[CAN] Zellers Save $50 on City Corner & Blizzard 's Peak

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Legobrandon
Count
Count

[CAN] Zellers Save $50 on City Corner & Blizzard 's Peak

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Saturday, December 17th only, save $50 on 7641- City Corner or 8863- World Racers Blizzards Peak. Regular price for both of these sets are $79.99- Now only $29.99. Amazing deal, great for a last minute Christmas Gift. Check your local flyer for more details. While quantities last, no rain checks. I believe other stores, such as TRU that carries these two sets, would price match on the same day, if your store runs out of stock.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [CAN] Zellers Save $50 on City Corner & Blizzard 's Peak

Post by unclephn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:50 pm

That's a pretty good deal for City Corner. Might have to price match that at TRU! Thanks for the heads up!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Just came back from Zellers. They didn't have any of these sets out on the shelf, so I think they are keeping their inventory in the back for Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if they put these sets near the entrance on top of a wooden pallet. My store opens up at 8 AM, gotta wake up early. :zzz:

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:11 am

I got City Corner already but it's one set that I'm willing to get a second one for...though I got exams on that day.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:08 am

The City Corner is an amazing set - for $29.99 I have to buy a bunch :) - probably easiest to just head to WalMart prior to 8:00am on Saturday to get a few of the sets... (most of the WalMart stores are now open 24-7). If WalMart is out or doesn't have any once can just head to Zellers right after!

Good set to restock the BL store!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 pm

So bummed! I really want that set and at $29.99!?! But sadly won't get to Canada for about 6 months.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Just came back from Zellers. They didn't have any of these sets out on the shelf, so I think they are keeping their inventory in the back for Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if they put these sets near the entrance on top of a wooden pallet. My store opens up at 8 AM, gotta wake up early. :zzz:
Same here, I don't recall seeing any of these lately either, just where they found stocks is beyond me! So from the other thread on the Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off, I wonder if that'll apply on these 2 sets, I doubt it, but if they do, that'll make this a very very good deal.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:33 pm

dulait wrote:So from the other thread on the Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off, I wonder if that'll apply on these 2 sets, I doubt it, but if they do, that'll make this a very very good deal.
It's worth a try... ;-) You never know what the outcome would be.

EDIT: Apparently, there is going to be a coupon for a free $10 gift card with $40+ purchase, and a coupon for an extra 15% off if paid by HBC card, or just 10% off if other tender is used. People say these coupons will be released this Friday. I'll keep you guys posted if they do. :cool:

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:42 pm

I think I found the 15%/10% coupon?

Friday, DEC 16th
Quebec (excluding Hull, Gatineau, and Aylmer), Hawksebury On., Atholville and St-Basile N.B.

Saturday, DEC 17th
Rest of Canada and QC

http://f.enews.zellers.com/i/41/2082455 ... ec15v2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the Zellers FB page:
"The votes are in! This week's coupon: a FREE $10 OFF gift card. The coupon will be posted this FRIDAY, December 16."

And a response from 'Zellers' about the $10 GC details:
"it's $10 off if you spend $40 or more (before taxes). Hope that helps!"

So sounds like you get the gift card to use on the coinciding purchase.
EDIT: Nevermind...getting myself confused lol, GC should be on next purchase.
EDIT2: I don't know anymore, wording could mean different things...
Last edited by striderhiryu on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:53 pm

striderhiryu wrote:I think I found the 15%/10% coupon?

Friday, DEC 16th
Quebec (excluding Hull, Gatineau, and Aylmer), Hawksebury On., Atholville and St-Basile N.B.

Saturday, DEC 17th
Rest of Canada and QC

http://f.enews.zellers.com/i/41/2082455 ... ec15v2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep, that was the one I was talking about. Thank you for posting!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:12 am

With these coupons and probably the BOGO 50% the City Corner set is going to be a steal... I just hope that they will actually have them in stock...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

BrickJedi
I'm New !

Post by BrickJedi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks for the coupon. In the print flyer with Zeedy and "Toyland" at the top, there is a small $10 coupon on the right side. It says valid Dec 16-22, some exceptions apply. Also, for any students, Zellers accepts the SPC card for an additional 10% off promotions. Warning, you may find they give you a hassle when using it (they want SPC card, student card, and signed ID, I kid you not I have gotten mortgages with less hassle).

Best of luck with this week's deals!

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Unless I'm mistaken that is just a reminder to use the voucher obtained from a recent promotion. But if you could actually use the one in the printed flyer that would be awesome :-D

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I saw at least one City Corner at my local Zellers a couple of months ago. Not sure if it is still there. I should scope out the store this evening. Getting up early Saturday is going to be hard... :-)

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:59 pm

striderhiryu wrote:Unless I'm mistaken that is just a reminder to use the voucher obtained from a recent promotion. But if you could actually use the one in the printed flyer that would be awesome :-D
+1
dr_spock wrote:I saw at least one City Corner at my local Zellers a couple of months ago. Not sure if it is still there. I should scope out the store this evening. Getting up early Saturday is going to be hard... :-)
I've seen one blizzard peak a couple months back too, but even that was gone. So good luck since I've done scouting, and I can tell ya most Zellers are oos on these two sets. I hope they actually have skids of these ready for Sat morning, and hope it aren't a stunt to get ppl in the store, I'll be MAD if that's the case!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 pm

So here is my idea on how to take take advantage of the BOGO deal along with this sale. Since the BOGO sale is on on City, SW, and Ninjago, I would purchase two City Corner sets, one at full price ($29.99) and one at half price ($14.99), plus I would also use the additional 15% off coupon. Then I would take one of the City Corner sets to customer service and exchange the full priced set, with a Blizzards peak ($29.99). So including the 15% off coupon,I would get both the City Corner and Blizzards peak for only $38.23 (tax not included). Math:

29.99 + 14.99= 44.98 x 0.85= 38.23

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:16 pm

BrickJedi wrote:Thanks for the coupon. In the print flyer with Zeedy and "Toyland" at the top, there is a small $10 coupon on the right side. It says valid Dec 16-22, some exceptions apply. Also, for any students, Zellers accepts the SPC card for an additional 10% off promotions. Warning, you may find they give you a hassle when using it (they want SPC card, student card, and signed ID, I kid you not I have gotten mortgages with less hassle).

Best of luck with this week's deals!
It's easier if you have a BMO SPC Mastercard :P

Do you think we can use the email coupon along with the SPC discount?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Akitakara wrote:Do you think we can use the email coupon along with the SPC discount?
If you read cashier instructions on the coupon, it says level 3 discount code. That is the same discount code used for SPC so I would assume no. Doesn't hurt to try though. A friend of mine worked there before, hence I know a bit how they operate.

The best deal would be to use their HBC Mastercard. However, I don't think its worth it as you only get 0.5% more cashback back in gift cards (and everyone already gets 0.5% through the Rewards Card). This means you'll be better off using a 1% cashback credit card plus their HBC Rewards Card which gives you a net 1.5% back.

If you think you can spend $1000+ at Zellers before they close, then go for it. Otherwise, be safe as Target is taking over very soon and who knows what they're going to do with Zellers Reward System.
Legobrandon wrote:So here is my idea on how to take take advantage of the BOGO deal along with this sale. Since the BOGO sale is on on City, SW, and Ninjago, I would purchase two City Corner sets, one at full price ($29.99) and one at half price ($14.99), plus I would also use the additional 15% off coupon. Then I would take one of the City Corner sets to customer service and exchange the full priced set, with a Blizzards peak ($29.99). So including the 15% off coupon,I would get both the City Corner and Blizzards peak for only $38.23 (tax not included). Math:

I highly doubt thats going to work. Their sales system only allows 1 discount (excluding SPC, Coupons, etc thats overrided by the cashier). Its either BOGO 50% off or a sale price. Only way you can take advantage of it is if the regular price is marked as $29.99 and the system scans at BOGO 50% off.

Best bet is to cross your fingers that they mess up and mark $29.99 as regular price, not sale price. Then, it will work with BOGO 50% off.

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:17 am

$10 gift card on $40 purchase coupon here.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:23 am

Legobrandon wrote:So here is my idea on how to take take advantage of the BOGO deal along with this sale. Since the BOGO sale is on on City, SW, and Ninjago, I would purchase two City Corner sets, one at full price ($29.99) and one at half price ($14.99), plus I would also use the additional 15% off coupon. Then I would take one of the City Corner sets to customer service and exchange the full priced set, with a Blizzards peak ($29.99). So including the 15% off coupon,I would get both the City Corner and Blizzards peak for only $38.23 (tax not included). Math:

Ice wrote:I highly doubt thats going to work. Their sales system only allows 1 discount (excluding SPC, Coupons, etc thats overrided by the cashier). Its either BOGO 50% off or a sale price. Only way you can take advantage of it is if the regular price is marked as $29.99 and the system scans at BOGO 50% off.

Best bet is to cross your fingers that they mess up and mark $29.99 as regular price, not sale price. Then, it will work with BOGO 50% off.
It won't work as the small print in the flyer states that 'markdowns' are excluded from the BOGO 50% sale. The set is a $50 markdown. Hence this won't work - sadly - unless their system is messed up - but that's just a very small chance as they are not ToysRUs...