The press release for Nintendo LEGO Super Mario sets is now out! The full assortment of LEGO Super Mario sets will be available August 1, 2020 for North America and August 7, 2020 for United Kingdom/Europe. There are three new LEGO Super Mario set images that we haven’t seen before yet. These include LEGO 40414 Monty Mole & Super Mushroom Expansion set (worth $14.99 USD), LEGO Super Mario 71365 Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set (retails at $29.99 USD/EUR) and LEGO Super Mario 71369 Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (retails at $99.99 USD/EUR). See below for details and images.
You can now pre-order the LEGO Super Mario Adventures 71360 with Mario Starter Course set. The bundle (5006216) comes with a free LEGO Super Mario 40414 Monty Mole & Super Mushroom Expansion Set gift as well! Price for the 5006216 bundle with gift is $59.99 USD / $69.99 CAD / £49.99 GBP. Pre-order now at LEGO Shop at Home (US | Canada | UK) by searching 5006216.
LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360) Product Description
Kids can team up with their favorite character in the real world with this LEGO® Super Mario™ Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360). The set features a LEGO Mario™ figure that gives instant expressive responses via the LCD screens and speaker. Players earn virtual coins moving LEGO Mario from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via spinning and cloud platforms, the ? Block, and super battles with the Goomba and Bowser Jr. toy figures. Rearrange the bricks to create new levels to master.
A free LEGO Super Mario app is available for enhanced play with this gift toy for kids. It has zoom and rotate viewing tools to make building easier, suggests other creative ways to build and play, and is a safe forum to share ideas with friends.
Great for solo play or group competitions, LEGO Super Mario sets bring a family-favorite character into the real world. This Starter Course and the Expansion Sets offer unlimited challenges and nurture problem-solving skills.
Fans can enjoy toppling Stone-Eye and launching Monty Mole while creating new challenges with this LEGO® Super Mario™ Monty Mole & Super Mushroom Expansion Set.
- Fans can begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO® Super Mario™ universe with this Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360), featuring 7 action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario™ figure.
- LEGO® Mario™ has color sensors, plus LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display over 100 different instant reactions to movement. Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game.
- In this super toy playset, LEGO® Mario™ collects virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platforms, the ? Block and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr.
- This 231-piece, collectible LEGO® toy playset makes a cool birthday or holiday gift for kids aged 6+ who can build and play their own way and learn to solve problems while having lots of creative fun.
- Rearrange the Starter Course and combine with LEGO® Super Mario™ Expansion Sets to create more challenging levels and games to play with and against friends.
- The LEGO® Mario™ figure is powered by 2 x AAA batteries (not included), delivering a highly interactive in-game experience where players get instant feedback and rewards for creativity.
- Kids will love the free LEGO® Super Mario™ app, which has building instructions, inspiration for fun, creative ways to play, and more. For a list of compatible Android and iOS devices, visit LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- Great for solo or group play, interactive LEGO® Super Mario™ toy building sets bring a family-favorite character to life in a unique way and offer unlimited creative challenges through expansion and rebuilding.
- Builders will not need a Super Star’s power to connect or pull apart LEGO® bricks! Ever since 1958 they have met the highest industry standards to ensure consistency and robust building.
- LEGO® building bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed in almost every way you can imagine to ensure that every LEGO set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
BILLUND, April 7, 2020: The LEGO Group today announced pre-order availability of the LEGO® Super Mario™ Adventures with Mario Starter Course. Fans can now secure their own set of this upcoming and highly anticipated new product line, the result of a unique partnership with Nintendo. The new LEGO Super Mario product line features an interactive LEGO Mario figure that collects coins in real-life game levels created with LEGO bricks. Neither a video game nor a traditional LEGO brick-based set, it promises to change the way people interact with Super Mario in the physical world and engage in LEGO experiences.
Disclosed for the first time today by LEGO Design Lead Jonathan Bennink, fans will be able to begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO Super Mario universe with the Adventures with Mario Starter Course. This entry point set to the world of LEGO Super Mario is needed to unlock expansion sets and features seven action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure that are only included in this set.
The LEGO Mario figure itself has LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display a wide variety of instant reactions to movement, color and action bricks. Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game series.
“Super Mario has continued to appear, always in a form adapted to the current hardware of the time.” said Takashi Tezuka, Executive Officer and Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd. “I am thankful that in this project with the LEGO Group, Mario is jumping out of the digital world of game consoles and smart devices, and we are able to bring him into the world with a new, physical type of Mario play. It’s very exciting to think of LEGO Mario becoming a real friend to children and to picture them playing in their very own Mario world that they imagined themselves.”
Kids aged 6+ can build levels and play their own way, with action-packed challenges having lots of creative fun in a highly interactive experience. LEGO Mario is used to collect virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platform, and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr. figure.
The Starter Course can be combined with LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets, which each unlock unique challenges and characters to play with and against friends. The first Expansion Sets, also revealed today, include the Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set and the Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set. And because the products all include modular builds, fans are fully in charge of creating exactly the LEGO level course they want to see Mario come to life in.
Fans will also love the free LEGO® Super Mario™ app by the LEGO Group, a supporting feature to further enhance the physical play experience. It keeps track of scores to encourage continuous rebuilding, as well as it provides digital building instructions with zoom and rotate viewing tools to make building easier, suggests other creative ways to build and play, and is a safe forum to share ideas with friends.
“We were thrilled to see the global reaction to news of LEGO Super Mario,” said Jonathan Bennink, Digital Design Lead on LEGO Super Mario, the LEGO Group. “Fans have been keen to learn more, so I am pleased that today we were able to reveal more details about this exciting new collaboration that has led to a reimagination of the LEGO building experience and an entirely new way to play inspired by the beloved video game icon, Super Mario. We can’t wait to see fans get creative and challenge each other with this highly engaging and social play experience.”
The full LEGO Super Mario assortment will launch Aug. 1st 2020, but fans can now pre-order the LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course on www.lego.com/supermario-startercourse and from select leading retailers around the world.
The recommended retail price for the Starter Course is 59.99 EUR/USD, while the recommended retail price for the two expansion sets will be 29.99 USD/EUR for the Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set and 99.99 USD/EUR for the Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set.
Toys N Bricks is your destination for the latest and hottest LEGO News, Sales News, Creations and Reviews! (www.toysnbricks.com)