(Canada) - Walmart Clearance YMMV

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

(Canada) - Walmart Clearance YMMV

Post by Congruence » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Walmart Canada started their February clearance today, it will most likely be YMMV, but my wife picked me up the following sets:

7208 Fire Station - $60 ($110 reg)
7498 Police Station - $60 ($130 reg)
4206 Recycling Truck - $20 ($40 reg)
4202 Mining Truck - $20 ($45 reg)

This was at the Brampton store @ Mississauga Road & Williams Parkway.

Will check out some other stores tomorrow.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: (Canada) - Walmart Clearance YMMV

Post by hatcher » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 pm

You can add the following to your potential list (according to walmart.ca)

Jabba's Palace $98 (down from $149.86)
Sith Infiltrator $39 (regularly $89.86)
Sith Nightspeeder $20 (regularly $34.86)

plus some of the Friends $13 sets are listed at $10

I think there might have been some others, but those are the ones that caught my eye.

Again, some stores have these sets on clearance, others don't. And even if the website says they are in stock at your location, they might not be. Heck, my store still says they have Wolverine's set in stock, and they haven't had any for weeks now.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:41 pm

And the hunt begins. I think I'm gonna pick up the police station... would never have even considered picking that one up at full price. I'm not a fan of the set but at over half off its pretty tempting. Perhaps maybe the fire station too, but I already got the fire brigade which is far superior.

These clearance or prices appear to be nationwide.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:03 pm

hatcher wrote:You can add the following to your potential list (according to walmart.ca)

Jabba's Palace $98 (down from $149.86)
Sith Infiltrator $39 (regularly $89.86)
Sith Nightspeeder $20 (regularly $34.86)

plus some of the Friends $13 sets are listed at $10

I think there might have been some others, but those are the ones that caught my eye.

Again, some stores have these sets on clearance, others don't. And even if the website says they are in stock at your location, they might not be. Heck, my store still says they have Wolverine's set in stock, and they haven't had any for weeks now.
The list on here so far is what they are clearing, I did not see anything else otherwise. Sometimes when they say they are in stock, chances are that they do count the ones in lay aways or in returns or in claims, also some get misplaced and ended up in other departments, then there are some hidden behind other sets, also they do not update their inventory daily.
Toronadian wrote:And the hunt begins. I think I'm gonna pick up the police station... would never have even considered picking that one up at full price. I'm not a fan of the set but at over half off its pretty tempting. Perhaps maybe the fire station too, but I already got the fire brigade which is far superior.

These clearance or prices appear to be nationwide.
Agree on the Police station, full price not worth it even for collectors, but half and more is great even for non-collectors. Also agree with fire brigade is much better than the station, but there is a gap in the price range even when they are both on sale.

Sith Infiltrator is like a slap on the face on Toys R Us pass two week sale. Basicly Walmart saying they can do better than 50% off, that is funny.

Jabba's Palace at 35% off is like getting it from Amazon with crazy UPS charges, wonder if I should get one or wait for further discounts.

pabelanger
I'm New !

Post by pabelanger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Just cleared out Kanata Walmart of Jabba. Nice thread

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm gonna scratch what I said and it doesn't seem like ALL locations have the Police Station for $60. A good number of them do, but quite a few of them also still have it at full price. Again, as hatcher has said gotta be careful with online stock. I called up a couple that said they had stock, even their scanners said they had a couple but the CSR said to me over the phone they couldn't find any.
pabelanger wrote:Just cleared out Kanata Walmart of Jabba. Nice thread
Lemme guess, a reseller? Kijiji time?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am

You could of have at leaste left one for that young child wanting to spend his birthday money on a Jabba's Palace. :P

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 am

Stock levels from what I saw:

Richmond Hill (Major Mack)
- at least 8 of 4202 Mining Trucks
- 1 of 7208 Fire Station
- I think 2/3 of 4206 Recycling Truck
- maybe 2 of 9474 The Battle for Helm's Deep(?)

Agincourt Mall(Kennedy/Sheppard)
*Note: These sets I saw away from the regular Lego section, were in a clearance section closer to the bikes
- 2 or 3 of 9516 Jabba's Palace
- 1 of either Sith Nightspeeder or the Sith Infiltrator, couldn't remember
- 1 other clearance set I couldn't remember

Scarborough Town Centre
- 2 of 7498 Police Station
- at least 1 of 9474 The Battle for Helm's Deep

Also, maybe it's just me using the Walmart mobile site when I'm on my phone, but the stock level and price changes for some reason depending on the location I search for my item. For example, I was looking to see if any places around my postal code had the 7498 Police Station...and it said a couple of stores around me that did, or did not have it and priced at $60. Now, I redid that search for the same item, but this time typing in Scarborough (not where I live, just using it so I could see more Walmart locations in my search), and the previous Walmarts that showed up with it as $60, in this new search it said those previous locations had it for full price $130 while other locations that were previously saying "out of stock" were suddenly back in stock. It sounds confusing, but that's the best I can do in terms of describing what I mean.

Also...most of you using this forum are probably Lego savvy already, but just in case...those of you that are trying to find the 7208 Fire Station, be careful not to mix it up with the newer one that came out this year, set #60004 which sells for $130 or something like that. Granted, you'll realize it when you bring it to the cashier but don't wanna waste your time thinking you got a deal and then finding out after waiting in the cashier line you didn't.

sages
Peasant
Peasant

Post by sages » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 am

Thank you OP!! I am so happy about getting the police station at $60. :-D
Almost bought one from Amazon.co.uk at $80 plus the duty +etc.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:31 am

The meadowvale store (401 / Winston Churchill) had the following, all with the regular Lego section.

2 x 7208 Fire Station - $60
1 x 4206 Recycling Truck - $20
3 x 4202 Mining Truck - $20
2 x 9474 Battle for Helms Deep $139
1 x Sith Infiltrator $39

Kasmca
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kasmca » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 am

Heartland Mississauga

1 x Police Station
10+ x Recycling Trucks
1 x Mining Truck
0 x Fire Stations
1 x Sith Infiltrator - It's hidden. You have to go to the clearance section closer to the baby deptarment and it's behind a couple creator sets.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Just picked up the police station (7498) at Walmart in STC for $60. They have one more left.

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Toronadian wrote:I'm gonna scratch what I said and it doesn't seem like ALL locations have the Police Station for $60. A good number of them do, but quite a few of them also still have it at full price. Again, as hatcher has said gotta be careful with online stock. I called up a couple that said they had stock, even their scanners said they had a couple but the CSR said to me over the phone they couldn't find any.
Lemme guess, a reseller? Kijiji time?
It's funny, I was going to say the same thing about the Police Station however I had an employee check stock and he told me which stores had stock. I said I don't think it's on sale at Northgate Walmart (according to online) and he said it was showing up that it was. So I called Northgate and the girl I spoke with said to grab someone when I came in because the price was $60 in their system (according to her price gun) but it was marked regular price on the shelf and when scanned it would come up regular price.

Long story short, grab an employee and have them punch the number into their gun and it should show the clearance price.
Last edited by scotts on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sages
Peasant
Peasant

Post by sages » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Markville WM had one Jabba's Palace, 2 sith Sith Infiltrators and a few city trucks today at around 2pm.
The nearby TRU had CMF series 9.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Kasmca wrote:It's hidden. You have to go to the clearance section closer to the baby deptarment and it's behind a couple creator sets.
That is why I said if they show in stock, one possiblity is that someone intentional or unintentioanlly misplaced it, and therefore it show in stock on their price guns.
sages wrote:The nearby TRU had CMF series 9.
Series 9 should be out at most Walmart by now too.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Checked out the Lougheed Centre Walmart but all they had was those Ninjago dragon thingies for $100, which have been there for a while. Most of what is listed on clearance above hasn't been in stock there for a while, and what was in stock wasn't on sale (like 4202).

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 pm

pbb99 wrote:Checked out the Lougheed Centre Walmart but all they had was those Ninjago dragon thingies for $100, which have been there for a while. Most of what is listed on clearance above hasn't been in stock there for a while, and what was in stock wasn't on sale (like 4202).
It seems that it is not nation wide then, but some Walmart in BC do have them for the clearance price, just need to check out the ones that have them on sale.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 am

I think Jabba's Palace is a horribly overpriced set that doesn't really do much for me other than a couple nice minifigs, but when I went to the Lego store today, and they combined it with the Rancor pit...makes me wish perhaps they shoulda combined the two for a nicer set. It looks not bad when you combine the two and actually tempts me to get Jabba's Palace but meh...

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am

Toronadian wrote:I think Jabba's Palace is a horribly overpriced set that doesn't really do much for me other than a couple nice minifigs, but when I went to the Lego store today, and they combined it with the Rancor pit...makes me wish perhaps they shoulda combined the two for a nicer set. It looks not bad when you combine the two and actually tempts me to get Jabba's Palace but meh...
Agree and I will hold on to mine seal for now, just in case I change my mind or there are better deals somewhere down the road. And the selling point for both sets is pretty much the minifigs, which can be said about a lot of sets these days.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 am

Not to take this forum off topic, but for those that collect AiRMILES, just bring your Walmart receipt to Toys R US and do the PM. You can collect Airmiles as well.