The official LEGO Annual Results for 2018 is now available. You can view the full press release here. There is also a video regarding the annual results too. Market share has been increased in major markets and revenue grew 4 percent to DKK 36.4 billion. The same goes for operating profit where it grew 4% as well. Niels Christiansen started as a LEGO CEO since October 2017.
Top selling themes include LEGO Star Wars, LEGO City, LEGO Technic, LEGO Friends and LEGO Ninjago. There is also an emphasis on the company to expand further into China with the opening of 80 stores in 18 cities during 2019.
2018 Performance Highlights:
- Global consumer sales grew 3 percent in 2018 compared with 2017.
- Revenue for the full year grew 4 percent to DKK 36.4 billion. In constant currency, revenue grew 7 percent compared with 2017.
- Operating profit grew 4 percent to DKK 10.8 billion. Net profit was DKK 8.1 billion, an increase of 3.5 percent.
- Cash flow from operating activities remained strong at DKK 9.8 billion.
- Market share grew in all major markets, bucking overall industry trends.