A new LEGO Factory in Jiaxing, China has recently opened with an area of 165,000 m2. The factory will employ more than 1200 people and is expected to supply up to 80% of all LEGO products in Asia. Here are some quick key facts regarding the new LEGO Factory!
Facts about the factory
- The factory covers an area of approximately 165,000 m2.
- The land where the factory is located covers 315,000 m2.
- 45,000 m2 area for packing.
- 25,000 m2 manual warehouse.
- 10,000 m2 area for decoration and assembly.
- 35,000 m2 moulding facility.
- 6,500 m2 automated high bay warehouse. 24 metres high with a capacity of more than 400,000 storage boxes.
- More than 1,200 people are currently employed at the factory.
- The investment amounts to a 3-digit million Euro figure.
You can found out more through LEGO’s full press release here.