The LEGO Ideas Blog has revealed production images for one of the 2015 LEGO Ideas set – 21301 Birds. This set will be available for sale beginning January 2015. Birds include Blue Jay, Hummingbird and Robin. There is also an interview (FAQ) with the project’s creator, Tom Poulsom. Check it out on the LEGO Ideas blog!
The set is also now listed at LEGO Shop at Home and will be priced at $44.99 USD. It contains 580 pieces. Below is the product description for 21301 Birds:
Build and display these authentic, well-loved birds!
Put down your binoculars and get closer to nature with these intricate LEGO® models of well-known birds! Created by keen gardener and bird enthusiast Thomas Poulsom and selected by LEGO Ideas members, each replica bird hails from a different continent: the Robin from Europe; the Blue Jay from North America; and the Hummingbird from South America. These beautiful and detailed models come with their own presentation stands showing their scientific names, so that you can display your birds for all to enjoy or detach and play as you wish. This set also includes 3 booklets containing lots more information about each of these fascinating species as well as the creator of these amazing models.
- Features 3 models: a Blue Jay, Hummingbird with flower, and a Robin
- Includes a presentation stand for each bird featuring its Latin name
- Enjoy building and rebuilding these intricate models
- Display the birds using their specially designed stands
- Recreate the birds that received over 10,000 votes from LEGO® Ideas members
- Learn more about the species in the booklets provided
- Includes building instructions and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and birds alike
- Blue Jay stands over 7” (18cm) tall on its stand
- Hummingbird stands over 5” (15cm) tall on its stand
- Robin stands over 6” (17cm) tall on its stand