[US/CA] Lego Black Friday Deals 2011

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: [US/CA] Lego Black Friday Deals 2011

Post by sidersdd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I can't get the dang checkout page to show up. Site is crawling.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Apparently, there are also some Star Wars Magnet sets on sale too. Site is loading very slow, I can't even checkout.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 pm

pumbaugh wrote:did it add the 2 of 2 promo set? It is not adding it for me...
I'm not seeing that on mine either.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 pm

free shipping didnt work, with a message saying that they will fix it after you order :roll:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:09 pm

The site is very slow.
Error Message:Oops! We are experiencing technical difficulties. If a promotional shipping offer should apply to your order, we will apply this after you have completed your transaction online. We apologise that we are unable to offer express delivery options due to this technical issue. If you have any questions, or would prefer to place your order over the phone, please call our friendly consumer service experts on the number shown at the bottom of this page.

joseph.blow
I'm New !

Post by joseph.blow » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:11 pm

It says they're having technical difficulties. I didn't get the promo, the 10% off or the free shipping (or any VIP points for that matter). But... order placed :)

I'll just ring them up on Monday if they don't fix it automagically.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

they are usually very good about it, the math is completely bonkers right now, no discounts, even the tax is wrong

man would i hate to be the guy that has to manually process these on monday

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Everything showed up perfect for me, all discounts applied, 10% and discount flagship, but then I deleted one of my filler's.. (Was there for insurance), after that, the 2/2 disappeared. All the other discounts still applied.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Legobrandon wrote:The site is very slow.
Error Message:Oops! We are experiencing technical difficulties. If a promotional shipping offer should apply to your order, we will apply this after you have completed your transaction online. We apologise that we are unable to offer express delivery options due to this technical issue. If you have any questions, or would prefer to place your order over the phone, please call our friendly consumer service experts on the number shown at the bottom of this page.
Got the same thing. Free shipping hasn't worked, niether has the 10%. Placed an order for the Imperial Flagship, gonna return the one I paid full price for. That one I got with THIS promo which came with the first holiday promotional set...hopefully that doesn't mean I need to also return that 1st holiday promo set when I return that first order...

ahcow
Citizen
Citizen

Post by ahcow » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Umm... trying to buy Grand Emporium, not getting free shipping the 2/2 or the 10% discount. Argh...

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 pm

The math is messed up for me too! Oh well, I'll call on monday. The 10% discount was applied but shipping was added + numbers dont add up and points didn't apply properly. I suppose 2 Emeralds for $135 - my $20 points is worth a phone call :)
Last edited by chenwaa123 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 pm

When the sale just went live, I saw some sort of free star wars magnet set or something in my checkout basket (maybe they messed up for the holiday set). Few minutes later, I see no free set or free shipping at all. Just says to call them.

I did get my extra 10% off though.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:19 pm

popnfresh wrote:they are usually very good about it, the math is completely bonkers right now, no discounts, even the tax is wrong

man would i hate to be the guy that has to manually process these on monday
Manually, it is going to be a long day for him... :lol:

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Everyone should place their orders and have them fix the prices and add the free set later, I wouldn't count on calling them to place the order like it suggests.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Like everyone else, I'm gonna call them. No additional 10% off, nor was the shipping free. Also no 2nd promo set added to my order.

I'm gonna try and call the French line though and then speak English to them (the English line isn't working since it's still Thanksgiving)...that's how I got in contact with S@H hotline earlier today. Will see if they're able to help me get this fixed tomorrow.

DadsAFOL
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DadsAFOL » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:29 pm

I had a bunch of discount items in my cart, and since it wasn't doing the promo stuff, I thought I'd empty my cart and try again. Now all the deals have disappeared. Is it somehow timezone aware, since I'm logged in and they know my address is in CA?

Anyone else in CA seeing the sale items right now?
Build with confidence by buying parts from our BrickLink store at http://www.DadsAFOL.com. Only store with instant shipping and payment options!

momof2boys99
I'm New !

Post by momof2boys99 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:30 pm

I am a little worried about this. I have no confirmation email. I typed in my order # and it is stating that it is not there. I did an order last month and the order ended with a goofy error message and my credit card got charged right away, but no email. Lego never got the order and it was cancelled and my money refunded. I hope that doesn't happen to all of these orders. Does anyone have a confirmation email or order # that shows confirmation? I am just worried they will all sell out by the time it gets straightened out and my money will be holding in lingo.

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:31 pm

momof2boys99 wrote:I am a little worried about this. I have no confirmation email. I typed in my order # and it is stating that it is not there. I did an order last month and the order ended with a goofy error message and my credit card got charged right away, but no email. Lego never got the order and it was cancelled and my money refunded. I hope that doesn't happen to all of these orders. Does anyone have a confirmation email or order # that shows confirmation? I am just worried they will all sell out by the time it gets straightened out and my money will be holding in lingo.
None here either, I noticed the same.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 pm

The site is having technical difficulties. Seems to have gotten a bit better as the checkout screen now shows free shipping and free set.

But when you proceed to final checkout, everything gets removed still except for the 10% off.

ahcow
Citizen
Citizen

Post by ahcow » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Ordered mine and e-mailed customer service once I got my order number and stuff...
Pain in the ass in a way since I am ordering to US but I am in Canada. -.-
Hope they respond via e-mail and not try calling me