if it actually arrives or if they cancel the order.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 am

autobrick wrote: EDIT: Strangely, as mentioned above, Emerald Night is now classified as 'Bricks & More' and is not on the 'Save 20% Off' promotion page, but it is still being discounted.
This is so weird. I remember the sale that happened 2 weeks ago, they were not honouring Fire Brigade even though it was listed under "City". I think some people managed to get it for 30% off instead of 20-25% off by calling them though.

But thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the Emerald Night as I don't have that set yet. Chances are it will be discontinued very soon.

Its also a good thing I placed Medieval Market Village earlier this morning because its now out of stock too.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 am

Odd. I got an order confirmation for the 2 Winter sets I ordered first, and also for the Emerald Night that I ordered later on. However, the Medieval Market Village I ordered in between those 2 I have still not received an order confirmation.
Last edited by Toronadian on Fri May 27, 2011 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 27, 2011 11:49 am

Toronadian wrote:Odd. I got an order confirmation for the 2 Winter sets I ordered first, and also for the Emerald Night that I ordered later on. However, the Medieval Market Village I ordered in between those 2 I have still not received an order confirmation.
Same here. Got an email confirmation for Emerald Night but not for Medieval Market Village. Theres a temporary charge for Emerald Night but no temporary charge on my credit card for Medieval Market Village.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri May 27, 2011 11:58 am

Ice wrote:
Toronadian wrote:Odd. I got an order confirmation for the 2 Winter sets I ordered first, and also for the Emerald Night that I ordered later on. However, the Medieval Market Village I ordered in between those 2 I have still not received an order confirmation.
Same here. Got an email confirmation for Emerald Night but not for Medieval Market Village. Theres a temporary charge for Emerald Night but no temporary charge on my credit card for Medieval Market Village.

I have a bad feeling about this...
Giving them a call right now, rep is saying that my Emerald Night order, and my 2 Winter Village set orders have been OK'd and thus that's why I received an email on that. However, he saw that my MMV order was still pending. He helped me send an email to whoever can look into it to help get more info on it which was the most he could do at that point.

I also asked him about certain sets going out of stock just prior to this sale happening, which I said was somewhat suspicious. He answered me back saying they are aware of that and are looking into why that was the case.