The new LEGO Technic 42107 Ducati Panigale V4 R Motorcycle is available August 1, 2020 at LEGO Shop at Home (US | Canada | UK). LEGO Italia and Ducati now presents the only model of the Ducati Panigale Red Motorcycle in 1:1 model scale built completely with LEGO Technic brick pieces. See below for the press release.
Riccardo Zangelmi, who has been creating brick artworks for years and using LEGO Technic for the first time on this occasion, said he was thrilled with the result: “Taking part in this project of LEGO Italia and Ducati was the most exciting professional challenge I’d ever faced. It pushed me well beyond any limit and I succeeded by crossing the finishing line as part of a team. I approached the project as an official pilot of the Borgo Panigale Company, giving it my all on the track, looking for and overcoming new challenges. I was the first to look at the two motorbikes side by side, and I am happy to have captured the DNA that characterizes both LEGO Technic and Ducati, recreating with bricks the motorbike that is symbolic of Italian excellence”.
Obviously, the 42107 LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 set created by LEGO Group for the fans of bricks and of two-wheelers, had pride of place at this event. The model measures 32 cm long, 16 cm high and 8 cm wide and is the first motorcycle model in LEGO® Technic™ history to include a gearbox that allows builders to simulate different speeds and driving techniques. Other awesome features include the steering and the suspensions that give the motorbike its realistic movement, not to mention the front and rear disc brakes. A stand, an exhaust pipe, a windshield and a dashboard are also some of the small details that make this replica model so true to the full-size version. And of course, the classic red color is sure to accelerate the pulse of any Ducati fan.
“The Ducati Panigale V4 R is such an elegant Italian icon and a true technological masterpiece”, comments Aurélien Rouffiange, Senior Designer at LEGO Technic. “It is a pleasure and an honour for me to see the fantastic work that LEGO Italia and Ducati have achieved. It is fantastic to see how the famous motorbike built with bricks captures the curves and the unique design of the original. Furthermore, I hope that building the LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R set transmits the same intense emotions that I feel today. It should be viewed as more than just a game, I hope it will be a lure to enter the world of mechanics, power and technology. The beginning of a long journey, full of fun and enthusiasm”.
The LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R model is designed for fans aged 10+ and will be available from LEGO.com from 1st June priced at [$59,99/59.99 Euro]. This new model is the first to be created after a licensing agreement was recently signed between the LEGO Group and Ducati Motor Holding.
- The Ducati Panigale V4 R with LEGO bricks is the most important professional challenge of the artist
- Number of times the motorcycle was built and disassembled: 8
- Number of times Riccardo thought he wouldn’t succeed: just once!
- It is Zangelmi’s first professional encounter with LEGO Technic
- Number of LEGO Technic bricks purchased for the project: so many that you could fill a pool!
- Speed of the Model 1:1… in your imagination it runs like the actual Ducati Panigale!
- The secret to win every challenge: work as a Team
- Riccardo’s future goals: building a model like this, but dynamic, would be a dream!
- Weight: 180 KG
- Number of bricks: 15,000
- Working hours for the building: 400
- No piece or anchorage is glued
- The most common elements are the BEAMS and the PINS
- Main colors used: red, black, light grey
- Completely designed without using CAD or software
The greatest challenges that Riccardo Zangelmi had to overcome:
- creating the curves between the tank and the lateral fairings
- ensuring stable anchorages in very tight spaces
42107 – LEGO Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R
- RRP USD 59,99/ EUR 59.99
- Aged 10+
- 646 pieces
- Measures over 12” (32cm) long, 6” (16cm) high and 3” (8cm) wide
- Product available direct from LEGO Shop at Home (US | Canada | UK) and LEGO Retail Stores
Toys N Bricks is your destination for the latest and hottest LEGO News, Sales News, Creations and Reviews! (www.toysnbricks.com)