The LEGO Group continues to deliver strong global sales growth. Existing lines such as LEGO City and LEGO Ninjago continues to be strong. Majority of the growth is attributed to the European and Asian markets. However, sales has been relatively flat year over year for the Americas region.
Key financial figures from the 2016 interim result:
- Revenue in the first half of 2016 increased by 10% compared with the same period last year measured in local currency (i.e. excluding the impact of foreign exchange rate changes).
- Revenue for the first half of 2016 increased by 11% in DKK to DKK 15,692m compared with DKK 14,142m for the same period last year.
- Operating profit (profit before financial items and tax) for the first half of 2016 was DKK 4,655m compared to DKK 4,607m for the first half of 2015, an increase of 1% year over year.
- Net profit for the first half of 2016 was DKK 3,489m compared with DKK 3,553m for the first half of 2015.
- Cash flow from operating activities was DKK 3,947m compared with DKK 4,349m during the first half of 2015.
You can read the full 2016 LEGO interim press release report here.