[US/CA] LEGOShop Boxing Day 2011 LEGO Deals

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

[US/CA] LEGOShop Boxing Day 2011 LEGO Deals

Post by Ice » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 pm

LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada) will be offering the following LEGO deals and promotions for their 2011 year end LEGO sale. For this Boxing Day/Week LEGO clearance sale, there are lots of LEGO sets and accessories discounted so there is something for everyone.

LEGO Promotions
  • Valid December 26 - January 31
  • FREE Ninjago Booster Pack with orders of $75 or more

LEGO Year End Sale

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [US/CA] LEGOShop Boxing Day 2011 LEGO Deals

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 pm

I thought the sale will start on Dec. 24, like last year? I hope there will be some good deals on LEGO exclusives. Gonna wait until I see the product on sale, before I buy any gifts for myself. I also hope not all sets will be ssold out prior to the sale.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Ice wrote:As predicted by many of you, theres going to be lots of sets and accessories to be discounted starting on December 26, Boxing Day.

Unforunately, I can't share them yet as if we share them early, LEGO will start getting calls from people who think they deserve to get the pricing early because they saw it online (even though it’s listed with the correct start date).
Understandable. Just wondering, when are you allowed to tell? Getting the Imperial Flagship from the Black Friday thing was pretty decent already, not sure what else they're gonna put on sale to beat that...pet shop 30% off? I remember being slightly annoyed at missing the sale last year but then I remembered that most of the sets that were "on sale" began out of stock anyway.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm guessing this sale will start at 12:00am EST?

EDIT: Wow, it would be great if these sales were only available to certain countries. So for example, the Black Friday deals would only apply to residents of the US and the Boxing Day deals would only be fore Canadians. That way many people will have a chance of getting something, before everything goes out of stock.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Legobrandon wrote:I'm guessing this sale will start at 12:00am EST?
They told me it should technically start at 9pm PST December 25th / 0:00am EST December 26. (but it could be a bit off).
Toronadian wrote: Understandable. Just wondering, when are you allowed to tell? Getting the Imperial Flagship from the Black Friday thing was pretty decent already, not sure what else they're gonna put on sale to beat that...pet shop 30% off? I remember being slightly annoyed at missing the sale last year but then I remembered that most of the sets that were "on sale" began out of stock anyway.
Quite honestly, I don't really think theres that much to look forward to. (that could be just me though :lol:) Like last year, they're putting discounts on sets that are already sold out right now.

My suggestion is go to ToysRUs Canada and get 50% off Atlantis, Kingdoms and Pharaoh's Quest.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Do keep in mind though that the brand stores are quite likely to have sale items that are sold out online.

Is the discount 25% or 50%? I'm expecting 25% but rather hopeful for 50%.. (but that was based on last year, so who knows?)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:40 pm

I wonder what time the store opens at the Mall, must call and check this week to make sure I'm there promptly! I know the Malls have extended hours before Christmas, I wonder if they go back to regular hours on the 26th...

Was there free shipping last year or no?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

atmail35 wrote:I wonder what time the store opens at the Mall, must call and check this week to make sure I'm there promptly! I know the Malls have extended hours before Christmas, I wonder if they go back to regular hours on the 26th...

Was there free shipping last year or no?
Not sure about malls in the US, but here in Canada, pretty much every store/mall has special hours specifically for Boxing Day. They usually revert back to regular hours on the 27th. I would definitely call now to find out what time your local store is opening!

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

I spoke to someone at the store that said they are opening at regular hours on Dec 26th.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:39 pm

That is because boxing day is a holiday celebrated in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. You guys have Black Friday. :lol:

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 pm

If I go to a B&M Lego store, do I have to have my Lego VIP card with me? I lost it, but I do know my VIP number; if they don't accept it I guess I could call customer service afterwards(?)

Ice, would you care to give us some hints? We won't tell anybody... :silent:
atmail35 wrote:Was there free shipping last year or no?
Last year there was no free shipping.

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 pm

autobrick wrote:If I go to a B&M Lego store, do I have to have my Lego VIP card with me? I lost it, but I do know my VIP number; if they don't accept it I guess I could call customer service afterwards(?)
No problem at all. They can look it up via the number, your name and address, or your email address. I never carry the card and have never had a problem.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Ice wrote: ... Quite honestly, I don't really think theres that much to look forward to. (that could be just me though :lol:) ...
<sarcasm>
Really? The typical offer of magnets and swag at 50-75% off the original inflated prices doesn't interest you? I'm surprised. Combine that with great discounts on sets that have sold out long ago, this should be great sale.
</sarcasm>
;-)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:02 am

autobrick wrote:If I go to a B&M Lego store, do I have to have my Lego VIP card with me? I lost it, but I do know my VIP number; if they don't accept it I guess I could call customer service afterwards(?)

Ice, would you care to give us some hints? We won't tell anybody... :silent:
I will share the UK list on Christmas day at 4pm PST / 7pm EST. Its kinda similar so you can probably get an idea of what to expect for US/Canada.
SH1 wrote: <sarcasm>
Really? The typical offer of magnets and swag at 50-75% off the original inflated prices doesn't interest you? I'm surprised. Combine that with great discounts on sets that have sold out long ago, this should be great sale.
</sarcasm>
;-)
Not going to say whether your right or wrong, but thats a really good guess! :)

Black Friday is way better than this so don't expect too much everyone. You should all enjoy your Christmas Evening and have a good night sleep. I doubt anything will be sold out hat quick.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 am

I bet that the Disney Cars Big Bentley Bust will be there....Amazon and Target want to get rid of them... :-D

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:54 am

Ice, would you feel differently about the sale if the items were available online? Our local Lego store has stock available that isn't available online, so I was wondering if it might be a good idea to go there on boxing day. Anyhow, if you had to evaluate the sale without considering online stock availability, would you consider it a "good" sale?

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:21 am

Worse than Black Friday? I hope you're wrong. Because that means only 25% off or less.

Right now, I'm seeing plenty of the space shuttle set at my store. I've been eyeing them for awhile now.

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:43 am

Last year there was a decent amount of sets 50% off in the US, however it went live before the 26th and things were sold out online in their normal extremely quick fashion (if those items had even been available online to begin with). B&M stores are a different matter.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 pm

brickity wrote:Ice, would you feel differently about the sale if the items were available online? Our local Lego store has stock available that isn't available online, so I was wondering if it might be a good idea to go there on boxing day. Anyhow, if you had to evaluate the sale without considering online stock availability, would you consider it a "good" sale?
If the prices are different instores, then yes, I would feel differently. But if the prices are the same for online and instores, then I'd rather sleep in! :lol:

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Ice wrote:
brickity wrote:Ice, would you feel differently about the sale if the items were available online? Our local Lego store has stock available that isn't available online, so I was wondering if it might be a good idea to go there on boxing day. Anyhow, if you had to evaluate the sale without considering online stock availability, would you consider it a "good" sale?
If the prices are different instores, then yes, I would feel differently. But if the prices are the same for online and instores, then I'd rather sleep in! :lol:
Hehe ok thanks!