The all new 18+ LEGO Technic 42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” has been officially revealed. Available January 1, 2021. The set will be sold at LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia), LEGO Brand Retail Stores and other retailers. Price is $169.99 USD / $229.99 CAD / €179,99 EUR / £169.99 GBP. Additional image available at LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia) by searching 42125.
18+ LEGO Technic 42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” Product Description
Delivering prestigious wins for the Prancing Horse in the world’s toughest endurance races, the Ferrari 488 GTE is a car unlike any other. Now you can create your own LEGO® Technic™ model version, complete with authentic design details – just like on the iconic original.
With amazing attention to detail, this racing car model is a true expression of Ferrari’s endurance racer. Features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and a steering wheel that steers the car. Original stickers and authentic colors add the perfect finish to this epic model.
Escape the ordinary
This set is part of a collection of LEGO building kits for adults who appreciate excellent design. A new hands-on project for yourself, or the ideal gift for a motorsport fan, this LEGO Technic building kit provides an immersive build with a beautiful display model to enjoy.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO® Technic™ model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car.
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel.
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO® Technic™ Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan.
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport.
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide.
- Easily explore all the details packed inside, thanks to the opening doors and hood.
- This set comes with a special building instruction book featuring exclusive content, including details about the car and the AF Corse 51 team.
- With elegant designs and realistic functions, LEGO® Technic™ sets offer a rewarding build and models packed with impressive features for anyone interested in engineering and technology.
- LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet high global safety standards.
LEGO Technic 42125 Press Release
BILLUND, November 24th, 2020: Today, the LEGO Group reveal the latest model to line up on the grid, the LEGO® Technic™ Ferrari 488 GTE “AF CORSE #51”. Having delivered prestigious wins for the Prancing Horse in the world’s toughest endurance races, the racetrack icon is replicated in minute detail to encapsulate the same unmistakeable Italian spirit as its real-life counterpart.
This racing car model is packed with authentic features and beautiful design elements making it a true expression of Ferrari’s endurance racer. The fierce looking model features front and rear suspension, aerodynamic curves, a V8 engine with moving pistons and a steering wheel emblazoned with the Prancing Horse badge to help the model truly come alive. Original race number, sponsor stickers and the authentic Tricolore paintjob add the perfect finish to this epic model.
Designed to help LEGO fans and those who love motor racing experience the thrills of life in the fast lane, this 48cm (19 in) long racing model is crafted from 1,677 LEGO Technic elements making it a rewarding and absorbing build for older builders aged 18+ who love endurance racing, motorsport and Ferrari cars. Once complete, builders can take it out for a spin or proudly display it for spectators.
The LEGO® Technic™ Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” will be available from January 1st 2021 from LEGO.com, LEGO stores and other retailers globally, priced at $169.99/€179,99/£169.99.
”Having the chance to recreate a Ferrari in LEGO Technic form is an absolute childhood dream come true” says Lars Krogh Jensen, Designer, LEGO Technic. “Ferrari is renowned for their truly incredible vehicles so I knew I had to push the boundaries of the LEGO Technic system to do justice to the dominating racetrack idol. This model captures the sophisticated silhouettes of the iconic car while paying homage to its engineering powers to capture the true essence of the 488 GTE. The build is a great challenge for any fan who appreciates excellent design and is interested in learning more about the engineering and technology that goes into crafting such an impressive car.”
Alessandro Pier Guidi, Ferrari Competizioni GT Official driver, commented: “When I was a kid I played quite often with LEGO bricks, so when I saw this reproduction of the Ferrari 488 GTE I was really impressed, especially considering some of the features they managed to replicate. I have to say that to see a LEGO Technic model of a car that I raced and carried my name on has made me very proud.”
The LEGO® Technic™ Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” is the first LEGO Technic model to be designed with Ferrari and continues the more than 15 year-long partnership between the two brands.
Toys N Bricks is your destination for the latest and hottest LEGO News, Sales News, Creations and Reviews! (www.toysnbricks.com)
Visit the new 2020 Toysnbricks LEGO Forums for LEGO Related Discussions. Registration is free.